Nymzreviews.com official thread

Gems for my library and bliss for the eyes :notes:

11 Likes

Yes, but santa mymz is in town, ill reach to you

2 Likes

If I knew uā€™d love those so much Iā€™d sent it way before ahah

3 Likes

I have never felt an IEM like I do now. The reason is not that it is a new IEM, as is the case with most of us. Maybe there is some perfect match with my HRTF! :boom:

6 Likes

I like when people are happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I also love my S12sā€¦can you please tell your library / artist? Polyphia is a great discovery for meā€¦thanks.

1 Like

I have a huge library of over 5000 metal bands, most are progressive metal and progressive death metal, pgogressive metalcore and prodressive deathcore, technical death metal, instrumental progressive metal, etc. Here are some you might like:

Animals as leaders
Andomida
Mendel
Sleep Terror
VOLA
Fallujah
The zenith passage
Revocation
Wheel
Persefone
Xenobiotic
Meshuggah
TOOL
Cryptopsy
Soreption
Mycelia ā€¦

This is a small part! The first 5 bands on the list are highly recommended if you like Polyphia :wink:

4 Likes

Thanksā€¦metal are so effortless for S12.

3 Likes

Speaking on a pure tuning perspective, the IEMs that matched me the best so far were some of the usual suspects, like:

• Tea 2
  • SA6 Ultra
  • Anole VX (edit: ignore this one, you said 1k)
  • Mahina
  • EJ07

This is purely out of the top of my head and I might have missed some important ones, but you get the point. What all of these have in common is a forward mid-range, mainly due to an early pinna gain rise but then a plateau with dips in my sensitive area (around 5-6k). These type of tunings touch my HRTF just right and get me a sense of 3D that I wonā€™t get most other ways.

Now, that doesnā€™t mean that other stuff doesnā€™t touch my tralala, like the Monarch Mk2, the RSV, the Vulkan, the Oracle2, the Tea OG, the Mangird Top, the Olina, etc etc. Itā€™s just for different reasons, and I might prefer some of these over some of the ones above.

10 Likes

I didnā€™t get any offer for those so no, I wonā€™t most likely review them. Sorry

Persephone and TOOL are fantastic choices if youā€™re new to prog metal :+1:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good list. Itā€™s like a prog-metal/tech-metal starter pack lol! :joy: Animals As Leaders is exactly the first band that came to mind when he mentioned bands like Polyphia and Iā€™m a huge fan. :metal:

P.S. Andrew Baird, the drummer for Fallujah, isnā€™t just a sick drummer, heā€™s also a really nice/cool guy. Just FYI.

2 Likes

Yes. Iā€™ve only mentioned a few entry-level groups. Otherwise, I have been listening to progressive metal for many years, but I listen more to progressive death metal, not so much prog metal.:wink:

1 Like

Happy New Year! 2023

14 Likes

Happy New Year, my robot brother!! Love and peace to you and yours :pray::white_heart:

2 Likes

QKZ x HBB Khan is officially released. Those who got early birds can now check out as well.

I should get my sample this week :dancer:

8 Likes

Btw hereā€™s a discount code that worked for the KHAN. Not sure if it still works, but worth a try:
Picture from @ToneDeafMonk

2 Likes

Hey thanks @VIVIDICI_111 and @ToneDeafMonk could not find that code

5 Likes

I think it has to correspond to the same email as order for the reservation.

3 Likes

(Late) Christmasā€™ gifts opening - Pt. 1

So, this year I went all out and gave away insane amounts of gear to people across the planet. Between all this mess and not being at home, I completly neglected my own gifts.

This first package was sent to me by my good friend @igor0203 who decided to fulfil one of my old single DD loves: the JVC x Drop FDX1.

At this point this is more of a collectors item, but nonetheless useful for future A/Bs, so Iā€™m very grateful for it.

Together with these, there was also a pair of my beloved LBBS (my original pair was gifted away) and a diy earbud by himself.

Nothing like starting the year rebuilding the collection.

16 Likes