Recommended IEM Cables

I should be. It only took me almost 50 years! :crazy_face: Never stop learning!

1 Like

What’s the cable rec for under $40? I prefer thicker cables. Been trying to find a nice thick silver cable but they’re usually pretty thin in this price bracket.

Same here… :rofl: My 17Track + PostNord (local courier) apps are never without packages to track… :slightly_smiling_face:

At one point during Covid-19 I had 20+ packages incoming from AliExpress.

Granted shipping was very slow but still… I was like; Maybe I should grow a bit of patience… Well, that lasted a week I think and then curiosity got to me again… :rofl:

3 Likes

£21.18 14% Off | 8 core Pure Silver earphone Upgrade Cable Balanced wire 2.5/3.5/4.4MM Plug With MMCX/2PIN/QDC/TFZ for TIN\TFZ Headsets
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vd5rT8

Should be collecting this today I’ll let you know what I think :+1:

2 Likes

Looking around online the tripowin altea (6n OCC monocrystaline 26 awg litz cable) and the tripowin t3 (4n silver, 96 strands) both fit my budget. The purity between 6n and 4n is pretty neglible imo but the copper cable is thicker and it sounds like it’s uses more solid strands? Not sure what monocrystaline means. But just the thickness alone should make it better than the 5% conductivity advantage silver provides? Probably won’t make an audible difference regardless of what I get but I’m curious what you guys think is the best cable on paper in this $40 under price bracket.

erm… Just buy the Xinhs cable from @Ohmboy, it’s the best pure silver in your budget.

2 Likes

I’ll even post up the resistance reading for you :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec! Going to put one on order soon. Still curious how that resistance reading will look compared to other cables

It’s cable B7 from @Rikudou_Goku 's spreadsheet.

4 Likes

I never noticed the cables tab before… this is awesome. Thanks for showing me this

1 Like

Is this okay for you?

KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 Core Pure Silver Cable

1 Like

Oh yeah, totally forgot the Kbear Limpid.

But again, I’m not a fan of white cables :joy:

I have 2 of them… They are nice tho abit thick, but soft and flex.

I’m looking at the table now and all the silver cables have higher resistance. Wouldn’t it be better for me to get one of the lower resistance ones? Just curious here what advantage there is to getting a silver one, the b7 cable in that table in particular, if there are any at all.

None of my kbear cables have lasted long tbh… so Im trying to avoid them.

Not really, any cables that have lower than 0.5 impedance work just fine, just not on all-BA sets.

@Rikudou_Goku can explain this from his tests.

2 Likes

I found it anyway.

3 Likes

This is really neat thanks for digging this up for me. Looks like some people were actually heading a difference between different cables

Ended up ordering A16 because I loved how it looked.

You can edit your posts, no need to delete them :joy:

1 Like

Oof yeah I just realized lmao. Was trying to avoid double posting