Recommended IEM Cables

Obviously the cable it can be used on multiple IEMs. The choice was easier then it looked.

1 Like

so im new to all this but am i right in thinking that these han sound aegis 8s being discussed in the high end forums over at head fi for 500 pounds are not much different than these from xinhs

Well with xinhs cables you don’t get people talking about how some wire makes the “mids thicker” or how the cable magically adds “power and wideness” to the bass.

5 Likes

You learning fast. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but what IEM cables have a similar over-ear fit to the Moondrop Starfield cables? I am using the ALO Litz cable with my Sony N3BPs, and they sound great, but the plastic wire mold for the ear is a colossal pain and must be adjusted each time I put them in. The Starfields’ cables, on the other hand, have a pre-molded wire that pops over the ear effortlessly. I would love an aftermarket cable for the Sonys that does the same. Has anyone come across something similar?

Most aftermarket cables come with a preformed earhook like you described. Memory wire and no earhook are a lot rarer the the preformed style. Though for the Sony I think they used the less common memory wire so the cable could be worn over ear or hanging down.

So basically as long as it is the right connector and doesn’t say memory wire or no earhook in the description you should be fine.

Just did a quick google search, since im not familiar with both. I’ve had the same problem before.

With Xinhs cable I dont this anymore, but I dont think its just the plastic mold. Also maters how the braiding close to the ear is done. Also the thickness and weight of the cable. You can also ask for a plastic “tube” as a mold, instead of the tipical heated one.

Any feed back on these guys? :beers:

Any cable that advises me to burn it in for longer then the return shipping would take is an instant pass for me.

3 Likes

Agreed but I’d just use the cable?

I mean it looks nice and honestly if it is going on a Sony Z1R M9 or M7 then the price is not completely outrageous compared to the overall cost.

I doubt it will actually do anything it claims it will do to the sound, but if you like the looks… there are more insane options out there.

Not seen a lot on them but they look like nice cables. Keep an eye out for ones on the used market since you can get really good deals on used cables

My personal response…IEM cables be like…(I Know) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Go Forza. Worked well first time :wink:

While I don’t really believe in cables doing that much of a difference, I would do the same as he does. With all his (VERY NICE) gear, end-game found, 100% enjoying the music, I’d be looking at some expensive cables as well as the last piece of my puzzle. Hell, I’m using a 100usd cable on Mele…

That was why I said the price was not outrageous for the overall cost of a high end Sony IEM and the expected gear it generally goes with.

Also I didn’t realise that the Plussound cables started cheaper than I thought

1 Like

I’d spend 10% on cables for a solid speaker setup…like wise for IEM’s…

Happy here :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That is a bit lower then my 2 caps I generally use. 25% usually. 50% on inexpensive IEMs (otherwise there is just not enough) or if it gives me something I can’t get otherwise.

spent that much time reading through forums about cables that ive let the sale on xinhs run out :man_facepalming:

how often does there tend to be sales like that is it usually only once a year and do the furukawa copper ones ever go as low as the graphenes did