Recommended IEM Cables

Headphones is definitely an application that I could easily use an 8/16/24 core cable and not care.

1 Like

Yeah. The 4 core is a better choice for IEMs because they’re tugging on your ears and the 8 core is hefty. With headphones, who cares? This cable is actually right in line with the weight of some of my other cables, but this one is SOOO much nicer than those cables. I’m so happy I did this.

This cable is also much longer than a normal IEM cable. I think it’s about 70 inches long.

2 Likes

Only I can think off that is nice, but I’d not spend that much on an 70usd iem, unless you have more plans for it.

Ahh audiophile length, well not quite as ridiculous as the 118” or so of the stock philips one with the X2hr.

1 Like

Yeah, my open-back is a Fidelio X3. 3 meters long cable with stupid connectors that 99% of cables won’t work with. I might as well just sell it (and lose a shit-load of money, since they are always in sale now)

1 Like

I saw that one, but wasn’t really sold on the braided paracord look. That’s why I started looking at other companies on Ali, none of Xinhs were quite what I was looking for in black.

I like it. Would ask Xinhs for black or gold acessories to match Arias’ look, but prolly 2 core only. It’s a very light cable. Sorry to not be able to help you more, seems black cables are kinda rare this days

It is not that they are rare… it is just the ones that are out there are either that paracord look or super shiny black… neither of which is what I am looking for.

well, you can use the dark grey on my Land’s custom…

I have a Yinyoo black cable… but it is 8core. I guess I will just stick with my current bounty and see if anything else sparks my interest before the Ali sale ends.

What about this one

Unfortunately he cannot since all wires for cables are already cut. At least that’s what he said to me when I asked him for a longer cable

Well he said he could in the past and @Resolution just posted a long cable from him that arrived yesterday so… Guess he doesnt like you? :joy:

Haha most probably :joy:

Keep in mind sometimes the language barrier is hard to overcome!

My grey hardware gold & silver 4 core cable arrived, now to see if its up to the hype. Definitely can see why he couldn’t make me an 8 core :joy: this thing is like twice as thick as my Plussound cable that I am planning on comparing it to.

7 Likes

wait a minute… He can do grey???

Nice cable, congratz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I asked if he had any grey hardware at all and he showed me these connectors which are nice and match my MMRs pretty well which is what I was hoping for

1 Like

looks great! mind showing the other cable in the picture?

1 Like

Here you go, it’s my Plussound EXO Gold Plated Silver that I got with my Graces, the heatshrink on the 2pin connectors is getting a bit tired now but its a really nice cable.

4 Likes

Love it, thanks!

1 Like