Which $200-$300~ IEM to get?

I run these on my Tribrids, (besides the Dunu EST112… love that cable)

I love light weight cables for IEMs.

2 Likes

Me too

It looks really nice. I like the blue color.
I will put it in my wish list.

It is actually less blue in reality

Summary

2 Likes

Even better… Light blue :blush:

Let me know how the Kinera modular system is when you get it. I am a sucker for a good modular system.

Edit:
@Resolution the 3DT just shipped… musicteck upgraded it to UPS shipping… :sob: if I knew they would have done that I would have paid for overnight USPS to avoid it.

Sure, I will also post photos

BTW - after I placed my order I asked Xinhs store if he can make a modular cable for me , and I showed him one of the Kinera’s adapter I have, and he said “I mad that adapter for kinera” :expressionless:

Then I send him the specs of this one

The price for 2 cables = $120

It is cheaper than kinera.

3 Likes

I will have to ask him if he can do that for the 2 core then. That might just be my ideal cable.

1 Like

It will be cheaper… Plus I love kinera adapters they are really nice, and high quality.

Damn, I really gotta get a cable from XINHS, he makes top gear and they’re gorgeous to boot, probably right angle, modular and 140cm long since I prefer a touch more length

On a side note, I think it’s fate that I’m getting the Oracle now as I was playing around with a couple spare stock tips on my CKS550XiS and the front plate of one popped out while I was trying to get the tips off, thankfully I didn’t pull any wires and popped it back in without issue.

1 Like

Just be aware… The thickness of his cables are not for normal size people specially the 8 Cores… IMO

i’m sorry if i offended anyone

No worries, I’ve read enough on here to figure that the 8-core is pretty chonky and heavy, they are handmade after all. It’s all about finding what fits your comfort best in the end. I’m pretty sure that the 8 and 16 core cables would be awesome for full on cans if I were into them, which I’m pretty sure some guys on here already had some custom made from XINHS

1 Like

Can’t argue with that … They are for full size headphones the 8 Cores IMO…

I could be wrong though

@Resolution got the graphine cable for his hifiman headphones and others have too. Also Res likes 8 cores on his IEMs. Personally 6 core is my limit for weight hanging on my ears.

1 Like

Just went and checked the product details on his store and he pretty much uses 1.2mm thick strands for all his cables, so yeah the chonk is there. But at least it gives an idea of how thick and heavy they can be, but again down to comfort. In all likelihood I’m probably gonna get a 4 core cable

1 Like

Do they actually make any difference?
Or just for the looks and feel?

I mean 2,4,6,or 8 Cores?

Weight, looks, thickness, and depending on the brand flexibility.

As far as sound, I subscribe to resistance can effect some IEMs but the rest not so much theory of IEM cables.

I am aware of that, but I mean to the sound

So should I pay attention to the resistance?

Lower resistance is better? Sorry I am noob when it comes to cables

Riku is about to answer far better then I probably could.

2 Likes

If you are using a sensitive iem, yes. (multi-BAs are a big offender.)

But not all iems are sensitive and in most cases, they wont have any differences at all.

Lower resistance is seen as higher quality, but for a sensitive iem that will have FR changes it depends on how it responds to it. Some will have less treble at lower resistances, some completely the opposite.

6 Likes