Nymzreviews.com official thread

We all need a good friend sometimes :smiling_face_with_tear:

Looking forward to the Nymz signature review, good sir :sunglasses:

1 Like

DHL and top priority on that set just for you.

I can’t control when it gets shipped tho :cry:

2 Likes

HA! no worries, man - Whether it’s Amazon prime same day or Ali “Express” DHL parcel, I’ll be here for it :metal:

1 Like

Interested to hear this. RSV keeps coming and going on my radar. Just not sure if it’ll really fit my preferences and library. It’s the same way I feel about the Oracle MKII. I wasn’t a fan of the OG Oracle but, then I hear someone like yourself rave about the MKII and the itch gets strong. Just think it might be a bit to resolving for my liking and most my library.

4 Likes

RSV is love bro. Best vocals. They are like honey.

Sadly I’ll be parting with mine after sa6 take, as I cant keep them all. Will need to find it a good family. Same for EJ.

4 Likes

Nowhere. I’m just guessing. There is no way a $600 IEMs is TOTL. If it was TOTL, its sound would cost $1000+. This is my opinion, the sound of SA6U may disprove me, but I doubt it!

I cant compare it with MMk2… Yet.

1 Like

More interesting will be the comparison between Oracle2/ ULTRA/ some older IEMs with the same price category. Old products are not always worse.

1 Like

You’re not…wrong, but the speed with which the hobby can move tech and tuning down the price ladder when motivated is crazy.

A year ago, Kato at $180 was value. Now the $101-250 market is kinda dead because of the value squeezing it on both sides.

The game moves fast when it wants to

4 Likes

When you say something like there is no way $xxx iem can be TOTL like $xxxx iem do you mean that in the way that companies (usually) put TOTL iems in that extremely high price bracket?

1 Like

Yes. In addition, the hype surrounding the appearance of a new IEM is always great, until the new “TOTL” version comes, called PRO, MK2, Plus, etc.

2 Likes

The market is developing fast, but the technology is a bit behind. It is not possible to make TOTL IEMs only by reconfiguring the FR - new technologies are needed, which cost money. Therefore, the market will develop, but the prices will also rise! :wink:

1 Like

Very curious :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I don’t agree with this. Look at someone like Elysian. Does he have access to tech that anybody else doesn’t? Not at all. Annihilator and X are universally regarded, and expensive AF. Gaea and Diva are getting just as much praise and they’re 1/2, to 1/3 the price.

The cost to make something at the highest level isn’t about the tech or the labor. It’s a lot about reputation and the demand of the public to be willing to pay for it. Aston Martin isn’t a more perfectly made car than other companies. It certainly isn’t a useful car in the day-to-day sense. But people will freaking pay 6 figures for one because it’s got a brand that people attach value to.

It works that way in IEMs too

3 Likes

Demising returns, personal preferences and income come into this as much as review praise tbh like everything in life :yin_yang:

3 Likes

That’s not how diminishing returns works though. Diminishing returns is the amount of improvement decreasing as the cost rises. My example is quality maintaining its level as cost decreases.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes, that is how diminishing returns works. My point is that when you have a sample that is more of a straight line than a curve, like Elysian is proving to be, it’s got other factors going on besides “price vs quality” because price is about things besides materials and labor.

Edit: Just ignore me about this, I’m looking to pick a fight for no good reason. I’ll get my head back on straight

2 Likes

TOTL/Endgame is subjective and imo kind of a meaningless distinction in hobby. It doesn’t matter how universally praised something is if it doesn’t jive with your ears and your library. Flagship is a bit different as it’s driven by price in a companies lineup but flagship also doesn’t equal TOTL. Look at Yanyin, their flagship is the least talked about of their IEMs

5 Likes

Hey, no one but weirdos like politicians and public speakers tend to like their own voice. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like to show people that YouTube on desktop has a useful Sort by oldest video on channels so you can check out the first video of popular YouTubers.

For instance, check out these videos and guess how many subscribers they have now (oh and check out their recent videos and how much they’ve changed!):

5 Likes