Recommended IEM Cables

Oh, interesting.

Please translation for dumb people like me

Guessing that a 2 core cable only has room for a “ground” and a combination of left/right (which is mono) in each core.

Tbh, I am pretty clueless about it.

Oh so I got it right, just clueless aswell 🤷

Another satisfied customer. Congratulations.

FYI the graphene cable actually is copper… “Single crystal copper plated silver”

1 Like

With everyone here praising the xinhs cables, i got an 8 core cable from him during the summer sale on AE. I used it to do a cable mod on my portapro :fire::fire:

Got the purple so it matches my diy custom speaker cables :purple_heart:

7 Likes

That looks amazing

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Great

1 Like

I see… my previous cable is fully copper, not silver plated

Since Xinhs not shipping to my country I’ve been looking for some alternatives and came across these: SYRNARN S5 352 Core Upgraded Silver Plated grey/Brown Cable 4.4 3.5mm 2Pin 0.78mm A2DC MMCX for se535 SE846 Earphone Wire in ear|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress

Connectors looks really good imho.

If I read it correctly, it is in the context of a discussion about calculating/guessing the cable thickness of a cable from its number of cores.

The guy says that each external core can have one or several internal cores in it: either the ground is an internal cores in itself or it is made like a layer of shielding. Thus you can’t have only one rule to calculate the cable thickness, you have to know more things.

Question regarding ordering a custom cable from XINHS.

I know the guy is easy to talk to and he responds quickly (aside from the language barrier), and does great work. Just give him the specs of what you want and he’ll do his best to make it happen. But how does the transaction work? Is it still through AE? Or is it more like a direct purchase so the guarantees of AE aren’t there as a cushion in case something happens. What about shipping too? I know he has a great reputation and many here can vouch for him so it’s reassuring, just wanna get a bit more into the details.

Also what is the turn around time and approximate price for a custom cable from him?
Planning to get something along the lines of
Graphene
4 core
140cm
Modular right angle jacks

He usually has it done in the next day and shipped.

You pay the cable price + extra. Most stuff he doesnt charge, but to get a bigger lenght you prolly pay a lil bit more.

He can’t do full modular.

3 Likes

He charged me considerably less than I expected and I added money to his bill because I felt I was taking advantage of him. I wanted a longer 8 core graphene cable with black custom hardware with 4.4 mm balanced connection to 3.5 connections for my modded HE6se V2.

He had my custom cable complete and shipped before I woke up the next day. I had pictures of the finished cable waiting for me. The cable arrived and is perfect.

7 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of something like your custom set with the mini-XLR. Though oddly enough Godria mentioned that apparently he can do the kinera adapter?

Great to hear, how does the 8 core graphene compare to the stock cable of the Oracle size wise? The softness and flexibility is what I’m after since I’m definitely gonna be falling asleep in them. Actually does the cable affect an IEM like the Oracle?

I’d suggest getting a 4 core first unless you know you prefer heftier cables. The 4 core is probably perfect for what most IEM owners are looking for.

I won’t say anything about the cable effecting sound. You’ll have to decide that for yourself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was planning on getting the 4 core since it’s more affordable. But I’m gonna get used to the stock cable of the oracle before making any decisions on that front. And yeah that’s fair enough

He really should put those 4.4mm to dual 3.5mm cables up there as products.

Well, headphone cables in general (2.5/3.5/4.4 to dual 2.5/4.4/Sennheiser).

I’m sure they would sell! :slightly_smiling_face:

I want one for my Sundara’s too.

6 Likes

Just buy matching adaptors, really. It was more of a proof of concept. I use 4.4mm 99% of the time anyway. Also he can’t do it in every cable. I don’t think he can do it on 4 cores.

Good. Shhhhh.

Stock is great. No need to change.

1 Like

Oh yeah, how’s the microphonics of the Oracle stock cable? The ones before my Audiotechnicas had minimal microphonics, while the ones I use now have a lot