Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

I won’t be getting the HE6SE that I ordered from Adorama last week. My debit card, and the information associated with it, that I use to buy literally everything with when I shop online and have never had a single problem with from any other company, wasn’t good enough for their credit card verification software. Didn’t stop them from going ahead and taking my money though. :angry: :angry: :angry: :rage: :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Heck of a job Adorama. Lost my business for the rest of my life with that one. :+1:

1 Like

That sucks. I’m guessing they refunded you by now? That’s one of the benefits of using credit over debit. It’s easier to get your money back when bs happens

Oh no, there’s a 5-10 business day wait for refunds after the order is cancelled. And they were going to wait 5 days after declining my order to cancel the order. I had to cancel the order myself. So I still haven’t gotten my money back yet.

2 Likes

Freaking frustrating still guys, I know I am much better than the previous 3 days, but I still feel a bit under the weather. Man, even though I am at my normal temps and could stand up with ease, there is still that feeling of you know? A bit off, like I am still feeling heavy even though I am supposed to be like light as a feather by now.

No worries though I am not affected by the so called “human malware” for I still have my sense of taste and smell, though I am a bit cautious still that I might have a possible conclusion that I could be asymptomatic, let’s hope it’s not the case especially to those who have lost a lot due to this freaking virus.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I vented out something from myself, and it would be the frustration of my left shoulder being fucked at the moment. I don’t know what happened for last week my shoulders were overall good and fine, but today it’s nothing but pain for I cannot move my arm backwards without my left shoulder having that stabbing pain or something, it’s like something is getting pinched from the inside and it is safe to say for me to go to an orthopedic to get this checked.

Man this sucks, and I need healthy shoulders for my workout and I want to maintain that consistency, I guess today is not that case.

1 Like

Not sure if I’d call this a rant or not, or if it’s just more commentary on the state of bureaucratic stupidity. The road crew just got through re-striping the center lines on the road I live on last week. They are back out this week re-paving sections of said road. Paving over the lines they just painted. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I believe that is SNAFU… situation normal all fucked up!

1 Like

Exact same problem here, there are roads here in my country that are still good but somehow they are “broken” and they are “fixing” it. While the roads and streets here that are for real broken are not getting any fixes.

Not surprising but still frustrating when most of the people who are seated in a high position most of them are god damned incompetent idiots but they are only there because of one thing, money.

Ive had something similar, where holding the arm in certain positions and especially when holding somthing (don’t need to be heavy), like when i put my laptop backpack in the passenger seat gong into the car gives a shapr pain in the upper part of the arm/shoulder. Didn’t seek any help, and 3 weeks on, its much better, but i guess seeing someone would have shorten the time it takes to heal if they could give you some exercises or inflammatory medication (if it was needed).

It doesn’t really compare to the world of hurt i had after “slipping a disc” in my neck after a gokart crash though (i had spun my rental kart, and another slammed into me effectively giving me a sideways whiplash). The tiniest of movements of my head, arms and upper body gave stabbing pain in my neck and out into my shoulders. Took me 20mins just to get out of bed, let alone get dressed. My doc gave me some heavy painkillers and told me to go to work when i visited a few days after it happened. I was trying to get some payed sick days though, but he thought otherwise :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am going to an orthopedic tomorrow morning, and I hope it’s not that serious for getting surgery is going to suck a lot and the process of rehab is even going to be even more frustrating if this case of my left shoulder is indeed serious.

A someone i know recently had surgery, although in his lower arm, as he had a nerve that regularly got “pinched” giving him pain and loss of “feel” in his hand. Relatively minor surgery, but he did get a sick leave of 2 weeks and restriction i usage of the arm. This was to make sure it healed properly, and nothing “moved” after they made “more room” for the nerve. He seems to have recovered fully and has not had any trouble afterwards (as far as i know at least).

Sorry about the shoulder, and I have a similar issue. I had a Bankart repair on my left shoulder over 30 years ago. After moving into a new home, and doing some renovation work, I am feeling like it is time for round two on that.

1 Like

So this is really my first warranty experience. About a month ago, after coming home from work I realized one of my T5V tweeters was looking a bit weird.

It was hot and had a burning smell coming off it. So I sent it to Thomann for a RMA. To my surprise it came back relatively quickly. But there was a reason for it

download (8)

1 Like

So the EU went ahead with their vote to force USB-C standardization on devices. Obviously, this was aimed squarely at Apple and their Lightning connector. But what those morons don’t realize is Apple gets downright petty at times, and their solution to this isn’t going to be to put USB-C on their devices. Oh no, they will drop the port altogether and turn their entire ecosystem wireless.

Which means the rest of the industry will follow suit! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

We’ll see. There’s been leaks and rumors that USB-C iPhones are coming next year.

So Overwatch 2 is out today and they require a phone number as a form of anticheat. But apparently Blizzard doesn’t accept Cricket Wireless numbers, which is what I use. So I guess Blizzard expects me and everyone else to change carriers in order to play their game. cool

2 Likes

Huh, might be time to add Blizzard, to go along with Ubisoft and EA, to my “never playing your games again” list. Cause that’s some BS. How could a phone number possibly be used as a method of anti-cheat? Is Overwatch 2 also mobile?

1 Like

The system is there to prevent people from generating a bunch of accounts. So I guess the main goal is to keep banned players banned. Or perhaps also to prevent high level players from creating a new accounts for easy wins
Apparently Blizzard thinks anyone who uses Cricket is only using it for burner phones

1 Like

They will probably make Dock that takes USB-C. Then the dock is connected with Apple cable to wireless transmitter and phones has to have a Apple wireless dongle.
Sold separately.
There is still time to leave all Apple products behind. :wink:
Oh… had bit of trouble connecting a older iPad to new WLAN network. Every other older and newer device worked and connected just fine but no…not the iPad.
Since i hate them… did research and tried all the Apple support was able to give.
Nothing helped… POS…them all.
Then it hit me. It did not support the newer security protocol the router by default used… so after tweek on that. It worked.
Stupid support and stupid devices…

1 Like

Oh no, see that’s the beauty of it…as far as I can tell from the EU legislation, things like docks and wireless chargers aren’t covered. Which means that they can still have those be connected via Lightning.