Nymzreviews.com official thread

Nothing will “fix” this, as impedance adapters will still change the sound.

1 Like

That’s a pretty common frequency impedance variation which would have little effect if the impedance was normal between 16ohms and 32ohms. Any decent source has output below 2ohms nowadays.
It’s probably made by design, to increase bass under certain sources. This will feed into the audiophile “scales with power” meme when it’s actually a proven impedance match effect. Also cable lovers will rejoice and feel validated now that rolling can actually make some difference lol

2 Likes

My ears are busted now…

Damn, I’m mad.

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I was about to write something about Softears Volume but I think I better sleep on it.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Be careful on what’s your source for it, if you decide to buy it.

3 Likes

I was answering to some PMs on headfi about bass on Olina, and Michael Bruce asked me to try this (his pic):

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

Use one of the provided extra filters to cover front vent (the one close to the nozzle).

She just keeps on giving. :woman_facepalming:

LOVE IT. REC’D. I’m ordering at least 1 more pair soon lol

9 Likes

I understand that and if it does not work out that it’s very solid I do not hate the B 2

The filter mod is very nice. Everyday the Olina get better and better. I order some foamies (comply T500) but I couldn’t get by with them. They were too long and go uncomfortable. I tried cutting them down and that helped. The bass was definitely improved vs the stock tips (narrow bore tips are close though). I just can’t deal with the length of the whole process to get them in and out though

This is what I did with my Oxygen - so this further shows just how similar the two are. Awesome!

The rounded version (Ts-500) feel better for that. But I know what you mean.

Olina is full of surprises!

2 of my sets got reviewed by @Tonytex_Teixeira on his channel.

Go show him some love, as he had been feeding me some gear for comparisons as well.

My babies :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you big man…it’s been an absolute pleasure listening to these sets…truly TOTL

4 Likes

JVC x Drop FDX1 and GS GT12x in the house, thanks to @igor0203. :heart:

11 Likes

Looks like @igor0203 got the same faceplate on his GT12X that I did on my ST8B! I love that gold-to-black gradient…
I hope you end up liking the GT12X; it’s a monster deal IMO, with the caveat that trebleheads will not be satisfied by it. The BAs covering the lowend are quite capable, so make sure that you have a good seal!

2 Likes

Bro…

… I’m treble senstitive and this horrendous, sorry. There’s no bass that can save no mids + no treble.

5 Likes

In fact, I wouldn’t choose 07 OG for Hardcore, even just on FR, without having them. Do you listen to such music to judge this? Interesting … :neutral_face:

Another unit that appears far-off the target curve the 12X is supposed to have, I can see not recommending what I’m seeing there for sure! I feel like my unit doesn’t sound anything close to that, but I also haven’t had it measured (and probably ought to send mine off to someone to confirm at some point!). It’s not like I wouldn’t have other IEMs to keep me company in the meantime.
If anyone that reviews/does measurements wants to get ahold of my GT12X and ST8B for review/measurements/comparison, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
Edit: [I’m US, but would be willing to ship to EU if necessary].

1 Like

Maybe it’s better for you to specify if you’re US or EU! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nymz duuuude …. You see that live stream? :triumph:

I think a lot of reviewers are lukewarm about KATO only because they don’t use Spring tips with them. I use CP100 on most of my IEMs, but not on KATO. They were designed for each other and are definitely doing some “magic” :wink:

1 Like