Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

Can I just bitch a bit about losing a day off work, cause some asshole wanted to walk into work and quit on the spot and fuck with paperwork on the way out, make me work 8 hours of overtime… Then I get to be yelled at by the owner about how we are behind on shit, only to then find out I will be working 9 days straight before I get my next day off…

7 Likes

I went back to browse Deviant Art for this time in a while and remembered why I had stopped. They forced everyone onto the new website design. The old Deviant Art wasn’t that great. But somehow they made it worse. It very inefficient with screen real estate. Loading pages is often slower. And it takes more clicks to accomplish the same tasks because apparently they don’t like having controls visible all the time. Interestingly, these are basically the same complaints I have with Youtube’s new design. Is this the world we live now? Are all the desktop versions of websites now doomed to have crappy phone UIs from now on?

4 Likes

I cry in ISO 9241 every time I try to get stuff done on some website.

I would laugh if I wasn’t crying:

4 Likes

Music major, formerly in composition, and I still do engraving for some extra cash, and I have a very special place in my heart for that video. I like Sibelius now because I’ve spent three years learning all its shortcuts and everything in and out. But jeez, what a task it has been.

1 Like

got my MX518 today. noticed the bottom sticker was tampered with…broke the seal, pulled the mouse out, plugged it in, scroll wheel is defective. checking the S/N and seeing they don’t match confirmed I got something bunk.

fortunately Amazon is cross shipping a new one and gives me 30 days to return the defective unit.

2 Likes

THIS FUCKING SHIT RIGHT HERE:
Oh, where’s the final destination? Canyon Lake, Texas, just outside of San Antonio, ~8-10 hours from Dallas dependent on traffic… So what do they do when it arrives to the destination city? SEND IT IN ANOTHER FUCKING DIRECTION!!!

1 Like

Does having 4 hifiman headphones break in a short period of time count as a grievance? SO, I bought the 400i first and it was my second planar. It broke within about a week and a half with the driver going completely out in the right side. I contacted the guy I had bought it from and ended up having to take it as a loss as he wasn’t willing to do a return said to contact hifiman. Product was outside of warranties and they would charge me for a repair. Neat. moving on

SO then I bought my first sundara. This lasted about… 2 and a half weeks and the cable started to gain some hissing sounds like the connector was loose or something eventually it just kept hissing and distorting sent it back got my money back

Insert second sundara this lasted me the longest time. This one practically just crumbed in the drivers… I mean completely DEAD and was directly from hifiman not like amazon or anything.

Finally my anandas… oh man did this one piss me off… Originally I wasn’t the biggest fan of the headphone(the edition xx I had tried I liked the sound more) but I thought something was a little off in the right ear cup thought okay maybe its just my unit or something I moved the wire connection and the weird issue went away. Insert 3 days later now everything sounds off and it sounds like the driver pretty much is blown as the right ear cup is now buzzing and the left sounds muffled. It practically tore itself apart. Contacted hifiman demanding a refund explaining this telling them I am completely f ing fed up with their quality control and this is the 4th time I want a refund and this will be the last time I ever buy another hifiman product. They offered to repair it of course but at that point I was so damn fed up I had enough. The Sundaras and Anandas sound gorgeous I love their sound but I can’t be bothered to have to worry every single day I own them well… what if it breaks tomorrow or breaks right after my warranty is up well there goes my money.

HarmonicDyne Helios: No longer in my collection. Box came damaged, screw in left ear cup was obviously installed crooked, bad weight distribution, cables were already fraying, padding on top of headband was literally peeling off and I had to repair it. Contacted the guy and had it returned.

I guess it helps to add that my last like 6 packages have gotten lost in the mail some new guy delivering mail out here… constant run around and excuses. Thankfully I know the people around here and was able to track down and obtain them

My last gaming desktop finally kicked the bucket too. Upon inspection I realized the power supply cables looked burnt and caused damage to the motherboard. Thankfully it didn’t catch on fire or cause sparks or anything… its the old gamer pc rig so its not that big of a deal… but kinda of sucks lol

1 Like

Would imagine you will venture more in to Chi-fi?
It just ain’t worth it, to worry when they break. Not if but when.

