Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

That’s how I am with my car too - I have a VW Passat Wagon from 2010 with nearly 120k miles on it, and it’s still going strong.

Very cool thing to have I realized, as VW Wagons are rare now, and even more so in the Komfort model.

Had a few cases of people coming up and asking what it is because most VW Wagons are not as long.

Ouch. Was it this one by any chance?

Sorry about the lowside. That sucks. Hope they can get her fixed up for ya.

2 Likes

No it was an 07 vfr800. Yeah shit happens but it still sucks.

4 Likes

Oh OK. LOVE the VFR. One of Honda’s best, if you ask me. Well, apart from the RCV, of course, but us civilians don’t get to ride those! Again, I hope they can get her fixed up for ya.

2 Likes

I’m just waiting on a call from the dealer. I’m a sucker for hondas. Started on an 83 nighthawk 650 before moving on to my vfr. Late last year i bought an 82 cbx 1000 for a steal. I’ve been slowly working the cbx back to life with the biggest hurdle being the carbs having to be completely rebuilt.

2 Likes

Ah, carbs… LOL! Fortunately for me all my bikes are fuel injected. I actually started on a Spyder. Went right to the GSX-1250FA from there! What a beast that thing was/is. Oh man, I better leave it right there. I could talk bikes all night! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah. Carbs. Yay. lol is doesn’t help there are 6 of them and they are some of the most complicated factory carbs ever fitted on a bike as far as I know. There’s 3 separate circuits within the carbs, one for fuel, a vacuum circuit for the accelerator pump, and an air circuit for the cutoff valve.

That’s a beautiful bike.

I don’t need any more expensive, life-threatening hobbies (I have one in boxing/kickboxing, and that’s enough).but I would love to learn how to ride a bike one day.

I had one of the Pre V-tec Fi models…that V4 sounds oh so sweet, really hope you manage to get yours fixed ok, maybe find a good local plastics repair shop good ones can do amazing work rebuilding hard to source fairings etc…

She got me and my ex from the UK to the south of France (with luggage) and back with ease…

2 Likes

Man I’m sorry to hear that, glad you’re ok though.

Yep, me too. Was interested in finding out if there are other bikers on here :+1: (Bike Appreciation Thread? :grin:)

2 Likes

Yes, a bike appreciation thread would be awesome! Every kind of bike… Sport bikes, touring bikes, street fighters, push bikes, even - gulp - electric bikes! - all would be welcome!

Can we do that?

In the mean time, here is my FA while on the road during a trip a few years ago

It’s a 2011 and has nearly 80,000 miles on now. But she is still a beast!

2 Likes

Yeah defo go for it start one :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, Sir. DONE!

2 Likes

Been sitting on tickets to see Mdou Moctar for almost 12 months. Get the below email 3 hours before the show…

Guy tells me he is interested in the item. 
I said "Yes?" 
The item is posted and clearly marked as available
Guy asks a dumb question wondering if it's available
I was so done at this point and just said "It's posted, what do you think?" 
He told me, "Maybe you should sell your attitude as well."

Maybe you should sell your brain as well, for I clearly stated ALL of the goddamned details on the item that I am currently selling. It’s all transparent, all clear and I made it known overall that I will not entertain dumb questions such as answering a question that is already fucking obvious in the first place.

Sure I could have done the transaction better but this damn bad mood of me got to me, and I am just sick of stupid shit lately.

2 Likes

Personally i can handle those kind of people, i hate the disrespectful hagglers. IE “Your price is too high my cousin sold his for 50% that and he was lucky” .And the there are people who are even worse, those who keep coming back even if you tell them no…

I dont mind negotiating the price in most cases but there is a common courtesy on how to do it.

2 Likes

THIS! This is exactly one of the issues I have been facing lately, for the item I have bought back then that I wanted to sell right now was at a higher value and I wanted to keep it at least within reasonable price for I have used it for a duration of a single year.

Hell I even lowered it so that it can attract even more buyers to get the item, for I needed the money for some stuff to get, yet some of those people you have mentioned are so fucking dumb and does not somehow understand the statement that “This X is the final amount that I can accept, not negotiable.” Keeps on haggling me with even lower prices that is virtually impossible for me to comprehend and accept.

Goddamn! are you guys gonna’ buy it or not? is what I have been saying to those nincampoops lately! fuck!

1 Like

I find that “is this still available?” a normal opening question when interested in a product.

The amount of ads that people post and don’t update when sold are far more than those that do.

3 Likes

Of course it is, but when you already responded and said that yes it’s available, they are going to ask again if it’s available as if somehow they forgot the first question they have asked to me. Probably just trolling if that’s how they are going to do it.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t realize they had asked you if it was available twice.