Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

I went through it in December (age 48 no comorbidities). My symptoms were mild: fatigue, aches and chills. It lasted about 5 days. I never lost my sense of taste or smell. I had no fever, no cough, no trouble breathing. I found that a small amount of ibuprofen helped with the chills and aches. I never felt bad enough to seek medical attention or take any sick time (I work from home).

I monitored how I felt very closely. I was ready to call for help if I had trouble breathing or came down with a high fever. The only thing that occasionally worried me was all the horror stories but I kept in mind that the vast majority of people recover from this just fine. I wasn’t in any high risk group (over 80, obese, etc.) so the odds were in my favor.

I was back at the gym a few weeks later and hitting PRs within a month. No lasting effects other than the fact I have tested positive for antibodies 4 times since.

1 Like

Thank you for your experience. I’m just going to take it day by day and down Vitamin D and C Along with my other regimen. Im glad you got through it.

1 Like

Think had it early headache no taste/ smell. So if this was the zombie apocalypse i wouldve been out the first 30min of the pilot ep. Still messes with me seeing that i was a germaphobe before covid.

Shipping BS…
So I’ve been waiting on this fucking thing longer then I was for the Timeless, and both shipped from China… And the Timeless was delivered Wednesday. Suddenly these are transfered to USPS here locally for final delivery… only to be sent back up to the distribution center up in fucking Austin?!? WTF?!? Not even to the one in San Antonio, which is closer, the one in Austin. And why the fuck did it take almost a fucking week to drop it at the facility here, but 1.25hours to go back to fucking Austin?!?

This is BULLSHIT!!!

Got my 2nd dose of AstraZeneca today but yesterday was quite of a bad wrap happened to me. Had a nightmare, barely got any sleep for I was only able to sleep for 3 hours. Also after my 2nd dosage, feeling a bit weird but alas I still find it hard to sleep again.

1 Like

Just got my first dose this evening, my upper hand got swollen so I have to put ice on it :cold_face:

Lucky for me I’m an easy sleeper.

1 Like

Sleeping to me is like this, when I need sleep I can’t sleep. But when I don’t need sleep, I begin to sleep.

Sometimes the brain is not really willing to cooperate on what you are in need of.

1 Like

Fking Christ i hate Fedex!!
Yesterday there was a notification that i can make the custom payments on my package.
Nice handy dandy. Done. Payed shipment 100%.

Today… i checked the status.
There was:
package 1 = clear
package 2 = not clear

So fuck you!! Again!!
So only ONE package was visible yesterday. Only one txt-message was sent.
Today Two are visible. NO txt-on second package.
Ok so i fked up also. I assumed there was one shipment with 2 packages… it was 2 shipments with 2 packages total. SO
I cannot make custom payment on package 2… it’s not visible on customs page.
SO now Fedex has to do something… so it’s visible and payable in customs.
So now i have to pay the package 2 customs again… if and when it’s possible… and after that they release it. It’s in fedex facility… They could just make 1 change to release the package 2.
NO no no no!!
After i pay the package 2 it’s released.

Then i can make payment recovery notification to customs since i payed too much overall.
Why the f-k! This is so hard… F You Fedex you Fucks! I hate you!

2 Likes

After getting my 2nd dose yesterday, last night was like a freaking blizzard to me it’s like I feel the cold even more than the usual just right cold temperature, since I live in a place where winter does not exist.

No swollen parts of the body, but I felt that my body got heavier in feeling after the dosage.

2 Likes

I didn’t have problems sleeping yesterday, apart from slight painful and swollen arm of course. Cold and weak is common symptoms after the dose, but I didn’t even get a cold, even though I have had medical allergy cases before. :grin:

I just want to get my 2nd dose quick so I can have my driving pass, Covid is pretty rough right now at my place so the gorv is very strict on transporting. Good luck and stay safe out there :call_me_hand:

1 Like

It’s almost impossible to find or get a phone number… actually reach a person in Fedex.
Finally… I got to local Fedex customs department. Woman told that i need to fill this custom form.
To release the package number 2. So i did… She send the information to fill it. I filled all the information and send Fexed the custom form. Both packages. They should be cleared now.

