RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

I like chifi and there are some REALLY great IEMs comming out of China, but scamming like this is just so common.

Yeah, unfortunately. Best to just ignore stuff like that unless it got attention by respected reviewers.

Me to. It’s the left side for me as well. I almost bought a second pair just see if I had a defective pair but I ended up just moving on.

Just wanted to mention that Fiio really got my respect now.

I was expecting them to be pissed at my review on the FH5S, but nope. They actually asked for me advice.

There are literally only 3 brands that have asked me for advice after I reviewed their product.

Aiderlot (with the M5)
Kbear (with the KS2)
Fiio (with the FH5S)

I have reviewed a lot of different products from different brands but it really shows when a brand actually care about their customers when they ask for advice on how to fix their cons.

A lot of other brands should really learn from this, especially Periodic Audio…oh boy their response to my review was amazing.

(after I sent the review on the BE to them.)

:joy:

11 Likes

2021-05-10: Moondrop Chaconne review is up: Moondrop Chaconne - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

How this doesnt have any hype at all is beyond me. This is the sole reason why I am looking at other TOTL buds. Like the K Bell-WE and the Samsara K300.

I already gave the title of “Ultra Instinct” to the Dunu EST112, so I will give this the title of “Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta”:
GogetaBlue2

Vocal/acoustic music lovers will love this one, endgame worthy in those genres…

7 Likes

Hey guys… Just thought I’d throw up a flare I am selling a ton of stuff Let me know if anyone is interested in anything…

1 Like

Did you try a different cable on the FH5s per chance? I am still in the camp that cables can’t change sound that drastically, but some guy on head-fi said that it made the FH5s go from shit to excellent. I figured since you’re the cable guru possibly you could shed some light on this.

I saw that post and I call BS on that.

This is an hybrid, their FR doesnt change when you have different resistances like on BA only iems. Even more so on this one, since it actually only has a BA for the treble instead of the typical DD (bass) + BA (mids/treble).

1 Like

looks like he got exactly the same impressions as my verdict for it.
(the first time I fully agree with him.)

@Rikudou_Goku a little off topic, but if the 560s was iem, what tier would it be on your list?

…probably around C.

Cool, thank you! There’s a sale on them right now for $200 CAD so I guess I’ll pass.

I take the Koss KSC75 over the 560S regardless of price.

1 Like

The ksc75 is like cheating. I often use them over my kilobuck headphones.

Hahah, yeah. But they exists and are lower priced so no reason to not rec them.

I do prefer the KPH30i over the KSC75 for music though. But I am using the KSC75 as my gaming transducer and also as my voice chat transducer.

1 Like

Now I need to buy a KPH30i.

Haha, yeah do it. It’s great IMO.

The Porta pro is nowhere near the Ksc75 or the KPH30i.

1 Like

After a week (or something like that) with KSC75 I just cant imagine a world without them :sweat_smile:
They are by far the best audio solution for an average dude.

I ve always thought iems are the worst for studying, because they just seal too much and usually have too aggressive sound. Headphones are heavy and clampy, speakers = no privacy…

…the KSCs solved all of this, whether you just use them for listening to online lectures, voice calls or background (acoustical) music for studying

They are like a personal speakers on your ears imo. You get the stage, openness and comfort without disturbing others. I think I will just tell everyone I meet to buy them just in case they dont already have them :rofl:

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku

Hello,
can you recommend silicone tips that have the same sound as a foam tips ?
smooth high and upper mid,

thank you,

Final Audio Type E

Those are the ones I think tame the treble peaks the most for silicone tips. But, they wont tame it as much as foam tips, thats why foam tips arent good because they change/degrade the sound too much…

But if you want to take it to another level, you could get a silicone/foam hybrid tip.

Like the Sony EP-TC50

2 Likes