Reecho and Peacock Spring 1

Or just use your ears alternatively lol, measurements are there for you to look and and say “ok, seems normal here, moving on,” any serious representation of performance is going to have to be judged by your ears lol. Measurements really don’t capture everything, and imo aren’t really helpful for judging sound in the end. I’m sure there are measurements out there that are more useful than what is currently used now for stuff like stage and detail and timbre, but they haven’t really been found for what they connect with subjectively yet lol. It’s hard to quantify spatial recreation, detail, timbre, and time domain that well with measurements. If only it was that simple to only work off measurements lol, would make things much easier

Edit: regarding the measuring before and after, I think DMS did a video on that, I’m sure someone else has done that as well regarding burn in. IMO burn in does exist for sure, but the real question is how much does it actually affect the sound

I would definitely consider a 100+ burn-in period a negative(or any burn-in, really)(and a positive for the L3). But I can play music through them on my phone for that long, since hearing them out of the box, and see if I can tell a diff.

I mean typically the bigger thing is mental burn in lol, that typically plays the largest role in the idea of perceived burn in. Letting your brain get used to the sound for an extended period of time is critical imo

1 Like

Don’t know about graphing,(had issues in HS a long time ago)…I was using the stock tips and the azla ss/short, and will be experimenting with the final tips. More pleasing results, so far with me. But I think time is the major factor, could be just me too. And I can’t wait for the L3’s, lotta hype and combined with an enormous amount of positive response from various communities…Still, I’m ready for a change. Keep in touch.
Cheers

Just wondering, what amp are you using @lostnamerica?

Regarding the “mental” burn-in": I was not actually listening to them for the amount of hours listed. I was connected them to a source and let them play with various types of music running through them at medium volume levels for about 3-4 days… Then, intermittently listening and noticing changes. Just a few thoughts and action

1 Like

I was using the Sony nw-a45, sold it and waiting for my Plenue D2, meanwhile its my MacBook 12"…
Cheers

1 Like

Sounds like a solid pairing :+1:

Looking forward to the Cowon for sure…excited id the words

1 Like

That’s the one I want!! Damn, we have good taste :sunglasses: I’ve never had a DAP before, or been able to listen to music off a phone that didn’t sound obviously bad.

I definitely want to test this 100 hour burn-in, so I will try to report back on it. Or at least 75 hours. Hour 0 impressions, hour 75/100 impressions. No listening in between.

1 Like

The D2 is quite the unit, and the battery life is crazy good as well, very nice package

1 Like

I’m pumped…thx!

Sold my Sony, and found The D2 at a good price had to grab it. Re: Spring, Sounds like a good plan, some iems don’t really need more time, some need more, way-more like the JVC FW01 woodies, 400-500 hours… whew.

1 Like

I definitely disagree with him, ha… But my 75-100h Spring burn-in test is not complete yet, so miracles are still possible, I suppose. :wink: Should be done by Tuesday! Then we can see how lostnamerica feels, also, after his L3 shows up.

Lol…I listen to my sets from day one and just maybe they change a tad more than my ears that become accustom to them…who knows :man_shrugging:

Order a brand new set to compare, and you’ll have your answer ;D To be rich, alas!

Don’t need to I’m happy with the set I have here and for the :moneybag: absolutely no complaints at all.

I’ve just written and posted my review of the Reechos and comparison with the Legacy 3s. Hope you guys find it helpful and do let me know if I could help answer any questions or if I could’ve phrased anything better! :")

7 Likes

I also did not try any of the stock tips, haha. I’m kind of afraid of what they might be like, tbh o_o All scrunched up, deformed in those holes.

Do you find the way the pins stick out of the shell to be a bit half-assed? Or have you commonly seen pin “socket” designs like that?