Nymzreviews.com official thread

Not in this thread, at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I can hook you up once I settle, just got back home.

500ohm serratus? :o

1 Like

Thanks.
It is 500 Ohm beryllium composite driver, probably the same driver as in Tantalus

1 Like

I would also like to try comparing my Serratus on quedelix, ifi ZEN CAN, and Megatron!

1 Like

Ill test with tantalus then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would really appreciate that!

1 Like

One big problem for me: I don’t have a means of volume matching… Do you?

Poor man’s version only - I printed snap-on mount to fit on my phone with place for iem tip next to the mic inlet, downloaded some audio meter app and I play pink noise from my source and match volume in this loop. I would need a revision of the design for the buds though

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool bro! Nice use of 3d printing haha. Do you have a printer at home?

At work only unfortunately. But quite a lot of them and some of them free

2 Likes

I don’t often need to DB match but it’s pretty simple, DB meters are cheap and I just used two pieces of thick moulded packing foam, one bit with a small hole melted through for the IEM to snuggly fit in, the other piece with a larger melted hole in for the meter then glued them together…

4 Likes

@nymz Do you also review TWS buds?

1 Like

I review anything that produces sounds, as long as I have time. My TWS section is still a WIP and only contains

• Edifier Neobuds Pro
  • Buds Pro
  • N400
  • XM4

I have yet to buy more and do an actual buyer’s guide for all of them. I need to start shrinking all my reviews, starting after Olina and the others that are already 90% done

4 Likes

Got time?

:troll:

11 Likes

Sorry, should have said reproduces instead :joy:

1 Like

I can go all day! :rofl:

I’ll start this one off:

Build 10/10
Battery life 8/10
Aesthetics 11/10

13 Likes

Jealous! I wish I had something like this

This is basically 1h, 5$ in material print consisting of 3 parts. I could send you the model adjusted for your phone if you have a friend who could print you that one, but just need some basic measurements or info on your phone and mic inlet position :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jack Black playing this thing on Fallon is one of my all time favorite clips :sweat_smile:

5 Likes