Nymzreviews.com official thread

OG. The build is Surprisingly really small though haha, but I ain’t complaining as it sounds amazing.

3 Likes

Kinda hoping HBB might take a swing at a similar and much more reasonable priced offshoot of it someday :open_hands:

4 Likes

Kai is likely as close as you’re getting to that dream

3 Likes

I also prefer the Dark Magician for my library. Tuning makes for a better all arounder. For some songs I’ll turn on XBass for a little bump. The EJ07 though is an absolute beast when the right song is played. I can listen to my library with it but, wow when I put on a Vocal Trance or PsyTrance playlist I’m absolutely blown away by it.

5 Likes

DM + EJ 07 OG ( 07m) + AirPods2 —> Quite enough for any library. Everything else is drooling and giving money! :wink:

4 Likes

DM has a perfect FR for my taste. I only wish there was 2-3 dB more sub-bass.

4 Likes

Sorry but that statement…

5 Likes

What’s up with the statement. :grinning: They can just put some sub-bass on it.But it’s still a perfect FR :purple_heart: :metal: .

3 Likes

Damn it man, hearing the word ‘all-rounder’ for a set makes me super giddy to want to try hearing them someday! :smile: Are they all just 2nd hand buys now?

1 Like

Just joshing buddy :smiley:

2 Likes

Me too . I’m looking to diversify because I’m bored of work :upside_down_face: :wink: .

2 Likes

Joining this forum has been both the worst and the best thing that has happened to me in this hobby :upside_down_face: I save money by skipping the crap sets, but I have this unquenchable thirst to spend money on the good sets ….

Stop it :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Hey @nymz, curious if you think a Sony Walkman A105 would be good enough to power the Mahina?

QKZ x HBB here I come :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Do it! It doesn’t make sense that these are $20!

6 Likes

Most likely will, if not (just) for me then for others because I like giving people good sound :blush:
Also I can’t remember who said that they look like a McDonald’s happy meal toy but my brain likes the idea of damned good sound coming out of something that looks like that! :smile:

LOL I think the looks are hit or miss - I really like the way they look (minus the lightning graphics) but just so you know, the shell is slightly on the larger side, if you have a small concha it may be a tight fit. But they do sound great for the asking price.

2 Likes

It does make sense nowadays, in the sense that one of the trends of this year is making tuning available at great prices. You have almost any flavor of tuning you could want for $50 or under: (and yes, I’ve heard all of these sets so I’m stating this from my experience and opinion)

Big sub-bass with good low-mids: QKZ x HBB
Big mid-bass with good upper-mids: KBear Rosefinch
Balanced warm: CCA CRA
My interpretation of neutral: 7Hz Zero
Neutral-bright: Moondrop Chu
Harman bright: Truthear Zero

I think every one of those sets do what they set out to do very well! It’s all a matter of taste and library, but I’d hit up any of those sets for those particular goals

5 Likes

Ya the EJ’s go crazy when the right song comes on, especially with the 3D staging. DM I prefer with vocal centric tracks.

3 Likes

This hits too close to home LOL.

3 Likes