Nymzreviews.com official thread

I used to think the same way, though the first impression of AüR Audio’s Aurora left me quite disappointed… One would think that it’d prove to be Aure worthy succesor / replacement, but so far it doesn’t seem like it. And it’s becoming pricier, too - somewhere in the $500 ballpark.

People reported that it’s a bit muddy, with somehow recessed vocals. Not a signature I enjoy.

I considered ordering it blindly but now I think I’ll pass and wait for their new TOTL release (sometime in autumn) or Neon Pro revision.

2 Likes

While I can’t argue with a preference, I would take first impressions from the few who have heard the Aurora with a grain of salt, unless you know their preference aligns with your own.

In my humble opinion, it’s a bit unfair to write the company off based off a tuning preference of one model.

Also I didn’t get the feeling AüR was aiming for a sucessor, but rather try different tuning, probably based off feedback. They also no longer have access to the Aure’s dynamic driver

5 Likes

Words of wisdom.

Still, not feeling like making a pre-order before the reviews come out.

1 Like

That’s definitely smart, I’m doing the same.

As a small testament to their integrity, when I spoke to Nicholas a month and a half ago, he told me about the Aurora and the config before it went public. He also advised me to wait and see which I felt would fit me better, rather than say “just get both :man_shrugging:”.

3 Likes

You will my friend. They’ll be on a tour to you in the near future. Probably once the Supernova lands. You’ll just have to decide if you’d rather demo the U4s or Helios SE first.

1 Like

First fucking world problems HAHAHAHA

2 Likes

2% of the owners reporting in:

11 Likes

Packaging is… not as expected :joy:

5 Likes

I already had it spoiled by people in Elise’ discord, so it just look normal to me hahaha. Plus, it’s what’s on the inside that counts!

3 Likes

Me jealous! :slight_smile:

Enjoy and don’t forget to leave some impressions :wink:

2 Likes

I’m going on vacation through Memorial Day (next Monday), so I’m hoping to get some quality time with them and will drop notes as I can.

5 Likes

Im not gonna lie to you and I’ll give it to you to you raw.

The Red, just like the OG, it’s hard to drive. Or at least harder than most. If you ads the 10ohm adapter (that I know you will), it gets even harder (id say around 4-6db harder).

My experience with a (capped) a105 is not the best, so I cant answer that without a grain of salt. Will also depend on your listening levels.

2 Likes

Uncapped mine is @nymz

1 Like

You will be ok, I guess.

I think apple dongle has more power tho, or an aliex cheap one.

1 Like

Eww, no thanks :face_vomiting:
I’m probably upgrading to the A306 and I think it has more juice to put out too :sunglasses:

Oh a105 is 36mw @ 16ohms… yeah… thats tough.

1 Like

Did you mean to say tough or enough?

Tough, sorry

1 Like

Yeah don’t do that again lol just kidding thank you for clarifying :smile:

1 Like

Looks like I should be sitting reasonably pretty with the A306 paired with the Zero Red?