Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

I’m with you on this one. Very good point. People can post their own rants, no need to attack you for yours. Smh.

Can we keep religious topics out of my hobby?

To expand on this:

CIVILISED DISCUSSION!

How is that a forgotten art?
How have Your Logical Fallacy Is and Your Bias Is turned into checklists for people to tick off like video game achievements?
Reading anything online, it is cherry picking, ad hominem, burden of proof, strawman galore!

WTF people?

And then comes the “but scientists disagree”-thing.
Guess what! The whole idea of science is to find the theory to explain ALL observed phenomena at the SAME time! Not have one theory per phenomenon.

The grand experiment.

How about if someone has a rant that deals with religion, you don’t read it? Or should we rename this thread, “Rant thread, but don’t post shit until your rant topic is approved, doesn’t offend anyone else, doesn’t hurt anyone else’s feelings, doesn’t contradict anyone else’s viewpoint, and doesn’t go against the majority/mainstream ideology, etc.”

Or how about we let people rant any way they please and if someone doesn’t like their spin, they can not read it or fuck off?

Not saying consider your own advice, but…

What is my own advice? I’m not the one calling for censorship in a rant thread. Or maybe I misinterpreted your post. Is your rant that you don’t like people bringing up religious topics? Because if that was your rant, and not a call for censoring topics, then I apologize.

That’s not how the rules work. It’s a hobby forum, and there’s a reason politics/religion are discoruaged as topics. Because it always leads to crap like this.

Now shut up before we lose a nice thread where people come to vent while still following the rules of a community.

2 Likes

Uncalled for, Seriously

4 Likes

@John_William …He’s not hiding anything I am…If you can’t post respectfully then don’t post at all.

3 Likes

Is it respectful to tell someone to shut up?

No but calling them a “little bitch” is so hopefully we can all settle down now?

1 Like

I don’t disagree. He triggered me. But you didn’t hide his post? And what about context? Did no one see my apology to the guy I was talking to earlier? Because George told me to shut up long after my apology….

Stop playing the victim and wasting the time of volunteer mods.
You were already told by a mod that it’s against the rules and you keep pushing.

Be an adult, please.

1 Like

Sorry you’ve lost me now as I didn’t see anything offensive, religious or political in his post :man_shrugging:t2:

Hey George, don’t talk to me like you’re my dad or something. Face to face, I promise you wouldn’t get away with that keyboard warrior crap.

You just said it’s not respectful to tell someone to shut up. Well he told me to shut up. Does that help?

Gentlemen, All - Stand Down and let it go

1 Like

And now you see why political and religious subjects are not encouraged here on HFGF lol

1 Like

I agree, they’re always hot topics, but this spiral had nothing to do with religion or politics. This was about me misunderstanding someone who I thought was screaming for censorship. And then when I realized my mistake, I apologized. Then George jumps all over me and tells me to shut up. I’m a grown ass man. No man will speak to me that way in person without repercussion.