Nymzreviews.com official thread

Thats a classic one for sure.

I prefer Aimer though (especially with Sawano).

2 Likes

I second these tips - got them on my Bassy sets and they’re great little tips. Super cheap too!

1 Like

Sennheiser HD600

Instagram

10 Likes

Who wins, who wins with best teaser of the day?

12 Likes

Jealous :face_holding_back_tears: enjoy!

2 Likes

Hey there.
Did I miss Olina SE impressions or it’s still not out?

1 Like

Not out yet if im not mistaken but @nymz did update his list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not out yet, writting right now. It’s a slightly adjusted upper mids Olina that most peope will welcome.

Don’t quote me on imaging differences yet as I have not test that yet. Im on the way to my parents for the weekend and all I took was Olina and sources, but don’t expect it til monday.

Have a nice weekend boys :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

You did. Serratus > HD600, but I gotta admit im rly enjoying them. Will test more next week :slight_smile:

Curious for your impressions

1 Like

Enjoy your weekend, Robot brother :metal:

Oh, ok.
Is “most massive sound heard this year, probably the best” good enough statement after 2 songs?
Saying that from perspective of listening them on single ended out of qudelix5k, so probably may benefit from just a bit more of power. Had goosebumps on track I never ever had goosebumps (I wanna be yours by arctic monkeys, the first track I turned them in)

Your comparison to them sounding like pair of speakers is probable the most fitting statement ever I heard in audio (which is full of overstatements).

But it has a drawback - it apparently sounds like pair of speakers for a wife laying next to me as well… So she wants to ruin my experience and kick me out of bed…

10 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss.

Lezzz goooo. It’s a beast. I know it’s leap of faith, but a godamn good one.

Btw, sorry for your loss. Im sure you will manage to find another wife :joy:

Oh and I just heard that song live 1 month ago :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

messaged TGX and they recc’d the Serratus for me :slight_smile: hopefully I can order one soon

3 Likes

Lezzz goooo.

Full cookie jars everywhere :cookie:

1 Like

The race is on to get my self a pair! God dammit - I want my cookie :joy:

1 Like

DM IN DA HOUSE

First impressions:
I think I like them more than the EJ07 LOL. Forward/Intimate vocals like the Tea, and holy crap the dynamics and coherence is amazing :face_holding_back_tears: Stage and imaging still goes to the EJs, but they’re pretty close, aka really really good. It’s crazy that 1DD is doing all this. All my respect to Ethan :saluting_face:

10 Likes

Yep good one
Edit: her vibrato is phenomenal

1 Like

I forget what has been said about the mid-bass on them. What’s it like to you?

Mid-bass is great for my library (indie/alternative/ballads). Adds a little warmth and punch to the sound but still clean with no bloat due to no elevated subbass as well as a lower upper-mids elevation (800-5K) since it’s pretty much a straight line before 800hz:

The EJ is the opposite where it has a mid-bass scoop in-return for more sub-bass and upper-mids. I prefer the DM more because it has more mid-bass which adds that bit of warmth, whereas the EJs can sound lean at times, but because of that tuning the EJs have slightly better separation (and probably due to it having 6 more drivers lol).

3 Likes

is that the OG or revised?

1 Like