Nymzreviews.com official thread

Airpods Pro 2 → Light and comfortable, perfect technology and superb musical sound! Nothing to do with the Chinese garbage we’ve all been staring at. Nothing more to say!! :melting_face:

1 Like

@nymz could you in your free time give me an example - 1, 2 songs where you could definitely hear one source lacking in “proper driving”/delivery (e.g. muddy bass, lacking details at 1:30 or even less specific) as compared to another? Like for example comparing L30/E30 to Q5k?

I am using this 500Ohm Serratus for some time this weekend with Qudelix SE and I am more than happy with this, but tomorrow I could and I would A/B against Topping DX3Pro+ and I would like to know what to look for to potentially ruin my unconscious happy existence with a low power source I could use everywhere :poop:

1 Like

Stemless Design? Looking like a LBBS. Did he say if it changes the sound? Not sure if there is any tuning done with length of the stem, almost like a bass port or so. Think Rikudou_Goku said putting an mmcx into a Mx500 shell changes the tuning.

1 Like

It is very likely “inspired” by lbbs as faceplate dia and overall height is almost exactly the same, just the outline differs. It definitely affects the tuning as well, as the acoustic cavity is different shape + volume of internal air. But it is made on purpose to have other possibilities both tuning and fit and comfort wise.
I personally can’t stand MX500 in long run, but LBBs and this totem fits me well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which IEM’s do you compare them to?

With the ones I have: B2, FH7, 07m, NF NA2+ , PD1 .

1 Like

From a sound quality point of view, do they really compete with B2’s, FH7 and 07m’s?

Definitely. Now many people will jump to spit on me, but I say what I hear. They and OG are competing! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not on here sir while I’m still a MOD anyway…everyone has an opinion and every opinion is valid :notes::+1:

8 Likes

Right?! Mind blowing for $20 is pretty accurate for these - I think these should be the staple for the $20 price bracket if you’re looking for a fun set - the KBear Rosefinch if you want more bass!

2 Likes

No way, brother - this hobby is as subjective as it comes, you’re entitled to your opinion :metal:

3 Likes

To me they’re the same level as the Olina. Great clarity and stage, but the things holding them back from endgame sets like the EJ/Oracle2/MMK2 are micro-details/texture, and 3D/separation. Best TWS for my library. YMMV.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. That’s quite interesting as I have Olinas as well as Oracles (and can hear the difference). I also have the OG Airpods Pro’s and XM4’s (prefer the EQ’ed XM4’s to the original APP). Do you also have/had the original Airpods Pro’s? How would you compare them to the new ones? Thanks a lot!

Check my reply to your comment on the IEM discussion thread :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Just saw it - I think I replied here while you were also replying on the other thread :smiley:

1 Like

How does a band like Brothers of Metal sound to you on them my dude (@domq422 same question if you partake of them or any power-metal in general :smiley:)?

1 Like

I don’t know. I really like the BTR5, but have never bought a Fiio IEM to compare.

I have to try those at some point. So many IEMs and not enough listening time.

Not familiar with Brothers of Metal, so I don’t know what it should sound like.

Iron Maiden is about the most metal I tend to listen to these days, and it sounded really good for the tracks I listened too ( Run to the Hills and The Trooper are on my headphone test songs ). It has enough bass to sound right, and tames the upper harmonics well, but still has good treble and upper-mid response for guitars.

1 Like

Interesting. Too bad I cant use the Airpods, not an iphone user.

1 Like

Pretty sure u can use them on android though…

1 Like

Anyone here ever owned the Sony N3 and could compare to the QKZ x HBB?