Nymzreviews.com official thread

(Late) Christmas’ gifts opening - Pt. 2

You know what? Sometimes a girl needs needs to splurge on herself, and I’m not exception. I used Christmas excuse to buy myself something nice this year, and this next item is one of them.

After hearing it the first time, I was completly blown away - I completly fell in love with its separation, layering and overall tonality. Then cons? Well, there are some: it’s now discountinued, it is expensive and it is an open back headphone.

Aaaaaaaaaand theeeeen… black friday happened and I got to score this pair, brand new, by a bargain on a local store. I present you my favourite pair of headphones, the Focal Clear OG, this time in a sexy silver back.

During the time I had the OG Professional (black and red version) to try, I also got plenty of pads to try them with, thanks to the amazing @Xavilaw. I quickly agreed with him that the Dekoni Audio Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin were the best and I had to get them.

As for a cable? Well, we all know the magic XINHS can do by now, so I asked him for a dual 3.5mm version of my favourite cable with 1.5m lenght and voilá, this is the end result:

28 Likes

That’s some sexy shit right there

2 Likes

Not as much as you, bb

5 Likes

I feel like I just interrupted something…

1 Like

:hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: Might have to report you for posting NSFW content man.

3 Likes

giphy (2)
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

@Nymz, I recommend you try sv023. I think you’d like it better than Edxs.
For me, after a lot of testing, it’s better.

29 Likes

“Is it worth trying out the Mele if I’ve tried the Olina SE and Kai?”/user from the forum/.
Short answer: Yes! :purple_heart:
/as long as you can find it/…
According to an old belief, Mele’s FR is similar to the now forgotten Clairvoyance, but with better timbre and coherence :notes: :smiley:

3 Likes

Probably one of my favorite things in this life is waking up at 5am to get my wife to work, opening HFGF before the sun even rises, seeing not only a beautiful exchange between @nymz and @GooberBM but the new Movie Poster for the upcoming drama ‘Openback Mountain’

2023 is shaping up be a great year!

@blanche :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

This is one of the best memes I’ve seen around here. Touché, have my cookies :cookie:

2 Likes

Man, those are beautiful. Coupled with that XINHS cable … :drooling_face:

Absolutely looking forward to that Nymz style article in the near future :sunglasses:

1 Like

(Late) Christmas’ gifts opening - Pt. 3

For those who don’t know, I used to be a 100% portable guy - in fact, that’s how I joined the IEM rabbit hole. I used to work on an open space and on clients’ workspaces, so I had to always carry my gear with me, which turned out to be pretty useful during commutes.

Now, once I changed jobs and started working from home, there was no more pressure to have everything portable, which lead into me cashing out most of my portable gear and then live the fantastic life of getting cheaper and better sources. This also opened the possibility for overhead headphones.

One of the main “perks” of finding out I was going to be a father was the urge to reflect on my personal collection, and putting everything into perspective. I am now hard pressed to thing about portable gear once again, as being grounded to my desk won’t make any sense in two months.

Given all that, I found myself in search for my favourite kind of portable devices once again: a DAP. Now, everyone that is a DAP lover knows their main problem - if you want to go big, your wallet will go small.

Now, this wouldn’t be a true christmas story without a clutch moment. Thanks to Linsoul, I managed to get something that would be out of my league at that time. They came in clutch weaving a hefty discount, which I intend to retribute as a review in a near feature of this DAP. I literally got the last unit and yes, the green was out of stock, so black will suffice.

I present you, the Shanling M6 Ultra, or, as I like to call it, my portable retirement plan.

Seems “she” already made a partner in crime :wink:

18 Likes

Kids become noisy kids and open backs or earbuds don’t block the sound of their cartoons or screaming. Keep some IEMs you’ll thank me later.

Sweet DAP !

1 Like

Sweet baby Jesus - that’s hawt - HFGF certainly spices up after dark as @GooberBM mentioned :sunglasses:

3 Likes

4 months after getting the Mangird Tea and enjoying its layed back splendor I’ve just got the Tea2 for £180 so will be looking forward to seeing what it brings to the table.

9 Likes

Oh, no need to mention! That’s why im finding a new home for my stuff. I see audio as me time but I love to share with others my passion. Unfortunately, most of my friends aint into it, but I do love for them to come to my house and try my stuff. Usually their love goes torwards my speakers the most.

Since I don’t have many people to share this stuff with, I just throw my gear around the globe. You never know what someone is dealing through at a certain point, but life is for sure easier with a smile on your face and your favourite track playing.

17 Likes

Hope you are enjoy it Andy! I know you are a DD guy, but give them a nice spin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately I dont have your genes for eyebrows and picture taking. In a pararel world, we run a studio together and share some insane b-roll :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes