Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

Tames a bit of the resonance ring they have, but the thing that helped me most with that was putting 1.6mm felt behind the pad adapter to hold it in place and with both done it’s significantly more controlled. I tried 2mm as well and it wasn’t bad and smoothed things out quite nicely but I ended up keeping the 1.6mm in. I was in the same boat where I couldn’t quite handle the sibilance (and I never thought I was treble sensitive before) and now they’re in a pretty solid place, IMO.

1 Like

I got lucky, the 1990 was the upgrade to 880s in my case.

1 Like

I was hoping the t1.2 would be the upgrade but its different. Still great but not it. Need to try the 1990s

Why sundays are so depressing? Probably it’s because it is monday again, and I don’t like mondays.

And yes I made two song references from The Strokes and from The Boomtown Rats, to express my grievance this week.

1 Like

I saw an ad for credit card startup, cred.ai. It’s targeted towards people with bad or no credit, and there’s no reason to bother if you qualify for other normal rewards cards.
But their About Us page was so batshit I had to share it somewhere

THIS IS A CREDIT COMPANY. :rofl:

3 Likes

It starts off correct and then slowly gets more and more insane. Also if your life is so precious why wast it on what is probably a very high interest rate (assuming if they are targeting bad/no credit customers).

Also their legal page is an interesting read especially after their claims on the main page

I couldn’t figure it out from the their site, but this from a thirdparty review. Yeah so no fees, but no actual money borrowing either

This card is truly a unicorn in the sense that it works like a debit card — i.e. you can spend only what you have — and it works like a credit card with its own algorithm that focuses on credit utilization instead of only on timely payments. According to cred.ai’s team, this can help cardholders build credit faster than using traditional credit cards. Other features include virtual cards you can more safely use at shady websites and vendors, a cool-looking metal card, and no annual fee or any other fees and interest.

Bottom of the page/ legal and FAQ and the first 3 parts have a lot of interesting info… yea it is not quite what they are advertising it as. Scummy but maybe not quite at the level of a scam… it is really disingenuous at best though.

Also a security backed credit card is not a magic unicorn of a financial product. Any bank can probably issue one.

1 Like

Need to look more on this company you guys are talking about, but here in Brazil a company called Nubank begun just like that and has changed the landscape. I use it and am very happy with it’s service, and made me shy away from traditional banks.

An obvious scam for sure, but it’s kind of sad that there are people out there who still fall into this, the type of people who would fall to that scam would be like my grandma, because a so-called from her bank called her, even though banks in general wouldn’t do that.

Glad I was there when that happened, and immediately told her to block that contact asap. Because scamming elderly people is one of the lowest of low that you can do as a sorry excuse of a human being.

Posting a bit of angst but in no way directing it towards the product or Linsoul – the tracking for my sister’s Mele did show as delivered no signature on Monday – even with actual Royal Mail’s local tracking for the end of the journey.
To a house with no neighbors, while they were at home. All outdoor locations checked for the package.

Currently RM are not taking “it wasn’t delivered” as an answer if their system says otherwise. I’m putting my sister through a lot of phone calls and concern over what was meant to be a simple gift. Linsoul (absolutely rightly) are deflecting me to RM rather than themselves for resolution. I spent my whole life until 2013 in the UK, and never expected this of RM.

Even with USPS, I’ve been able to get them to talk to the actual person who marked it as delivered to see what they could remember of the event, when there was a dispute one time.

I cant listen to youtube/online audio review influencers anymore when i hear or read, not comparing dacs because i cant hear a difference.

Did they ever try comparing dacs to even try to hear a difference? How many dacs do they even have experience with? Do they even listen or live with the gear they use? Do they even listen to music?! If they cant hear a difference, why even review if you cant hear what one piece of gear can do compared to another?!

I just cant anymore especially with the echo chambers that are formed around these reviews and reviewers. Reminds me too much of headfi.

1 Like

Well I just got my results back and they are positive, anybody gone through this and have any advice? Smell is completely gone, slight headache but overall don’t feel terrible

Age? Additional risk factors? Vaccinated breakthrough case?

Need more details to even speculate…

2 Likes

Age 41 no other issues, vaccinated one shot, feel fine

1 Like

Assuming nothing else goes haywire, keep an eye on your Oxygen level. The first shot is supposed to have a greater positive effect than the second so you might already be at the worst you’ll experience. My wife got it in October last year (42 at that time) before either of us had gotten any shots. She went to the doctor for non-covid symptoms and tested positive while she was there. She ended up losing smell and taste and had no other ill-effects (while she claims it has since come back I tell her she’s never had a sense of taste since she married me… :stuck_out_tongue: ).

3 Likes

Hahah good to know, and I meant I got the one shot vaccine, not the two shot but this gives me hope thank you

Ah, even better!

1 Like

About 95% sure I had it before we had tests for it, or even before we were told it was over here in the states. A bunch of us at work all came down with the same thing within a month of each other, all of us were told it was the flu, but all of us agreed that it was the strangest flu any of us had ever had. And when we started hearing about Covid and its symptoms, we all said that that sounds an awful lot like what we had.

Anyway, I ran a fever, under 101 for several days. I can’t remember how many. Had a persistent cough that just didn’t want to go away. That lasted for well over a month. Food didn’t taste right for a few days. Felt like absolute crap after the first 2-3 days for, I think it was 3 or 4 days, and then I started slowly feeling better. Never got any nausea, and was never short of breath. As long as you are reasonably young and don’t have any serious underlying conditions, you’re likely going to be just fine. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks man keeping me positive

1 Like