3 Likes

it’s still a chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re going to buy it anyway, might as well get a shot in the raffle lol

1 Like

Any graphs on the Mangird TOP?

1 Like

You can still buy them in many places though that’s why I was asking lol

well i never heard any of them so i think the best i can do is to refer you to this review + comparison from a man who loves them both

1 Like

I tried the Tea2 a month ago so take this for what it is. To me Tea2 is an overall upgrade in tech over the OG and the low-end slams harder, but I prefer the OG for vocals and volume scaling. Vocals are still great on the Tea2 but not as immersive to me.

2 Likes

Hey guys. I’d like to give some news about THE set. The one by whom all this started. Nymz’s tea set has travelled to the us to get diagnosed.

The DD is dead all right. The culprit seems to be moisture, and it is probably the main cause of failure for the set. Therefore the set will need a transplant with a new DD. For security, the left iem may need a replacement too: there’s no reason there’s less moisture on a side compared to the other.

The good news is it can be saved. It may not sound the same as before, but it will live. The second good news is that it allows Jeff from hi-fries to make a very insightful video on it: What's inside? The beloved Mangird Tea IEM, teardown, initial observations and component highlight. - YouTube

6 Likes

Aaa yeah, bio drivers are definitely more vulnerable to moisture than metal or plastic ones.

2 Likes

Glad it made to him ok!

Updated the list with more links and deals from Linsoul, will go through HifiGo tomorrow once that goes live.

On other news, seems TGXEARS are popping off and stocks are flying. I heard a rumour of a red version Serratus (I literally just spoiled this without asking him :upside_down_face:).

11 Likes

Thanks…great list for 11.11…Spot on with Ovidius B1 dongle. Bought my 2nd along with the $25 coupon and for total $50 its a steal.

Having owned E44, L2B and Jcally AP90 all pricier than B1 but B1 is superior in driving S12 to desktop level dynamics…dont get me wrong other dongles will push the volumes but not dynamics. B1 focus on mids which worked great for S12.

This is also the only dongle with its quirkiest usb connector but very capable of taking huge data processing of the Neutron players 64bit processing and pcm to dsd playback…you will be blown away.

1 Like

No volume control => no go for me

1 Like

The s12 are well discounted, too (both versions: standard is 120 and pro is 135). You should add it to the list, IMO.

1 Like

Ya…if you value that over the overall SQ. I prefer the later. Interesting unlike any other dac…this is custom AKM chip with 4 channel desktop architexture. all other dongles are only 2 channel i guess.

1 Like

I didn’t say I value one over the other: I actually value both. My use case needs a volume button on the dongle. The perfect dongle for me would have fwd/back and play/pause too, but I didn’t find any of it except on bt dongles (had es100 and own q5K now, but I am still in search for that non existing dongle that would allow me the same functionalities without having to pay extra for BT).

1 Like