Nymzreviews.com official thread

Jack Black playing one on Fallon is what got me into headphones.

1 Like

I tuned into retro wave- Robert Miles :slightly_smiling_face: .
Maybe Iā€™m getting old :grimacing: .

Moondrop Stellaris Frequency Response Graph

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj05YTHs6MV/

:mountain:

10 Likes

oh wow i think that peak just hit me in the eye

2 Likes

Holy shieeeet

2 Likes

Too bad, since the bass glide to mids looks really good. Maybe with EQ?

Timmy from Gizaudio created an EQ preset that seems to correct a lot of the issues with the set that people have without sacrificing too much on the stellar techs from what Iā€™ve heard.

Now that you mention it, I remember. But is it worth it, with all the other planars on the market?

I hesitate to get myself a planar, right now: I have been disappointed by the timeless, and it seems all they can do for now is v-shape. One the other hand, this tech is quite new and will grow up for sureā€¦ Iā€™m thinking out loud right now: I would better wait for saving money on a good DD+ba set or a tribrid right now, given my level of expectations ā€¦ I blame the tea and tea2 for that: since I heard them, I have a hard time accepting the risk of buying something that would have less details.

2 Likes

Yup, agreed. OG Teas still one the best vocals Iā€™ve heard, and if you like the Tea then the Stellaris is probably not for you :joy: Seems like the opposite tuning. If you want something similar but with more detail Iā€™d rec the Oracle2. To me itā€™s a brighter Tea, and with my library (old-school rock/indie/alternative/ballads) it didnā€™t get sibilant or sharp at high volume (80db+). It can get spicy with j-rock/pop, and EDM though (at 80db+). But SO much detail, and female vocals sound amazing with a nice sub-bass rumble. Kinda curious to try the Oracle2s with filters :thinking:

4 Likes

That peak looks like a giant deal breaker. Fortunately I think there is a chance of salvaging it by using some nozzle dampers.

Quite similar peak to the LZ Z04A.

1 Like

Welcome back sir. :slight_smile: you are missed and appreciated.

1 Like

I can understand that, to my ears the S12 was technically better than the Timeless, but was very bright.

I think many of us would agree. I love the sound of the OG Tea, and not much captures the magic like it under $300. Note that I still havenā€™t bought the Tea2, but likely will soonish ( maybe 11.11 ).

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at the Mahina as my next Tea but with more oomph :smile:

Iā€™d buy that in case youā€™re selling :smiley:

Same. I want one for my spl meter

2 Likes

Yanyin Moonlight is said to be a great successor to teas: it sounds like tea, but with EST treble.

I really do like tea for their mids precision, but I tend to like brighter signatures in general (I like listening at low/mid volume, and the tea tend to make me sin in that regard). But the stellaris peak thoughā€¦ Dreadfull!

4 Likes

This is brighter than my wildest dreams. If I listen to music with them, after two days I will be treated in an ear clinic. :grinning: I wonder what the point of the setup was?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I can print you one free of charge, just for the shipping cost (but it is slightly bigger than what is allowed for cheap shipment). You are in EU right? Maybe it would be cheaper to print locally than to pay for the shipment, I can send you the files

@nymz same story of course - we can discuss in PM, maybe that would be a part of bigger package :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you can share the file, I can check locally how much would it cost. But locals usually sprinkle gold all over stuff and 5eur item suddenly becomes 20eur :joy:

Yes, sure, it is up to you, I can send it via post as well, but as it would exceed 20mm in thickness it may end up costing around would cost around 13 eur.
Noo matter what you choose I need a phone model from you and (if I cannot find it online) an estimated position of the inlet of the bottom mic against the side wall :slight_smile:

1 Like