Nymzreviews.com official thread

I like to inflict pain to wallets and I clearly like to suffer so :joy:

3 Likes

By causing pain to the wallets we all suffer together :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

The tuning for Mahina and Tea 2 look fairly similar. I was considering picking up a Tea 2 (have OG Tea, but DD failed), but maybe I’ll hold out for Mahina.

@nymz are you able to comment on their similarities? Particularly regarding stage depth, separation, and imaging?

1 Like

Thieaudio Oracle Mk2 Review

My review for the Thieaudio Oracle Mk2 is out and you can check it in the link below.

Thanks for reading and have a nice week!

20 Likes

I will answer this and every PM I got on the last few days by tomorrow, but I was underwater and I’m tired as hell.

Sorry for the lack of support, will catch up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s goooooo. I love the way the Monarch MKIIs look but these take the cake for me - they’re gorgeous.

2 Likes

Pics don’t make it justice. I should have disclosed that. I need to buy a pro camera.

1 Like

i sent one of the pms and gotta say the review answered all of them and more. the most comprehensive review of the oracle mk2 i saw to this date.
great comparisons too! congrats nymz.

4 Likes

If you ever need a suggestion on what to get, let me know. I’m secretly a photographer on the side and I enjoy spreading my knowledge to my fellow brothers :love_you_gesture:

Anything that takes good pics and doesn’t cost a kidney? :sweat_smile:

Depending on the kidney, am I right? :sweat_smile: What’s your budget? hit me with whatever you got and I’ll do some research for you. You’re a busy man and there are just too many options being released, especially in the last 5 or 6 years.

I’ll hit you up when I’m ready to look for them. By kindey I mean as cheap as possible, mainly just for IEMs and summer trips, plus the incoming baby :slight_smile:

That’s right, you absolutely need a legit camera, my friend. Whenever you’re ready, just let me know.

You can get a really nice little kit for under $1000 that would take care of most situations for sure. Just to give you an idea.

1 Like

Get that rest chief!

2 Likes

I will now. I have an insane bag that a fellow portuguese fella sent me, with insane value, right next to me…

… Tomorrow is another day. I’m happy I got Oracle out of the way, I want to play with sources too (come at me @pylaczynski:P)

Next on the chopping block:

• Olina SE (vs OG and Double Filter)
  • TGXEAR double drop: Alpha and Tantalus
7 Likes

How is the Sony A6000?

Ah man, you’re bringing me back - I’ve owned the A6000 twice and loved it both times. It’s a fantastic little camera if you can find it sub $350 in todays second hand market. I used to use various adapters with it in order to put older Nikon, Pentax and Tokina. I could go on and on about that camera, but I would say it’s a fantastic little piece of kit for the money.

1 Like

not worth msrp new?

(its around 440 usd here new, with that 16-50mm lens, which I believe is included all the time though.)

hmm hard to say. I know you’re not living in the US (If I remember correctly?) and you can find many many units with that 16-50 PZ lens for under the $400 mark. I would say for a brand new unit, $440 is a reasonable price however, just make sure it’s not gray market and it comes with the full warranty, then I think it’s worth it. I’ve always opted for buying used, I’ve only ever bought two cameras brand new (because they were so expensive, I wanted the warranty)

I would say, honestly, for a non-pro photog, the A6000 is probably the best camera for anyone, maybe even under $1000.

Ps. Sorry for slightly derailing the thread here, @nymz

4 Likes

yeah, im in Sweden. Used go for around 60% of new here.

Sounds like it could be an option for @nymz as well?