Ok who has a pair of the FiiO FH7's

I think the FH7 are your best bet! They’re the complete package without having an obvious weakness in what you’re looking for, overall. I’d pull the plug on them. You lose a little bass from the FH5 but gain in every other area. And the bass on the 7 has less quantity but is definitely apparent and not lacking…

2 Likes

It’s got more refined and detailed bass, and I think they definitely makes up for the slight loss in quantity

1 Like

I have the FH5, FH7, and FA7 and I’ll let you know right now that the FH5 and FA7 are for sale after demoing the FH7 for about 5 hours straight.

The difference between the other two are useless when you throw the FH7 into the mix. Paired with the proper tips and the vocal filter (for me), it is pretty much my endgame IEM at this point.

The whole thing about there being less bass is more dependent on the source and the fit of the FH7. It sounds ridiculous out of my Asgard 3 desktop amp, with just slightly less performance when paired with my FiiO Q5, so YMMV

3 Likes

Thanks for the info guys, guess I’ll wait for a bit longer and just get the FH7 and be done with it.

1 Like

Still playing around with the tips and filters, but really loving the memory foam with red filters so far. These things put out some serious detail in all frequency ranges… nice that you can tame the highs or let them loose. Even ‘tamed’ they are very resolving.

All the thumbs up so far…

2 Likes

At last my FH7’s have been safely delivered and i’ll pick them up tomorrow…feeling excited here but my P1’s are punching their insane detailed acoustic and vocal weight right now with Emerson, Lake and Palmer…bring it on :muscle::+1:

5 Likes

Its always exciting when someone gets new equipment lol. Plz let us now how it goes!

2 Likes

Will do mate :+1: took me a long time to decide on this purchase >1K $/£ or Chi-fi < 1k $/£ so we’ll see I absolutely love my P1’s so game on :headphones::muscle: lol

1 Like

They’re here!!! I’d say give them a few days to get used to the difference from the P1s! Happy Listening!!! Ready to hear your thoughts!!

2 Likes

Two things…these iem’s are on the largish size and come with that hosepipe round the ear formed sheath thing…both of those and i’m like :grimacing:…but once in place they fit perfectly, 2 hours in a absolutely no complaints comfort wise :+1:
A couple of pics…including the filters and how they tweak what the ports finally deliver, the iem’s themselves look way better in the flesh as I wasn’t over enamoured by their look when saw the reviews and pics etc…

What are you thinking sound wise so far?

1 Like

I’m using my Comply tips as they’re my sonic homeboy’s, the bass is DD fast and on point with no bleed into the mids, haven’t had enough time yet to roll through my fav female artists and other genres but a big :heart: 'em so far.

3 Likes

…as BGGAR said… “holy fuck I could listen to these for hours” x2 here :+1:

2 Likes

Mate it’s really hard to criticise these iem’s when it comes to their price point…all the things I thought could be issues for me, fit, multiple tuning stuff really aren’t a problem…Fit your favourite tips run them as they are, plug 'em in to your chosen source and enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just an iem that’s enjoyable to listen to and nice overall. The package as a whole is great for the price :+1:

Are they a bit like a track day motorbike? Or a Cruiser? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

1 Like

The moment I’ve been waiting for! I’m glad you pulled the plug on them. They’re truly a treat. From top to bottom, they’re just awesome! Looks like all of your speculation has been put to rest! Lol

1 Like

Oooo that’s a good question…If I had to answer bike wise then it would be something along the lines of a Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak…awesome :muscle: power delivery, tuneable if needed, good on track and roads, and yes all day and adventure riding :+1:…yeah I like bikes too lol.

PS the Tin P1 would still be my “track day bike” scalpel fast, dialled in handling , no compromise, race face, bring it audio fun tho lol

1 Like

I run mine with 2.5mm Balanced to MMCX HAN Audio Zen 8 cable and love them…have the same cable I use but 2Pin for my Stealthsonics C4’s which being custom need to take a rest from now and then. easily my 2 best IEM sets.

Also have the Blon 3, KXXS, P1, T4, Tapes and TFZ S2 and #3 - FWIW but I only have 2 ears :frowning:

2 Likes

Just been messing with the “high Boost” filter and it doesn’t seem to do much for the highs just totally destroy the quality of the bass response, muffled and distant now almost like it no longer wants to be a part of the original tuning…strange so onto the “Bast Boost” filters :face_with_raised_eyebrow: