Nymzreviews.com official thread

Still not sure if I got the v1 or v2. Either way this is a super fun IEM. I’m on two days with it and maybe 8 hours. It may be the first super bass heavy IEM I’ve tried that seems to do pretty well for everything I listen to.

Lower to mid volumes really let the bass come in line where other IEMs would start to loss it. I think the placement of the BA also allows the other frequencies to still pull through good. Especially maintaining a good vocal presentation that isn’t muddy. Overall still maintains a good sense of imaging and stage, nothing great but better than most bass heavy IEMs, due to the BA placement. Throw these bad boys on high volume some genres start to suffer but, stuff like Hip-Hop and reggae bass slaps are killer.

Initial honeymoon thoughts are it’s a great set. One that has a solid place in a collection for being different. Basshead fans will be satisfied and get one of the most coherent bass heavy IEMs I’ve heard to date without needing EQ or mods. I’d definitely rate this way higher than the EE Legend Evo and the ASG 2.0 all while coming in at a way cheaper price.

1 Like

well… its finally tea time ! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

6 Likes

Max looks good, I would actually enjoy it (maybe)

Glad you do :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

man, I really want to try this IEM…

1 Like

I should make the most of that, maybe with some Azla tips. I’ll check with them, thanks!

1 Like

first impression with these,
oh my
where do i begin.
this is exactly what i was looking for, wow, just wow !
the drums are pounding at your chest while being laid back without getting the way of the vocals.
the imaging is insane, i could actually know how far each cord of the piano is from me.
separation is just great, everything got its respect and you can tell each and every instrument and vocal.
and oh the vocals ! when said i wanted forward clean vocals this is what i was looking for !
everything is clear and forward without being harsh, i could hear the sound of the spit on the singers lips as they move and every breath, no instruments were fighting against the vocals but surrounding them and giving them the respect they deserve.
they work great with metal due to the bass and separation, female vocals sound crisp with just enough bite.
its been 1:30 hours i listened to them with my E30+L30 combo and stock tips (great seal),
great build quality and they are just gorgeous in person + being super comfortable for me.
i haven’t cried in many years but today, while listening to this song on the tea’s, a tear almost , just almost got away :slight_smile:
Wolves At The Gate - A Voice In The Violence (Redux) - YouTube

12 Likes

:woman_cook: :cookie:

Welcome to the 3D land. May your treble be gentle, your mid-range filled with unicorn tears and your bass bless by Hans Zimmer.

Congratulations and thanks for the trust :pray:

3 Likes

thank you brother for the recommendation ! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

That almost put my finger on the trigger. Otherwise Tea are always unique! Enjoy listening.

1 Like

what bands are you listening to? i can check some songs if you want to :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are the Tea 2s, correct?

yes those are the tea’s 2 :cookie:

1 Like

I listen to a lot of bands. I have something to listen to metal with . I’m more attracted to the soundstage in Tea . I love big and holographic soundstages with good imaging.

2 Likes

They look so stunning :star2:

2 Likes

A fellow Wolves At the Gate enjoyer I see. Their new album hits so hard. It saved me from wanting to blow my brains out from hearing the same 5 Christmas songs for the 1000th time lol.

1 Like

Man, so I was listening to my EJ’s right. And they’re known for their amazing staging right (and they are), but then I put on the Serratus, and then…
Space-music GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
I have been ruined by Jim :upside_down_face: I honestly think ima have to sell a lot of my sets now :joy:

BRO HOW DO THEY SOUND SO REAL??

11 Likes

What’s the source you are using for them?

Using Motu M2 and they drive them great :+1: NX7 also drives them great, but less analytical and smoother than M2.

Imaging, overall sound stage and note weight of Serratus are some things hard to find in any IEMs, but I just today realized A/Bing with Unique Melody Mest on the fact that vocals are not the strongest feat of this set. Compared to MEST they sound a bit muffled/grainy/behind the wall.

MEST in that department sounds so clean - like someone sings just in your room without a microphone in between for lack of better description. I tried it on outstanding album from Richard Dawson from this month - check last 3 minutes of the track (as well as all the rest, layering of music in this recording is unprecedented)

But that basss with hiegi foams!!! Never thought buds are able to do me like that in that sound frequency range :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Interesting! I actually had the opposite experience with the MEST OG and MK2. When I was comparing them with other sets like the U12T and Tea the vocals and the tuning in general sounded artificially detailed. My impressions (and my notes) of them was that the timbre was off.

I have no issues with the vocals on the Serratus, and I’d say that it, and its soundstage/timbre are its main strengths. If it does sound muffled/grainy/walled then it may be due to the recording and mastering of the track? (Or maybe the fit because that definitely throws off the sound) Because the timbre is the most accurate/real I’ve ever heard so perhaps that’s just how the song was supposed to sound like. Again I haven’t experienced anything but clear and realistic, so maybe someone else can chime in on this :thinking:

3 Likes