Nymzreviews.com official thread

I’m not an expert like you and other guys here, but here we go…

With Tea 2 I feel that I found my sweet spot regarding tuning.
Good bass amount with impact/presence when it’s called, good texture and definition.
Mids are the best I’ve heard! They’re warm, intimate, engaging… Smooth like a butter and without any peaks on upper-mids (I’m very sensitive to this area).
Treble is on point for me. Very good detail, definition and extension but without pull attention to them. Looks like they’re a complement to the rest of the frequencies and don’t try to be the focus.
I don’t know much about technicalities and can tell just about what I hear and feel… For me there are a 3D effect with vocals centered and the rest of instruments running around them. It’s spacious and I can pinpoint everything easily.
A reviewer from Brazil told this about Tea 2: “It’s more analog, more human… you put it on and forget it. He gets out of the way and stay just you and the music.” - and I totally agree with him.
Regarding fit, fits like a glove to me… I just need to tip roll a bit to see if I can improve the sound and comfort.
Fits my library very well: Leprous, Foo Fighters, The Reign of Kindo, Incubus, Sticky Fingers, Turnstile, Spiritbox, Porcupine Tree, Led Zeppelin, Coheed and Cambria.

About Olina… I bought Olina OG and 2 days later HBB announced the SE lol.
So I decided to wait both arrive just to compare a bit.
I sold Olina OG because upper-mids and treble were too much for me. As I decided to keep just one of them, didn’t tried the double filter mod.
The SE solved the issue and I can listen to it for hours without any fatigue. Need more listen time to talk about with more detail but I definetely love them for acoustic and jazz (specially due to the natural timbre they have).
Lianne La Havas, Yebba, Black Pumas and Abstract Orchestra… All of them sound gorgeous on Olina SE.

10 Likes
4 Likes

yesss this is exactly what i hope from the tea’s 2 , wait for 11/11 to get mine !
also, glad to see another spiritbox fan :v:

2 Likes

Spiritbox was a glad surprise for me. Discovered them few months ago and is now one of my favorite bands. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

circle with me bro :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m waiting for 11.11 and if the tea goes on sale, I’m getting my god damned cookie.

1 Like

A shame that Tea OG queen is not sold anymore. But godamn do I love Tea2.

That definitely is a shame - you’ve created somewhat of a legend or dare I say “cult favorite” on here with the teas. If I find a pair for a good price on the second hand market, I may just pull the trigger just to see what all the fuss is about.

1 Like

-1 degree C right now where I live. :(. Hi of 5 C today. We have brutal long winters where I live. Hate it.

hi Nymz, new user here… i saw you’re finishing the review of the oracle mk2 and you really like it to your library. in this price range, do you think is the best option for a library of classic rock (pink floyd, velvet underground, bowie, stones, beatles) and indie rock (strokes, arctic monkeys)?
Or there is a better option (ex. Kinda Lava, Variations)?
thx!

1 Like

That does NOT sounds fun. Here we get some brutal winters as well, definitely gets as low as 10 degrees F sometimes below 0 - not sure what that translates to in terms of Celsius but it definitely gets damn cold.

There are times where we get down to -40 degrees F (which happens to be -40C lol) without windchill. Snow sometimes begins accumulating around October on the Ground (not always) and will finally be melted by mid April and as late as mid May. So yeah. Brutal. lol.

-40 F?! :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m all set my friend! :sweat_smile: there was one year for us (2014 I believe?) where we had back to back to back blizzards, nearly 100 inches of snow (which is a lot for this region), it broke the previous record. A large portion of it was all in February and the snow piles didn’t melt until the middle of June - that was a crazy year.

Sorry to divert the thread!

1 Like

Id definitely avoid Variations with a library like that or any set with a midbass dip. :slight_smile:

HBB’s recs are very good for a library like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We had two years of that. Snowmageddon and Snowpocalypse, they were called. Snowpocalypse DESTROYED the snow records. I lost 20 lbs, shoveling that year (and catching the flu…)!

2 Likes

I’m not a believer that everything you hear is represented on an FR graph but the things people say change after burn in can definitely be measured (spicy treble being rammed, mids opening up, etc) so it would br great for someone to measure a set new and then measure after 100 hours.

Is Headphones Break-in Real? 120-hour Burn-in Test - RTINGS.com Do you mean something like RTINGS did in this one?

5 Likes

yeah exactly. This is pretty good evidence imo against burn in being real

Hello and welcome to hfgf!

I need more information, but I’ll PM you :slight_smile: