Nymzreviews.com official thread

Well, I had to point out it’s biggest con.

It’s not heavy like people would imagine after reading that, but more heavy than current used cable on your buds. It’s a couple of grams, but noticeable.

1 Like

That’s not a cookie, that’s the whole pack :cookie:

Thanks brother :pray:

I said everyone on my Serratus review that Jim was just starting and I think he still his. The amount of effort and hours he clocks in, with clear improvements, are commendable. Also he has a 2y warranty policy, that if your bud goes blip, he fixes or sends another one. That’s unseen.

What still makes him ground looped is that he is his own biggest critic and knows his sets flaws. 98% aint close enough, throw away and re do it. That’s inpiring. Before being a member of the trade, he was one of us mortals, with hundreds of thousands of sets on his belt. Now he his writing his own story.

I went to him for advice once, he came back to me for a review. This far I’ve learned a lot, but most important I gained a friend.

Everytime im reviewing his sets he gets nymz, and reads my impressions when you guys do. Other times he gets Ricardo and we talk about food and stuff all day. He is a Pastel de Nata lover, which is a Portuguese specialty, that he found on a local portuguese cafe.

Anyway, objectively, he is years ahead of competition, and that is a fact proven by everyone’s feedback.

8 Likes

DUNU Black Friday sale just went live.

According to their instagram:

4 Likes

I own both they both have advantages over the other the zx507 is a much slicker experience and can store limitless library of music up to 2tb while the N3pro is limited to 20,000 tracks the tube function pips the zx507 in sound quality and the N3pro has way more power. And the battery lasts longer on the N3pro. I also own the NW-WM1A which beats the N3pro in every category especially battery life the Sony android implementation is a better killer.

1 Like

Thieaudio Prestige

Dayum.

9 Likes

Fiio FW5 (TWS)

Interesting… TWS is the new mainstream market, I guess. Expecting a lot of brands to dive in asap.

That’s… a lotta bass.

3 Likes

Hey Dunu! That…ain’t it

Bye-bye Monarch Mk II…?

2 Likes

looks like a thieaudio with more “fun” tuning right?

Clairvoyance with more upper/mid treble and a couple dub on sub-bass? Seems my guess

2 Likes

Mid bass into the mids…that ain’t a porch it’s a doorstep…rubbish name too :smile:

1 Like

Jesus Christ - I had no idea about that 2 year warranty, that is absolutely insane. Not to mention, from what you’re telling me (you seem to know him on a personal level) the dude doesn’t quite to strive for perfection. These other big companies could learn a thing or two from Jim. It’s inspiring like you said.

The more I read about him and he’s goals to achieve a higher sense of accomplishment through his art, the more I want to invest in him as a person and he’s company.

If I had more money, I’d be throwing it at him and the Serratus for sure. You don’t really create hype with your glowing reviews, man, you just shine a light on a genuine unicorn in our hobby, and I applaud you.

2 Likes

Oh boy - another day, another set I can lust over from Thie. That bass shelf is substantial. I’ll wait on the reviews for sure, but I don’t doubt it’ll be a winner.

1 Like

Have we hit the point where this hobby just SUCKS yet? Cause I wanna say the pure volume of competent IEMs at every price range, that makes you want to spend money (let alone the used gear you can get that’s also good) is starting to actually upset me a little bit LOL

1 Like

For me or in general?

It’s overwhelming. Scary, actually.

In general

1 Like

The answer is
All Aboard
I recommend waiting until we see something with staying power of 1/2-1 year instead of FOTM and just wait until that pops up on sale or used since people will keep getting in and out of sets for the forseeable…ever.

6 Likes

U12T, Z1R, Trio, etc etc :slight_smile: Test of time is still the most reliable one.

3 Likes

See, my issue is the opposite. It’s not that I’m worried about the sets with staying power insomuch as what’s good will be good and stay good. It’s the FotM that might be specifically suited to me, but if I miss the window it’s gone like it’s Keyzer Sozè that frustrate me.

Like catching Fan 2 at the VIP price and falling for it. This is the only window you’re likely to ever hit it but now that I have that the Aful Performer 5 looks intriguing but I don’t need it. And how different would that be from Dunu Vulkan which I’ve been intrigued with most of the year?

It’s WAY too much to deal with!