đŸ”¶ PULA (audio) PA02

My Pula would be perfect enough if it had the airiness that Vari had along with it’s subbass.

Alas I have to continue my search for the one

2 Likes

Pula is really polite, like inoffensive. Not bad, just not exceptional in any way. Just simple and smooth. I dig it for sure, but not my bae.

1 Like

The 1+4+2 is going to do that i think

1 Like

I have CKLVX D41 and I had to increase pinna gain up to 7.5 db to make it sound more engaging. Mine came in stock with only about 6 db pinna.

1 Like

It’s a dull tuning for me. I like a bit more pinna gain personally. But overall I still think it is a recommend because it’s basically the Dusk stock analog.

So similar

1 Like

Yeah my modded D41 looks just like yours stock when it comes to pinna. Mine was all f-up stock. Still has a bit too much bass for me, I have not touched the bass at all.

1 Like

I asked Myer audio for a partial refund, since it had bass channel imbalance and lower pinna than any reviewer’s graphs, but he said we accept returns. Did not want to go through return to china troubles.

do we got a price on the 1+4+2? and does that have ESTs?

I might seriously consider it because it’s the only path I’m trying to walk on in my search for the one lol

I get what you mean, that’s how I felt, If it had sparkle and airiness with good rumble, then I would be more keen to keepin mine

1 Like

I can thank @rattlingblanketwoman for that!

5 Likes

Buddies - Imgflip

You Got It Dude Full House GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

9 Likes

lol friends

Finally , get the SL41and especially the SLT6 from Myer-Audio as well that 6 BA is a banger. The SL41 is a more energetic version of the D41! Two different flavors below $200

The 1+4+2 Tribrid is close I think

2 Likes

My Pula PA02 unit, which I purchased in January 2024, suffered from several quality control (QC) issues and offered sound quality below its price range. After extensive negotiation with the seller, I was able to secure a replacement unit. Two months later, I’m happy to report that the new set is a significant improvement.

The new unit addresses the previous construction problems. The ventilation hole and connectors feel much sturdier. Most importantly, the sound signature is night and day compared to the first unit. The new one delivers a more refined sound. The treble is no longer uncontrolled or harsh, the bass is tighter and more detailed, and the vocals are clearer.

Finally, the sound quality of this replacement unit lives up to the expectations of a $200 set.

6 Likes

I am happy you are happy. :grin:

1 Like

I still miss my old blue shells, got my replacement today, threw around the idea of selling em for a Cadenza 4 but I ended up opening em and giving em a listen.

I forgot how nice the slam on these things are, they’re no UP but they’re pretty frickin nice

might give it to my homie and buy Cadenza 4

edit: it’s an uphill battle rn, I might just trade this back to my sister and just get my UP back

4 Likes

when does that come out?

As soon as rhey add 2-3 db more bass LOL I asked

2 Likes

First time poster here. Got the PA02’s about 3 weeks ago and first impressions were pretty lukewarm. Bass sounded pretty good but super strong and boomy, occasionally bleeding into the mids while the mids were somewhat dull sounding and the highs were very polite on some tracks. Guitar’s had no bite, snares didn’t snap, overall missing energy and definition. Still the stage was very impressive and imaging was okay, same kinda impressions that lexington99 in this thread had. Had to listen on high volume. Tried different size tips (all the stock tips, foams, dunu s&s, tri clarion, simgot tips) didn’t really change much.

Few days ago tried basic blon tips that came with the z300, medium size didn’t seal on the left side but got them to sit very deep. Then tried large in left, medium in right, and it worked. The missing clarity, energy and definition is now there and now i get the praise these get. (And it’s not placebo either, A/B’d with other tips and they just don’t fit deep or well enough).

Coming from the EA500 these are a straight up upgrade, love the tonality, the bass, well defined highs, pinpoint imaging, layering, no shout. These made me listen to heavy metal again, distorted guitars sound awesome, snares are full bodied and snappy, bass kick hits hard and the slam is f**king awesome. The bass can still sound a bit boomy on bass heavy tracks but these are still the best thing I’ve ever heard.

Just goes to show how important the fit of an IEM is, even if you get tight seal it might fit too shallow and the sound gets obscured by windy ear canals or the nozzle isn’t angled right (that’s what i think happened with me and when i take these out the tips are crooked on the nozzle, maybe i should buy spinfits?). And I’m not saying that people who don’t like these didn’t get the fit right, personal taste, hrtf, qc are all factors and I am still a newbie when it comes to IEM’s so I don’t have the experience to compare these to mid and high end IEM’s.

11 Likes

Have a good selection of ear tips are important glad you posted enjoy.

3 Likes