Nymzreviews.com official thread

Okay, so I got messages back from one of the guys that mentioned the Qudelix TWS stuff and he said that he hasn’t heard any updates on it, but he’s going to ask around on the Chinese audiophile forums he’s a part of (including the one where the Q&A went down) to see if anyone knows anything else. I’ll update here if I hear anything else useful.

3 Likes

So many choices from them! IYO, what’s the best price to quality ratio cable from Xhins?

1 Like

I read that they are focusing on a gaming dac right now as their only project but idk how reliable that info is

1 Like

Yeah and I have no idea how reliable this info is. It’s literally just a rumor based off something one of their engineers said during a Q&A on some Chinese audiophile forum.

1 Like

Hopefully it will come true - want to see more efforts by firms offering TWS adaptors to help making them better in all aspects. Love my utws5 nevertheless

1 Like

Probably this

2 Likes

I will get the STORM in the incoming weeks. I would gladly sent you my unit for a review, no problem at all.

9 Likes

Oh dayum, coming in clutch!!!

Let’s talk on the side, I might have something that interests you as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 core graphene is my favourite from the shelf, but you can ask for customs.

The twisted copper, 8 core silver and hibrids are very nice as well. Let me know what you want in more detail and I can see what I find. I have a package on air from him, if it’s exactly what I asked, it will be a winner and probably the best bang for buck, so let’s wait on that.

2 Likes

That looks to be a chunky boi! My biggest set and my limit is the FATfreq Maestro SE with 12 drivers per side. Hopefully the STORM has a decent fit.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I just swapped for couple of days my Serratus, Alter Rider and LBBS for Fatfreq Maestro Mini. The bass iiiiiiissss heavy as hell, though I expected even more for some reason, but I would wiggle around with tips later on to make the most out of it. The vocals are too thin for my taste in here, the treble is a bit piercing, but I could have this set just for the sake of the FU bass it produces.

But fuck me I just wanted to share something I would consider the worst design decision in IEM I have seen up til today. I knew it is without a shield on the nozzle, but come on!!

Check this:

The BA nozzle is like 0,3mm down the lip, so even if you would want you would not install anything. Only things like Complys with integrated grill or azla vivid would make me feel safe about that set

They are very very comfortable though

5 Likes

That was a main concern for me, thankfully I only had to baby it a while… but it was a deterrent for owning it long term for sure.

2 Likes

That makes me nervous just looking at the picture … Thankfully they added a grill on the newly revised SE. Being a boutique brand, they must not make too many of these things but I’m still hoping a pair pops up in the used market. I’d love to get a sense of what the bass shelf is like.

2 Likes

Oh my God, no :sleepy:

XENNS Mangird Top

Frequency Response Graph:

First impressions:

Neutral with a bass boost. Less upper mids intense Variations. Pretty well balanced and nothing stood out so far other than a tiny-mini elevation around 5k.

Techs are good, mainly stage, separation and layering.

On first passage, I’d say it’s at least competitive and I personaly like it.

15 Likes

Moondrop Quarks (DSP Version)

Frequency Response Graph:

First impressions:

Good tonal balance with mediocre techs, which is expected at this price range, that also turns into a no-fault-policy given the 14$ tag - but don’t get me wrong, it’s still well tuned regarding the price.

Expect QC and unit variation on these, judging by graphs I’ve seen.

Probably the cheapest way you can get a good tuning, given you don’t need a separated DAC (dongle) to connect it to your phone.

7 Likes

@nymz backlog on backlog on backlog :upside_down_face: I feel your pain, my friend - you don’t even have to say anything.

2 Likes

KZ H10 (TWS)

First impressions:

Heavy clamp force. Pairing was swift and painless, pretty straight forward interface with decent ANC.

Tuning is a wack - inversed W-shaped/V-shaped.

Build is all around. Metal parts are sturdy but plastic and PU Leather parts feel cheap. Pads get hot.

Sorry, still not there yet.

4 Likes

I believe that agreed l added it to the V2 MM as well