So it’s been like 6h soon…
Nothing. Status “waiting for customs” W T Actual F !
I call them again, picked a actual number from email. Different person answered.
“yes, sorry. Fault is ours. You actually cannot fill the custom form or release it since delivery is messed in our system”.
NO shit!! Really… ok so now what! They will try to figure it out…
Fucking fantastic…

Double checked. I had 1 Delivery with 2 packages…That means ONLY ONE payment and ONE custom form to begin with… not 2 delivery and 2 packages!

And i cannot do actually anything about this but yell !
F-up is in their system. Courier talks to Custom systems, they are the official here. Custom officer said “you need to talk to Courier”… oh fuck me!!
I cannot actually tell or order anyone to fix this shit!! I want my fucking package delivered!!!

That’s is what i have payed. Deliver Goods to me and not to deal with system not working bureaucracy shit!
I know where the package is… they know also. But the a-hole delivery truck people just cannot pick it up and deliver cause of the…

…I need a drink before my brain melt’s even more…
Hopefully this shit is cleared tomorrow… or i will have to yell more!

2 Likes

Look on the bright side. Fedex is raising prices.

LoL
Im not very positive it will make a change to fix issues… like c’mon.
How one person (ME) can have all the issues with Fedex deliverys?
4/5 delivers have had different issues… Only one was flawless, did not have any.

The latest packages cost me 300$ in shipping cost’s and what i get? Shit !
I might just have to pay even more to void Fexed… It’s so bad it’s not even funny anymore.

1 Like

This day, I don’t know how to describe it. It’s like every little thing even though it’s not much of a big deal is making me irritated like “Can you not? can you just leave me alone right now?”

It seems that I am irritable, even with the slight requests from my family relatives like doing errands for them or whatever. Hell I cannot even bother taking a bath earlier but I forced myself to, since I don’t want to smell like shit for work.

This is probably a burnout phase, irritable or just possibly a side effect from the vaccine, I don’t know. Hope things at least get a bit better for mostly everyone.

3 Likes

I’m right there with you. I’m just trying to get through this week so I can take off and go for a long ride on Saturday to try and clear my head. I’ve had to just tune out the so-called news, man. I’m so tired of seeing these shitbags look right into the camera and lie, embellish and fabricate ridiculous narratives. It’s not even journalism anymore, it’s just state run propaganda and it is disgusting to me. Every time I see that worthless vegetable Biden on TV I want to put my boot through it. So I know what you are feeling. Except for the jab. Uh-uh. Not putting that experimental gene therapy shit in my body. And to be clear, I am NOT an anti-vaccine person. But this shit is NOT a vaccine. Not even close. Everybody I know lately that has rolled over and gotten jabbed has suffered. They are still not right weeks later. My Nephew ended up in the ER with heart problems after his first jab. He aint going back. A friend lost her Uncle to it, and he was fully jabbed. The jabbed ones are becoming the super spreaders. And yet they continue to push their false narrative and try to force the jab on people. It should be a choice. If people want the jab, they should do it. And if you don’t you should be able to do that too.

How did we allow these idiots to screw things up so badly? It’s deeply troubling. But a good ride always helps deal with the daily lunacy that has become our present. Gotta have some ME time. Sounds like you do too.

4 Likes

TFW you’re so deluded you think everyone else is lying to you and that a safe vaccine isn’t safe. (Almost all the people dying of COVID now are unvaccinated, not people who took the supposedly unsafe vaccine.)

1 Like

That is your opinion. You are entitled to it. I’ll not trash you over it. I have eyes. I see what is going on. That is all. Take care.

1 Like

OK guy’s we’ve had one Covid thread pulled we don’t want to go down that route again…so gentlemen please keep it to PM’s

Thank you

:beers:

3 Likes

Hey, that was my rant. It says share your grievances. And I did. Are we regulating rants, now? I can’t help it if someone wants to attack me just because he disagrees. You’ll notice I did not return fire. Because he is entitled to his opinion. I’m an adult. I can take it.

But OK, I get it. I’m done. Won’t happen again.

3 Likes

Some topics are polarizing and will invite rebuttal.

This is a “Rant” thread and that’s ok to rant, but do be cognizant of the rant subject matter. The rules of not discussing religion, politics and other controversial matter that are exercised at the work place are good guidelines for consideration here as well.

Thanks!!

3 Likes