Nymzreviews.com official thread

Praying that you have a truly remarkable and blissful year ahead! Happy new year to you and your family!

new-year-2022-free-gif

7 Likes

Happy new year bro! Wish you all the best and your family!

4 Likes

I have the Hiby Pro 3 Saber, pretty good if you can get it on sale (bought mine during Amazon Xmas sale for $168).

3 Likes

I also scooped a R3 Pro Sabre during the sale, as a backup if something happens to my R3 Pro. Definitely recommend as a solid player for daily use, both single-ended AND balanced!

3 Likes

Listening to my Sivga Robin on them right now using 2.5.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation!

Went to Linsoul to check it out, ended up not buying it (yet) but got a Shuoer Soloist instead :sweat_smile:

2022 is looking pretty darn crooked on the first day for me lolll

5 Likes

I would have been weak alongside you, but Iā€™ve spent too much at yearā€™s end lol (on top of all the Shuoer goodies, I have a pair of Arya v2 on the way). Looking forward to your impressions, though!

3 Likes

Eventually Iā€™ll have to offload my budget gears after these lolā€¦

But Soloist was on my radar due to its very obscure presence in the community plus its splashy colors. Not to mention a modular cable at that price, YES.

EJ07m has single-handedly turned me into a Shuoer fanboyā€¦ I just need the Soloist and S12 to prove me right :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Do you primarily stream music? And, if so, is it music recorded/produced within the last 10 years or so? 95% of what I listen to on my IBasso dx300 (not cheap) are ripped flac files from my CD collection (some CDā€™s I bought 35 years ago). Lotā€™s of the CDā€™s are Classical AAD recordings, recoreded in the 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s. The flac files really do benefit from a high quality DAC/AMP DAC - using the iBassoā€™s OS (not the app).

I also like to stream EDM/Trance and Video Game OSTā€™s from YouTube Music and Amazon HD. If thatā€™s what I primarily listened to, then the iBasso wouldnā€™t really have been worth the price. Most music in the last 10 or 15 years has been recorded and engineered to sound great on phones - and even better with dongle DACā€™s.

1 Like

Bro. Thank you for being such an asset to the community. Iā€™m sure many would agree with this assessment. :slight_smile: happy new year and to yet another amazing year ahead of you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Happy New year to all of you mids-freaks!!

I just received my 7Hz timelessā€¦ And learned I could have grabbed a used one for 30ā‚¬ lessā€¦

I didnā€™t play with it much yet, but I can tell I retrieve the same planar qualities than on my he400i : fast attack and decay giving an impression of extreme precision and resolution, especially in busy tracks.
The bass is not too much to my taste, but Iā€™ll test with a negative shelf anyway later.

I think Iā€™ll love this set.

4 Likes

Congratz :fire: I love the set!

I never eqā€™d timeless, Iā€™m ok with it stock, but maybe I should give it a try sometime, just to see what heā€™s capable of.

2 Likes

It seems the timeless (and planars in general) take EQ very well.

2 Likes

header

Since today is the 1st of January and 2021 was a year of firsts for me in this hobby, I decided to wrap up the best of 2021 in my opinion, for the first time. I wonā€™t delve into detail about each of the picks since they are spread across all these forums. I tried to shrink the list to a bare minimum. Every category but the ā€œBest IEMs Iā€™ve heard this yearā€ contains only items that were released in 2021. As always, YMMV.

Best_IEM_of_2021

Winner: Shuoer EJ07m

Runner-up: 7Hz Timeless

Best_Budget_IEM_of_2021_2

Winner: Tripowin x HBB - Mele

Runner-up: HZSOUND Heart Mirror

Best_IEM_heard_in_2021

Winner: Shuoer EJ07

Runner-up: Softears RSV

Honorable Mentions: Mangird Tea, Unique Melody Mest Mk2, 64Audio U12T.

Best_Sources_of_2021

Winner: Topping NX7

Runner-up: Xduoo XD-05 Balanced

Best_Earbud_of_2021

Winner: Blurā€™s Earbuds

Runner-up: Kā€™s Earphones Temperament LBBS

Best_TWS_of_2021

Winner: Sony WF-1000XM4

Predicitions_and_hopes

This was my first year inside the rabbit hole - in fact, only half a year by now, - so the ride has been pretty insane.

Given all the 2021 information we have and my personal beliefs, my predictions and hopes for 2022 revolve around driver compositions. Iā€™m expecting to see more multiple DD IEMs on itā€™s pure or hybrid form (paired with BAs and/or ESTs). Iā€™m also expecting planars to be more and more common, as has been proved by 7hz that it can be done, now itā€™s just time for refinement.

Regarding a more macro optic, Iā€™m guessing prices will become more and more competitive. Iā€™m expecting to see cheaper versions with the same or better quality than some current praised ones. Brand colaborations will also be the new normal, as been proved by Crinnacle in the last weeks, driving prices down for good tuning.

A word on TWS as well, since they will most likely be better and better, getting everytime closed to their wired siblings. Iā€™d like to see them thrive more, but at a cheaper price or having better quality.

As to me personally, Iā€™m now on the last sprint of my personal collection. Just a few touches left, like a good single DD, and I might keep delving other holes like headphones or TWS. I will probably getting stuff that pops my attention or I know that might be better to help others with their decisions, but the team is pretty set and, if stuff comes in, other sets have to go out.

As to this thread, I want to see it grow, of course, but not just by my hand. I want this Tea Party to be everyoneā€™s party - Teas or no Teas. Music is about more than gear and opinions and happiness is only real when shared. To a better year and greater moments shared together.

To a better year,

nymz
A member of the Tea Party

24 Likes

Happy new year! Keep up your great work! My 2022 Purchase was a Newbsound 32 Pro with a 4.4mm connection. Am looking foward to getting a TRI TK2 at some point

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised it wasnā€™t Softears RSV for you, any reason why?

3 Likes

RSV wasnt released in 2021. It was disclaimed and thatā€™s why itā€™s below, in another category :stuck_out_tongue: it was disclaimed at the first paragraph :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t? I thought it was since all the reviews I saw seems to have happened thisā€¦ umm, last year lol, makes 100% sense then!

2 Likes

It is not surprising that 07m was most liked by @nymz, it is the closest to Tea, according to reviews! Mine arrives on the 4th if there is no delay. There should have been a ranking for the most comfortable IEMs and etymotics to top the rankings :wink: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ahah, I found that Comply foams (P-series or T-100) greatly improve comfort, but hard to rec fitwise.

1 Like