Nymzreviews.com official thread

Oh so it’s collectors edition :grin: First time I’m hearing this, thanks for educational information :slight_smile:

3 Likes

EE29D44B-E335-4CCB-85A3-4C723E4FA208.jpeg

49772A19-1CD7-419D-8537-02C2DA043DC9.jpeg

I received my S12 yesterday and got some early impressions.

Unboxing experience was nice. The box was way smaller than I expected and felt nice to hold. Everything was packed with care and easy to access. Very nice.

The accessories are nice too. A selection of two sets of silicone tips and a set of foam tips. I used my own tips however (Moondrop Spring Tips M).

The Cable the S12 comes with is one of the nicest stock cables I‘ve come across (only something like ThieAudios EST Cable is even better). Sturdy, has a nice weight to it, no microphonics, flexible and does not really stay in any shape. Looks great as well in my Opinion.

Build quality is excellent. These are smaller than expected and feel really nice in my hands. The machined aluminum shell is lightweight and should be very good for day-to-day use.

Fit was excellent with my ears. Using Moondrop Spring Tips (Size M), these sink into my ears and disappear. I barely notice them while wearing and have yet to come across any discomfort. The Nozzle is very short though, so Tip rolling might be needed for some.

As for drivability , these get plenty of volume and dynamics out of my Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Dongle. I will try them later on my Hidizs S9 Pro and Atom Amp+ as well.

As for sound . Early impressions. Spend yesterday using them as much as I could. Immediately they stand out as being very resolving. Micro- and Macrodetails get presented beautifully. Especially the vibrations of vocals or bass strings shine here. Tonality is either a mild V-shape or energetic neutral reference to my ears. Treble is a bit elevated which makes the set sound more energetic, but can sometimes border on or cross sibilance. Bass has great texture and speed. Both the attack and decay of the sound are very pleasant. Bass is neither „pillowy“ in its attack like on the Timeless but does not hit hard like on a very good dynamic either; it‘s fine for me. Vocals can sometimes sound a bit more in the Back than I would like to, but this is nitpicking on a high level.

Overall I am already happy with my purchase and can only recommend this set if someone is in search of a good planar. For the price the S12 goes for, it‘s a steal in my opinion.

More in-depth sound review and comparisons once I have spent more time with the Set.

Cheers :v:

17 Likes

Congrats on the purchase and I’m happy people liking the rec. I think it’s a no brainer for the price. I love it <3

2 Likes

Looking forward to your comparison between S12 and Midnight.

2 Likes

I hope it does not become fashionable to make IEMs with short nozzles :sweat_smile: . They are not uncomfortable for me because I have short ear canals, but … :face_with_thermometer:
P.S. I really love this sweet subbass, I’m in love with EJ !

I love when my subbass mutters :fire: :metal:

2 Likes

This, so much. I hate short nozzles -. -

3 Likes

It’s been twice. Twice I order teas on drop and then cancel. Buying this is totally unreasonable for me at the moment. Especially after the disappointment the timeless has been for me. I can’t just keep running upwards hoping being happier.

I need to exercise patience, and wait for more reviews on lea/titan S/olina to replace my deceased Aria that were my reference set.

2 Likes

About that: I tried bl-03 again yesterday. The spinfit cp100 that was on it stayed in my ear when I put the set off… It’s not the first time this happens, but each time I have a small panic feeling. So yeah, short and badly designed nozzle are evil.

3 Likes

Me waking up today, reading all threads and PMs:

Have a nice weekend bros. Enjoy what you have and the joy it gives you, hobby related or not.

7 Likes

I feel personally offended in the topic of 07m, they threatened to block me for no reason! Some very good thoughts have been mentioned there, but some people do not understand this. That is why I will write only here, I don’t see any sense in writing in other topics! :relieved:
“In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas” (Latin expression) - in wine is the truth, in water is reason. The meaning is - the drunk says everything (wine reveals the truth), and the sober maintains common sense.
“Truth is born in controversy.” / Socrates /
Some people need to learn some life wisdom before threatening to block on a topic!
Thanks! :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Have you tried putting an O-ring on the nozzle and perhaps use tips like the JVC/Azla/radius?

1 Like

I wanted to try O-Ring but didn’t really find it.
Now that you speak about it, I’ll placed some stickers on the buds to prevent the tip from going backward too much. Now they’re gone, and I have to replace them when I want to reuse it.

I didn’t try any other tip. I could try others since I bought some different brands since. But then I have plenty other iems that better suit my tastes and have proper nozzles :wink:

1 Like

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000147366920.html

A solid tip collection is crucial anyway, if you dont have any of those tips I do recommend that you try them.
And if you really do not want to spend more money, try the flip tip mod.

(try it on stock tips.)

2 Likes

Question for the Tea squad: What’s an endgame upgrade to the Teas for you guys?

My library consists of vocals, modern bands, and alternative. Was deciding between the EJ07M and EJ07M Lava… but now I’m thinking Monarch MK2 and I just don’t know anymore :sweat_smile: I really want the holographic immersion of the EJ series, but I heard Monarch is a clarity beast…

2 Likes

I think it all depends on what part of the teas you want to improve on.

A general upgrade, imo, is EJ07.
The most easy rec upgrade with more bass and treble would be EJ07m.

I’ve never heard any of the TA tribids, so keep that in mind. My eyes were always on Monarch Mk2 but then I saw the fit and… I had to skip it.

Regarding Lava, no one knows yet. Knowing Chris, it will be bassy and warmer than EJ07m OG, but I doubt it will be as warm as something like Xenns UP.

Hot take: If I had to take a guess, EJ07m Kinda Lava will be a more technical TA Clairvoyance, but I might as well be totally wrong. Guess we gotta wait for the first reviews to chime in. I’d like to jump on the bus but money is not growing from trees yet, but I will take it for a spin if I can! I’m a big shuoer fan :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If the Lava does turn out to be a more technical clair then I’d buy it in a heartbeat haha. Only thing that worries me regarding the Lava is the midbass boost that may affect detail.

Ya that fit on the Monarch MK2 scares me as well :grimacing: It looks similar or slightly bigger than the Dusk, which I had to return due to the fit…

Me waiting for reviews:

5 Likes

There is nothing to improve and add to perfection. This perfection is called ЕJ 07m OG. I recommend as a big upgrade over Tea. :tropical_drink:

Yes, that’s the milion dollar question. EJ07m bass curve is amazing to me, as much as i used it mostly to generate my personal target.

A lot of buzz has been made in the last 24h about this topic, and while I don’t agree with most of the stuff posted, I’ll keep my mouth shut. Although, I will say that I wouldnt change anything but (maaaaaybeeee) upper treble for sparkles, on EJ07m.

Kinda Lava should be seen as another totally different IEM and not a remake. They both will fit different preferences and libraries. Just like Monarch and Clair did.

It’s waaaaay bigger. If it was the same as Variations i would have one by now.

4 Likes

You need to get Midnight and tell us what you think. Much more interest in below $300 IEMs.

2 Likes

Sure, but as I said before, I pay for pretty much every set I have or talk about and money doesn’t grow on trees.

I understand the appealing, but I also need to have some personal gain on it. Consider me as a “I do it so you don’t have to” kind of guy, but I also need to save money for iems I want.

I would love to get my hands on midnight tho :drooling_face:

3 Likes