Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

yeah and the gpu doesnt get any better as well

also its criminal to charge 2 grand CAD for a laptop and only give them 8 gigs of ram

3 Likes

And when thinking the space where it’s all “fitted” and designed. It’s is pretty impressive.
Plus all the portability and other laptop benefits. It’s all good.
E: 32Gb RAM if still pointing to the extreme.

Im talking about pricing relative to specs alone also 8 gigs for basic extreme model which to me is still way overpriced for the specs

also if we are talking performance to space Ive seen better on that front

well, what model or models?

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/X1-Extreme-Gen-2/p/22TP2TXX1E2 here are the extremme models I was looking at and critisizing
and in terms of space and performance the intel NUC and GPD WIN max

you can usually get a way better deal buying from a reseller partner than directly.

and if Lenovo has a web special, take a screen shot and share it with your sales rep, they can get their rep to match / beat the price for a comparable unit.

note, the p/n off Lenovo’s site do not match the p/n the resellers have.

Well you can fit a shipping container side that thing.
lol tons of more space in design / space perceptive. fit that in hdmi port height… oh wait. you cant.

my biggest gripe, at least for business notebooks, is most of them use HDMI 1.4 if it’s using an iGPU. dedicated GPU’s have 2.0 or better.

1 Like

The the gpd win max or nuc?

So what’s low spec for a Thinkpad T series?

For example a t470s, 2000$ new, has the most basic ass FHD display ever, worse than the 800$ Pavilion I had ~5 years ago.

Guess I’ll have to see if the T490 is improved, but don’t have my hopes it they’ll compete with an XPS or something.

I foolishly responded to a T-Mobile Tuesday offer for Tidal, and got redirected to what amounts to a T-Mobile/Tidal/Apple subscription that actually costs more than what I would have paid through Tidal alone. I didn’t read the fine print that said it was for new subscribers only, so I’m stuck paying for a one month subscription through Apple that I don’t want. I cancelled it, but they still got my money, the villains.

:rage: FedEx … states item was delivered and left at front door at time stated. Open front door to find no package. I checked my cameras and no truck/package was ever left. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Now getting the run around…

4 Likes

So Google officially killed off the ability easily enable the old YouTube layout. I truly hate how Google puts aesthetics and touchscreen support above usability for many of their desktop layouts. The current layout is designed like it’s intended for touch screens with it’s stupidly large spacing. Most people who are using the desktop version of the site aren’t on a touch screen. It would be fine if we had some options to customize the layout. But of course Google doesn’t give that kind of control in any of its software.

If want to “manage” my 260 subscriptions, this is the page I have to deal with… Why the fuck are the listings obnoxiously big? How did anyone sign off on this? … … … … (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The previous version of this page had much more compact listings.

Join the fight on the YouTube subreddit if anyone else cares about this drama lol. Meanwhile I’m going to try tricking YouTube into thinking I’m using some really outdated browser because apparently that’s a work around.

3 Likes

I imagine someone will make a chrome extension if there isn’t one already, but yeah that’s annoying for sure.

I’m annoyed at YT for not remembering my watched videos, keeps recommending the same ones. Need an option to “mark as played”.

Yeah… ehm…

Youtube layout sucks a large one.

Edit: Apparantly Vivaldi captured ALL the page :smiley:

Who else hates push notifications? You know, the notifications that pop up at the top of your screen NO MATTER WHAT! Thankfully the only app I use that has these is youtube but my god is it bad some times. I’ll be watching a YOUTUBE video and YOUTUBE notification will start interrupting the video for like a minute strait. On my pixel I’m able to make notifications silent which prevents the interruptions, but it also stop the vibration, so I miss a lot of notifications. But recently I got an LG V30 think and it does not have the option for silent notifications. It’s just a lose lose.

I had the beginnings of my semi-annual cluster headache…but it went back to sleep I don’t have it today. I usually get one in May and it lasts for 5 days. I’m relieved…but also wary…dunno what the heck is going on as it’s not behaving as it has for the last 15+ years.

1 Like

There are extensions that add or remove elements. But there’s never been anything that can change spacing or size. I’m guessing there’s technical reasons preventing people from making an extension since the new UI has been imminent for like 3 years and there hasn’t been anything

If your signed in, it should remember them for a while. But I found that it will eventually forget them after a long enough period. I hardly use the recommendations anymore just because of that.