Post your crazy system here

low, mid or high 5 digits? low, mid or high 6 digits?

edit - also, what did you use to make that chart?

Google drawings lol

1 Like

You need to make room for a THX amp. :rofl:

2 Likes

That would be for a future toilet setup

6 Likes

i used google docs drawing tool.

my system barely makes 5 digits )=

1 Like

Everything lives arround my mixer.

Main Rig is hooked up 4 way:

• Onboard (for voice chats)
  • First output of my soundcard (Out 1/2) for general use
  • Second output of my soundcard (Out 3/4) for movie/browser
  • Scarlett 2i4 for music (is hooked up balanced because I ran out of RCA’s, but had two random stereo 1/4 jack cables :neutral_face:)

When I got my secondary or ZombiePC in use for rendering or playing Vista (or before games), I got them hooked in via Mono.

The Mackie Mix12 then distributes to my ART Headamp4, BasX A-100 and my compact system (which used to do duty as desktop speaker driver, which was recently moved to the BasX too, now it is just an alarm clock :smiley: )

Audio-Setup

yay draw.io!

7 Likes

Damn, you guys are fancy with your wire line diagrams and such…I scribble on a piece of paper every time I re-wire, this is my current desktop system (as of 4/14), I need to have a nice switch box made but I’ve been a bit of a tightwad lately, too many expenses hitting all at once :rage:

16 Likes

For laughs, I’ll describe my “setup” at the moment. I don’t have my usual setup due to staying at my parents’ place due to COVID-19.

2018 Macbook --> HE400 / earpods :rofl:

Let me know if the system is too crazy to decipher and I will try to explain.

10 Likes

Hey all, what’s the cleanest way to split a USB signal that you have found. I am using Anker splitters, one is powered and one is not.

Otherwise i will plug and unplug when i want the purest, cleanest output to input and go direct from source to component.

1 Like

I just have mine plugged in all at once and it works well for me

1 Like

Just make sure you don’t pull too much power from the computer.

USB is very resilient against interference. The one thing that fucks up are cobbled together drivers…

1 Like

Or too many drivers lol

The way mine has managed to live is that 3 are on one thunderbolt port and the other 3 are on another thunderbolt port so it seems to work for now lol

2 Likes

So after really thinking out my setup I realized that I could do my dac routing way more efficiently and had the equipment to do it as well. I realized that I had unused studio aes distro gear, and that all my dacs have aes input, so now I am just going to use one usb interface to feed all the gear through aes. No real sonic change from quick listening so I went through with it. During some long ass meetings I rewired and now here is the current setup. I also improved the chart a tad by adding a bit more information this time (also added cables used for those who are interested)

12 Likes

that’s insanity man lol I love it… appreciate the legends and colour :+1: really impressive

3 Likes

I am pretty set with this setup right now lol, mainly because of how long it took to get to this point, and it ain’t having any drastic changes

3 Likes

Oh, you have little Voxativ’s. Those are the wood and paper drivers, right?

2 Likes

Yes, I have the ones with the af-1n drivers, actually fantastic when running them from the ha300 for chill, relax, and more warmer sound, switching to the studio T really kinda actually makes them really neutral but pleasing to the ear, very natural sounding. I typically don’t use the 2 other solid state amps with them. They sit right next to the other pair of speakers

Edit: also nearfield they are on point, great imaging and staging and being single driver no issues with hearing coherency issues between separate drivers

3 Likes

I don’t how to say show much I appreciate this thread. I’m loving the diagrams and seeing what is on M0N’s desk is amazing. And rewiring that in a conference call… I can only imagine that call.

3 Likes

I just had myself muted the whole time and was only listening for my name lol, plenty of time to do other things

Wait… I thought that was the ONLY way to take a conference call.

5 Likes