Nymzreviews.com official thread

Can you give Amazon music appa whirl. I find if I open other music apps, when I use the Amazon music from then on the physical play,pause, next track etc don’t work on the app. I have to reinstall the app and not open any other media players e.g. Tidal, youtube, for the physical buttons to work… All other music apps work fine as far as I know. I have a regular non-Saber r5. I emailed Hiby more than once but never got any response. I wonder if I am the only one with this problem. Thanks!

You got it from Stars picker audio by any chance? :wink:

As I said on my disclaimer, I cant install any apps atm :confused: I’m in touch with support and I’m trying to figure out a way.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

Yea.
Maybe I’ll buy again on CNY hopefully for a bit cheaper than that😂.

I see the nx7 is approx 170€. Would you say it is worth it if I already own, let’s say, a qudelix 5K? As you said, the qudelix can be transformed into a glorified BT DAC paired with the nx7. But I wonder if the improved sound would justify the price and added inconvenience. :thinking:

Oh, and thank you very much for your great feedback on all these gear! :pray:

1 Like

Thanks!

Let me get Q5k first, should be here this week (in reality, should have been delivered already).

The main reason is power. But if you aren’t runing anything that needs that much power, Q5k is still the best given it has BT and PEQ, for that price :slight_smile: Topping NX7, XD-05, Gryphon, etc, are made to power anything you can think of but more demanding open backs like HE600SE while being portable. 1.4w is no joke :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Watchu mean?

:woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I knew it haha! Yeah I’m currently looking around for DAPs now. No time to visit their place to demo some units and iems lately.

Red Ape is pretty good as well if you know about them. Their after sales customer services is pretty good like Stars picker audio and I happened to live nearby their shop.

Could you go on with this R5 vs M3x as far as you remember M3x? I have really nice offer on the table for M3x and I think I could get around the power difference (as M3x should in theory have enough b juice for Sundara which is my end goal for headphones) if that is the major difference.

Hiby is almost 150$ more expensive for me ATM and I heard some software + battery life problems are quite common in this DAP, so I am leaning towards Shanling

2 Likes

M3X has better baterry life, a volume knob and slight bigger screen. Hiby is better in anything else…

I love M3X but its SQ and power leaves something to be desired.

2 Likes

Offer is gone luckily for me. I don’t cry, as I really (REALLY) don’t need another DAP.

On top of that I sold my K371 and Meles today. I think I won’t cry for them as well, as they got close to no use and it is clear by now (:black_joker:) that Shuoer S12 would turn out to be THE killer set.
Also it would be interesting to see this collab Seeaudio X Crinacle Project Midnight (it is no yume, but bravery probably though) if it is in nice price range <200$.

In the meantime I felt in love more and more with HE400i set. Omg this planar precise hit is something else for me. Wondering how much of an upgrade would Sundara be…

2 Likes

Man, I‘m really torn on either getting the Hiby R3 Pro or R5 Saber…

1 Like

Between the two, try to find a deal on r5s. Or buy nx7 and stack it :grimacing:

2 Likes

Huuum…

Huuum…

:grimacing:

Making waves where? I’m fascinated by it but can’t find a sentence on it so far. Could be on discord, which I’m not really on?

1 Like

Yes, mainly. It’s a DIY. Im very tempted to find out 🤷

Wow S12 is shipped :star_struck:

8 Likes

Let us know how it sounds, when you get it :love_you_gesture:

1 Like