Recommended IEM Cables

Dude, they’re desperately beautiful and really not that expensive for what you get.

3 Likes

I love my Xhins cable! If I had to make one improvement I wish it had less bulky hardware but it’s hard to complain for what you get

1 Like

I’m coming from the Monarch MKII cable and the hardware is so heavy on that, literally anything is lighter. The one thing I do not like about the SPC cable is that the chin slider absolutely does not work. Besides that, I love it!

1 Like

Graphene cable has arrived from IvipQ. Shipping was WAY faster than expected. About a week and a half, so was XINHS shipping as well.

First impression: no memory what so ever. Can be wrapped easily and stays in place. Soft, and not stiff. Looks really cool, almost reminds me of the bad guy from Terminator 2 in his liquid form. Hardware is nice, not too heavy. MMCX connection feels super stiff. I prefer that, no spin. Clicked right in. Sounds great as well. It seems to tone down the bass a tad to my Ears but we could just chalk this up to placebo of course. The Timeless sounds incredible as always. Highly recommend :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Looks fantastic, just ordered one along with a sterling silver cable! Thanks for fhe pic and info.

1 Like

Hell yeah! Enjoy, brother. I forgot to mention it also came with a really nice hard shell case. :metal:

1 Like

Sweet! Now I wait…

1 Like

CEMA Osprey finally came in! :sparkling_heart: :heartpulse: :mending_heart:

Old copper vs new:

• 1.3mm x 4
  • 6N OCC
  • $37.51 / 11.49 Kuwaiti Dinar

VS

4 Likes

Okay, I’ve been out of the loop for a long while, not that my wallet thanks me since I’ve dipped into a different hobby in the interim, but looks like there’s a new AE favorite in town aside from XINHS. Gave the IvipQ a peak on AE and they look pretty good, if a bit similar to XINHS how have they been quality wise?

Also I just saw that XINHS has modular cables now, how have those been?

Lastly, anyone have the Thieaudio EST cable and the XINHS graphene 4 and 8 core? I wanna compare the three size and weight wise before picking out one or the other

@Resolution does I believe. AFAIR the graphene cable (4-core) replaced the EST as his default cable in his collection and he has an 8-core customized for HE6v2’s if I remember correctly.

@nymz also likes the graphene cables but I’m unsure if he owns any EST cable(s).

2 Likes

I have 3 EST (custom made by XINHS) as well. It’s my favorite cable. I went with xinhs so I could change hardware to black and 4.4mm, removing the hooks and slider.

The 4 core graphene is also insane. I don’t like the 8 core since it’s heavy and bulky for the go, but if you are only at the desk it’s great. The 4 core was my favourite until the EST came in.

9 Likes

Hey nymz, it’s been a while, looks like you’ve gone up in the forums since I was here, congrats and thanks for all your hard work.

How much did the EST cost you? Might go that route but with the modular ends, and I’m guessing they’re probably special order custom as well. How do they compare to the 4 core graphene?

Hopped back on the forum because I had to send my Oracle back in due to imbalance with the right driver going muffled even after cleaning and dried for a week. So looking to get an Olina to replace it as my daily driver so I can use it for serious sessions and may as well get some nicer cables while I’m at it

1 Like

If I’m being honest, I cant recall. I bought a bunch in bulk. I would guess around 50 bucks or so. You have to ask for it, it’s not listed.

The 4 core is listed. I asked for grey hardware no chin slider.

1 Like

Which 4 core did you specify?

Graphene, sorry!

1 Like

The Thieaudio EST cable is as sturdy as she gets, but a touch stiff and heavy IMO; best for use with a stationary setup. The Xinhs Graphene 4-core is my favorite IEM cable I’ve ever had; sturdy, light, flexible, attractive colorway that goes with damn near anything…can’t recommend enough, unless your budget does not allow!

Ahh okay, though what specs did you give for the EST? Because now I’m curious

I like the weight and I do use it primarily on my laptop so weight isn’t a huge issue, sturdiness, flexibility, and minimal microphonics are my primary needs though. Plus the modularity is nice for some added flexibility

1 Like

Sounds like the EST is what you want, my friend! Now you just have to decide if you want the Thieaudio one or Xinhs…

Well I lean to the EST since I already have the one that came with my Thieaudio Oracle and looking for a bit of an upgrade with a nicer more robust modular system than the dumb 2.5mm adapter stacking thing they included

1 Like

I actually used mine (Oracle and Excalibur) with a third-party DDhifi adapter instead of the boxed one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082CSM4P4
Being a short, right-angle adapter made it far less obtrusive than the stock ones. I do typically just run 3.5mm for most things, though.