Nymzreviews.com official thread

If the used market is strong in Sweden, I’d just go used. It’s a really fantastic little camera, and I’ve only ever had one issue on my first example. The curtain shutter failed on me and Sony fixed it up and sent it back within 2 weeks, out of warranty but free of charge. It was stellar CS.

And I would definitely say it would be a viable option for @nymz. But cameras are very personal, somewhat like audio. Sometimes the ‘best camera’ isn’t the right one for you. Example - Fujifilm. By far my favorite camera brand. They don’t have some of the features that you find on comparably priced cameras from say, Sony, but they’re special in a way where it’s hard to explain.

3 Likes

I’m a professional photographer and have used Fuji cameras for over 7 years they are bang for buck unbeatable especially when it comes to ergonomics My work here

6 Likes

Yo how‘s the 3D on the Oracle2 compared to the EJ/Tea?

You have lovely work, friend. Your subtle framing employs a sense of being a guest, rather than a viewer. Nicely done.

1 Like

I am ready to get triggered by all this UNSCIENTIFIC STATEMENTS ON POWAAA that surely you gonna put out in your review :disguised_face:

Apple dongle :fire:

1 Like

Pardon the smudge this is due to my excitement when delivery guy arrived at my door, posting after 30 mins of listening. This beast is nearing to becoming my favourite set :notes:

Listened to some orchestra, hip-hop, acoustics, and live music. Timbre is super nice! I love the soundstage. It may not be a basshead set but the quality and dynamics of the bass is something else. Vocals are not Tea foward but every instrument are crystal clear timbre is spot on.

initially being an earbuds guy, 14 years ago I started my IEM journey as I find earbud quality lacking in tonality. This made me reconsider going back to trying out earbuds again.

Edit: great rec @nymz ! :love_you_gesture:

9 Likes

Glad you loving it and thanks for the trust :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@tgx now owns your soul… And wallet.

7 Likes

Nice, mine would arrive maybe even this week! So hyped, like I was not for a long time! How do you like G5 with them? What are your settings (gain, pot)?

1 Like

EJ is still king in that regard, it’s a different stage.

1 Like

Mahina is warmer than Tea2. The treble region of the Mahina is better/more refined.

The Tea2 stage is more holographic to me, but that’s probably due to hrtf related stuff. The width is a smidge better while the depth is better on Mahina.

The mid range layering is more evident on Tea2 due added clarity from the bass shelf, but comparable. Technically, the Mahina is a better IEM.

To be honest, I’d decide based on its bass and your library.

2 Likes

Using low gain and knob is in 3 o’clock with 80% volume on Apple Music lossless. Plenty of volume ceiling still. I think G5 has more than enough power to drive the Serratus.

Planning on getting 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter to try on my Qudelix to compare the source difference.

I find that G5 is wiping out some bass peaks that some of them I enjoy on Qudelix 5k but sound is super clean imo coming from Quadelix for months. I clearly hear the difference. But this didn’t stop Serratus from giving good thumps.

Edit: Quadelix bluetooth is superior vs G5. Topping can’t get it right, I get distortions after 4 feet away from my device. With Quadelix I am able to leave my phone on the bedroom while cooking in the kitchen ~20 feet away with a giant fridge in between and I still get a good LDAC signal

5 Likes

Was aiming for some sets on 11.11 but I feel like I’m now in a direction of trying some Rikubuds and Alpha once I have some disposable moolah :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

Just fyi, you should always be 100% on your source (phone) and adjust on the amp :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those who have social medias, leave a heart-shaped cookie to the daddy. <3

10 Likes

Ahh got it, let me try that.

I’m currently A/B’ing my IEM sets with Serratus and so far I’m always leaning towards it maybe because of the timbre or if its because of the wider soundstage given that it’s an earbud. Loving it!

2 Likes

Well, depeding on what IEMs you’re comparing with, it’s probably not in your head and just Serratus flexing on everything.

A thing that you might not know, or many won’t, since there’s a lot of newcomer to the bud scene: The position on both ears matter to tonality and balance. You should always try to keep them mirror-like for better balance.

Regarding the position, the 45º degrees trick always works the best for me with TGXEAR. @tgx has a post about it on his instagram explaining better than any words can:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiXIJUROvu-/

Basicly just rotate them until they are something like 45º instead of straight down.

2 Likes

Which IEM‘s would you recommend if the S12‘s feel too bright even with EQ and you still want nice detail retrieval and a smooth sound? Bracket below 300 USD, doesn’t have to be planar :nerd_face:

1 Like

How does the S12 bass feel for you? Too lean, too much or just enough?

1 Like

I‘d say it’s enough. It‘s acceptable, I would be OK with a bit more or a bit less, as long as the overall resolution is great and the treble doesn‘t kill me :rofl:

2 Likes

I smell tea :thinking:

3 Likes