Reecho and Peacock Spring 1

as per my previous post :+1:

Waiting too to see what you think mate :+1:

1 Like

I have messed around with a few tips.
They do seem to change a lot depending on them not sure what my go to tip for them is yet.

Going to have to do some more testing!

1 Like

I’m now using Spiral dots…but spin fits are also good for me.

Edited…Spin for the win :+1:

2 Likes

Using foam tips that came with my Tin p1 on they currently.
They seem pretty balanced.

Final Audio E Tips pretty much kill the bass.

1 Like

Tbh the spirals give more base but the spins sound better a lower volumes :man_shrugging: I like both lol.

2 Likes

Ugh. Tips complicate IEMs too much. I’m a Stock Man, unless something is blatantly wrong/weird. Tips are the new “ultra premium upgraded $400 cable”. ;p

Atleast tips are cheaper :grinning:

They come with alot of tips; I am sure anyone can make atleast one set of them work well for them.

1 Like

Which tip models, exactly, for Spiral & Spin? I have a Spin CP100 on hand.

Hey now, tips are super important, I’m glad there is more research into them as they make a difference in sound unlike copper vs silver cables and other hocus pocus LOL

1 Like

Yep CP100 and Spiral EP-FX9L-B :+1:

1 Like

Yep they sure are…they can make or break an iem sound they’re more akin to pad swopping or tube rolling than a cable thing.

1 Like

Tubes, there we go! =p I don’t think I have ever seen a FR showing the difference(s) of a tube(s) on any headphone; only text descriptions of what the user thinks has changed. I’m not really a fan of dip switches, either, after trying my first IEM with them(Legacy 3). Adds even another layer of potentially pointless complexity(PPC), when I just like stuff to sound good! Lol. Like changing the impedance from 16 to 32 ohms - do we really need that…? :5

Tubes for me do make a difference imho…it’s easy to tell say a pair of M8100/CV4010/EF95 Mullard’s from 5654W/EF95 Siemens on a Little Dot mk2 it’s that plain I don’t think you’d need to be an audiophile to tell the difference?

I think when it comes to tips the 3 most important things are fit, fit and fit…bore size and the actual material they’re manufactured from can also make a difference in my experience.

I with you on

Took ages faffing about with the tuning nozzles and tips on my FH7’s finally ending up with the standard balanced ones lol.

2 Likes

My Spring showed up yesterday, so express shipping took 6 total days from Linsoul (5/18 to 5/23). I’ve been using them only with Spinfit CP100 so far, no EQ(Topping D50s + JDS ATOM), trying to see how they compare to Legacy 3(stock tips), and if I can rec them. Here’s my thoughts so far(which likely won’t change)…

SPRING:

• Bass (-/+): difficult to compare. There is certainly less bass, so I get no bass fatigue with these, but I can’t really tell about quality. I would say both sound excellent with bass, if not practically perfect.
  • Treble (-) is “pretty clear”, but a little bit bright and lacking resolution. Is not as detailed as L3, by a good amount.
  • Staging (-) sounds more ‘tubular’, as if you’re looking into a tube-shaped room, and not like you’re in the middle off a natural 360 space where sounds are naturally all around you, like with the Legacy. Things in front of you sound more distant. Spacing/depth still has a good, medium range/feel, though, but everything always kind of sounds in front of you, not behind or quite directly left/right. Frontal space is more narrow, and with a smaller vertical range.
  • Tone/realism (-) (my biggest issue with these): A lot of materials just don’t sound realistic/believable… Many cymbols sound like plastic instead of metal. Metal strings sound like they have a plastic coating. Raindrops and water, again, sound a little dry/wooden and fake. I think this is due to a lack of resolution, to deliver the sparkle/shimmer and decay required to reproduce sounds realistically. With everything from drum & bass textures to bells, wood blocks, shakers and the human voice, the L3 sounds real and the Spring gets about 80-85% of the way there. A dryer, brighter, flatter/lower resolution sound. Little, fine details are very clear & transparent on the L3.
  • Comfort/fit: These are about average or above average for me. They have a bit of a wonky fit, and are rather loose in my right ear. They don’t feel very stable in either ear, as if they barely have any contact with the ears, outside of the canals. Not a fan of this shell shape.

LEGACY 3:

• Best treble I’ve ever heard in an IEM. Beautifully detailed, butter smooth, with highly precise imaging & layering.
  • Best comfort & fit I’ve ever experienced in an IEM. Snug! Both are extremely light IEMs.
  • Bass(my only complaint) can get overpowering in certain material, and literally vibrate the shell. I’m growing to like it more, though. Maybe this is how bass should sound, and I’m just not used to it being this strong.
  • Staging is pretty nice. Stuff is nicely spread out at a medium range, and the sense of space, depth, and sound locations are excellent and particularly enjoyable. Pretty sure the best/nicest I’ve heard in an IEM or earbud so far.

COMPARISON SUMMARY (L3 to Spring): More bass(can be excessive) and fullness. More detail/resolution. More smooth(zero harshness). Sounds are absolutely realistic & natural, with better staging & spaciousness/air. Much better fit. A more solid 2-pin connection/cut-out into the shell. More tuning options(I only like default, anyway).

Though I feel the bass can be too strong, I prefer how L3 sounds by a significant margin. The gorgeous, highly refined details, wrapped in a super smooth, nicely airy, spacious, full-bodied & bassy package of supreme comfort and quality design. The more I listen the more I am liking these. I’m still not convinced these are the right choice for gaming, though, so my YBF may still hold the torch for that.

2 Likes

“Spring” and “Spring Fever” is the same

Greetings CT007. On your first impressions on sound, staging, etc I have to agree with just about everything you had stated. This was right out of the box. But I have found that after just letting them play for about 75-85 hours, (and probably need some more) they really start to settle in. At least for me that is. In fact, they are so detailed, they are probably too detailed for me now. No more “plastic cymbals” etc…Bass has tightened up, no “tubular” staging. anyway, they will improve so if you give them a chance and more time, you will be rewarded. Just my 2c. Btw, my L3’s should be here within the the next 7 days. Cheers

1 Like

Would these changes be visible on an FR graph? Someone needs to measure a before/after lol.

What tips are you using?

Can’t wait to hear what you think of the L3! (especially compared to the possibly imaginary burn-in for the Spring lol)

It’s been tried and done, but it’s really not going to tell you anything because it’s not going to affect frequency response much is my guess

Maybe a different type of measurement test…?