Nymzreviews.com official thread

Yeah life has been giving me lemons, I finally got back home and to my setup tonight. Well, it is what it is.

Already baked just needing the toppings:

• DUNU Kima
  • Timeless AE
  • QKZ HBB
  • FatFreq Maestro Mini
  • Symphonium Meteor
  • Symphonium Helios

Other stuff will follow suit. I’ve also been working on the new tier-list and yearly awards when I get free slots, so there’s that coming as well.

14 Likes

Does it stand out as having anything special for it’s asking price? I’ve been eyeing it as a huge fan of the Tea and UP just worried it won’t offer anything special to my current rotation.

Edit: Oh god just loaded it in your squigs compared to my rotation. Looks like the Top might be a bit to much treble for my taste. Does it come of as being bright?

1 Like

I sure hope those are some good lemons, my friend - this way you can make lemonade :lemon:

I’m looking forward to your thoughts on all of these sets but the meteor in particular, I’ve heard some very decent impressions on those and I will admit, they’re on my radar.

Side note - the graph of the Top looks jarring to say the least. All that energy after the gain is most likely a deal breaker for me and for most. At least the faceplates are damn pretty!

3 Likes

I only had a quick listen for a few minutes and didn’t get to do any tip rolling or use my own tracks, but the top end was too much for me. It has a lot of energy up there and was a bit piercing in parts of the couple tracks I listened to.

3 Likes

Took me WAY too long to realize that “toppings” is not that Toppings.
Ok, brain farting, see ya :melting_face: :rofl:

4 Likes

Just some scares and work getting rough. Not feeling myself lately and that is also affecting my writting.

2 Likes

No-nut-November has passed so I don’t know what might be stopping you from doing that badum-tish

1 Like

What are you talking about? November has to no-nut Nymz

2 Likes

Hey brother, it’s not about hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward :call_me_hand: that’s all that matters. Stay up, my robot friend :white_heart:

5 Likes

I found a pair of Penon Vortex listed in my local classifieds for $106 USD. Trying to close out the deal before the weekend. Aside from the fact that it could potentially be a great deal (and somewhat low risk to my wallet), from a sound perspective, what can I expect as a Tea lover? I am intrigued by the single DD and decent looking mids according to the graphs.

edit: my original wording made it seem like I was making a statement about the Tea. I was actually asking for input on sound differences between Tea and the Vortex.

4 Likes

@Timmy-Gizaudio released his review on the Top for anyone that was interested!

Also - my boy @nymz is moving up in the world with that shout out, it warmed my heart, genuinely :sunglasses: naturally the next step is to make a YouTube channel buddy :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

14 Likes

Ever since Timmy ranked Variations as IEMs perfect for metal music, I don’t listen to Timmy and don’t trust him much. Timmy must not have heard of mid bass and its necessity in metal music. I guess Timmy listened to 3-4 metal bands :wink: :octopus:.

5 Likes

That’s definitely fair! I think it’s important to find reviewers we mesh well with :call_me_hand: I tend to agree with Timmy from my experience, with a few variables.

2 Likes

I think it’s equally important to hear reviewers you don’t vibe with. Just as valuable as it is to listen to someone who vibes with you on tuning or library, it’s really good to understand why and how other people hear things differently than you.

Echo chambers aren’t the best, positive or negative.

9 Likes

Definitely agree with you on that!

1 Like

I have not tried the Tea, but I own the Vortex and I’m quite confident you’ll enjoy it when looking at the Tea’s graph. The mids are fantastic in the Vortex, and that mid bass on it is just chefs kiss. Bass guitar never sounded so good. It has great treble and detail, but with a bit of warmth so it’s not fatiguing. My only real complaint I have with it currently is the noticeably weaker sub bass. But the mid bass does help balance it out a bit. Also $106, that’s a steal!

2 Likes

If a certain presenter is not competent with a certain music genre —> he should not speak “competently” about it, because he misleads people and they buy IEMs that do not work for them! For example, I don’t speak about K-Pop because I don’t listen to it :wink: :relieved: !!!

3 Likes

2nd hand metal shell ej07m for 270 EUR, what do you guys think? What do they bring to the table against Mest?

1 Like

Similar in staging/presentation, less midbass with fatter sub bass and more polite (but still extended) highs. If you already have the MEST/mkII, it’s kinda redundant IMO. That price is sick tho.
Edit: this is based on my personal experiences with a resin-shelled EJ07m and MEST mkII, just FYI.

2 Likes

Thank you a lot for this down to earth opinion (really rational). This aligns with graphs, though I always felt like the graphs in treble doesnt represent the reality with MEST (as it looks subdued in most of the Squiggs, where in reality for me it is just on the good side of the bright treble) :slight_smile:

So if anyone would like to take it, I can support the process of sourcing it from Poland :slight_smile:

2 Likes