Yep experiences like yours is why hifiman still has a. It to go proving themselves to a lot of people to make reliable products. It seems like they are starting from the ground up on Improving their products from the he 400i’s new headband and yoke design. Until they make all around reliable gear we just have to rely on their RMA process

aww yeah sign me up for that chi-fi! Love it! lol

1 Like

Well basically here it is, other countries like Singapore and Malaysia are having no more issues that are dire in terms on how they handled the pandemic. But, here we are in my country still have growing cases to this fucking day! due to the incompetence of our so called government like for fuck’s sake you guys spearheaded a fucking broadcasting network and signed a law that pretty much is bullshit when “not arresting people protesting” about your ass. Yeah they did that, prioritized the minuscule shit instead of finding a fucking cure for this goddamn virus! Nowadays, I don’t believe everything in the news anymore, always the same shit this and that about something that is not true that even though deep inside of their pissant existence of a mind, know it is true. I am sorry for this long rant for I am so fucking tired of the incompetence and the bullshit of our so called “civil servants” here more like goddamn “civil robbers” for all I know.

So here’s a grievance. I can’t get over this…still salty AF.

I’d been stockpiling Tesla stock since it was $179 per share. This is back in the years when everyone was sure they’d go bankrupt. I literally spent ~3 hours a day researching everything related to Tesla. Was researching mining companies they buy lithium from for their batteries. Was watching live feeds from drones and counting how many cars get delivered to showrooms and how many are sold each day. And on and on. Years of work.

I set a sell order for what I call the “nuclear safety”. This is in case Elon dies in a plane crash or something. Well, covid happened and my nuclear safety kicked in and sold my shares at $520. I missed the bottom of the stock crash and never bought back in. The stock is now $1400/share. That was my retirement fund. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. I had bet everything on the company (every penny I had to my name). Did years of work to know that I’m making the right bet. Covid and the following stock market buying insanity screwed me so bad :sob: :sob: :sob:

It’s back to buying lottery tickets…

Is anyone sick of seeing Raycon ads on Youtube? I sure am. I bet half the people advertising them don’t even use them.

I just looked at this review and apparently they aren’t total garbage. But just overly bass heavy. So regardless they aren’t a good buy for many people

2 Likes

My power’s been out 2 hours

1 Like

holy shiit! I got my replacement mouse. box wasn’t tampered with but the scroll wheel has the exact same issue as the first and when I checked the s/n…they didn’t match EITHER!

fake Logitech MX518 mice? sheesh!

Trying to find out what sample rate to set my DAC in windows settings is a pain in the ass. Looking online for advice is some of the most convoluted bullshit I’ve ever read. Some say to put it at 44.1 Hz cuz that’s all you need, others say have it at 48 because movies and games are 48 Hz, you can set it at the highest setting the DAC allows you, setting it at the highest setting makes the music sound bad, having it at 44 or 48 down samples your music, set your sample rates in increments of 44.1, set it in increments of 48, etc etc. Make up your mind so I can make mine! The audiophile community is a fucking mess!

1 Like

Forum threads where someone has a question, then a reply of the OP saying “I got it” without providing the solution should be deleted.
Every damn time I have a problem and am looking for solutions I stumble onto these! If I had a penny for every “I got it”-response, I could buy the internet and shut it down!

3 Likes

If you don’t need any other audio while you listen to music (like playing a game with your music in the background) and use foibar2000 then I would recomend WASAPI.
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi
It changes the bit rate and sample rate to match the song being played. Just set your computer to 24bit 48kHz and let WASAPI do the rest for your music. Also if you really need to have other audio along side the music you can just switch back to the normal output in foobar’s setting.

2 Likes

Pop-up login windows that have your username stored and the cursor blinking in the password box but when you go to type NOTHING HAPPENS. You gotta click on the damn window first! Why is there a blinking cursor right there ready to go and I can’t type anything!?!?!?

2 Likes

Made the mistake of choosing WASAPI (Event) instead of (Push) and oh boy