Philips Fidelio X3 & SHP9600

Yeah, I can agree on that price. Though I haven’t seen it priced anywhere at that point yet here in the US unfortunately.

Yes, that price is from aliexpress. But i think soon it will be around $100 on US too.

I still want to try the Fidelio X3, but will wait for a sale at around $250 for it.

More than likely, especially if reviewers keep stating it’s not worth it’s current full price tag considering it’s previous model.

it’s quite nice. Surprised me but I definitely wouldn’t recommend anybody that particular headphone less they knew if they had treble sensitivity as it is very bright in sound and to the bass lover it can be quite boring and fatiguing.

All in all I definitely see both headphones dropping hard in price point.

1 Like

Kind of waiting to see if x3hr will come out returning to a warm signature but more refined and tightened up… no offense to Phillips but they aren’t really by any means competing with Beyerdynamic in terms of sound quality with bright headphones and definitely by no means competing in terms of build quality. X3 is a good attempt but it has quite a few drawbacks to it.

Yeah, I don’t know why any serious reviewer would pop something out of the box, put it on and go okay, this is what they sound like. If you don’t want to consider break in as your ears getting used to the sound, you need to just lay em down and hammer them with highly dynamic music for a dozen hours before putting them on.

I would like to think this goes without question with headphones as mental burn in and just regular burn in are a thing. Gotta get used to them. If a reviewer started with oh yeah I started listening to this just this morning and heres my thoughts I would probably just ignore him less he mentioned he will full review it later… as initial impressions are nice from time to time.

Then again, I put my thoughts up above here on both of these and I still have both of these headphones in house. My opinion on them stands and here we are at about… a week and a half I am pretty sure. I retired the X3 couple days ago and it’s going back… 9600 I may buy later if it goes cheaper

Hey man, were you taking a jab at me here? Cause in that comment I said at the time it was just a quick thoughts. I ended up creating a review with the X3 vs the X2HR as well. Not sure if you saw that.

1 Like

Still waiting to hear @ZeosPantera’s review on the shp9600 I wonder if he will do the x3 as well since he gave the x2hr such a good review I know hes busy with moving though. @DMS I don’t think will do X3 if I remember hes not the biggest fan of real bright headphones to begin with but hes supposed to be doing a full impression review on the 9600. Keeping an eye on both as I am curious what they think as well.

I decided I will go ahead and pick back up the shp9600 later once it goes on sale or drops a little. I fully expect christmas to cause it to dip a little. If I have to I will just go order it from aliexpress since it’s apparently only like $100 there. @JJPablo I take it you will probably do the same on the 9600? I haven’t heard anything from modhouse on those adapters unfortunately but then again hell I was reading Grant’s issues with modhouse of late where they literally are just not responding to people at all for months on end

I wanna wait till 9600 go on sale on Amazon before I buy it again. If the x3 goes on sale too I’ll definitely get those to try.

Been a few days since I put my order for the tygr 300 r but no update rn. I tried contacting Beyer but they never respond to me. I assume they’re just backed up with orders or something.

SHP9600 review by Chrono

1 Like

weird, I ordered my tygrs the other day they are set to be in tomorrow. Shipping with them is kind of stupid.

last time I tried to contact beyer they either ignored me or it took 2 and a half weeks to get back to me.

I do like the x3 for sure it just has its qwerks. If it goes further down on price I definitely will think it’s worth while. Agreed though on waiting on the 9600.

Watched that, ouch another reviewer saying you could probably just stick with the 9500’s instead.

First dedicated X3 video review I’ve seen. Also why isn’t the SHP9600 and X3 split into different threads?

Edit: Actually I’m pretty sure this isn’t even an official thread. @M0N ?

1 Like

Nope it’s not, although it’s prob too late to really make it one at this point in terms of separating the x3 from the 9600

rip. Ah well, whatever.

Ah wow, his explaination is practically spot on to what I got with the relatively lacking in bass and borderline sibilance. Normally I don’t listen to him all that much but this is shockingly accurate to what I get when I listen to mine. Good post and good review

Now that he’s heard his fair share of headphones and amps, I find his reviews very informative and digestible. Just as long as you acknowledge his videos are gamer oriented, not audiophile oriented.

1 Like

Interesting to see that and glad hes gotten more into better reviews… after he gushed so hard on the 177x GO and 770s which were a bit… all over the place granted lol I stopped listening but yeah I think I will check his reviews out a bit more… I noticed he has aeons review as well. Guys got some good tastes.

Well, the fact hes gamer oriented is nice too just because your a gamer doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate audiophile grade music and sound.

well theres an interesting comparison

Very interesting, In terms of frequency response, DMS says the X3 is quite similar to the DT880 (with some minor differences). He also seems to like this better than the X2, at least seem a technical standpoint (he didn’t like the X2 at all).

Pretty sure I said this as well when I wrote my little review on the x3 myself, but this is definitely one of the reasons I said I would recommend someone the DT 880 before I would recommend the X3. I got the same result where it’s just borderline sibilant. He got essentially the same results as me. I honestly found more enjoyment in the sound of a dt 880 or harmonicdyne helios(more so the helios cause I like the less thin sounding bass) both are cheaper and I find are just better. X3 I think is rather enjoyable for what it is… but its priced too high right now.