RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

What do you guys think about the RHA ear tips? someone here told me that they think it’s better than the Final E Types, I guess in terms of quantity it is since I saw the pieces of ear tips that you get from the RHA MA650. Wanted to give it a try, since it’s available from a seller that I buy from when it comes to audio stuff.

I hate describing anything as better since this hobby is so subjective. Especially so when it comes to ear tips.

I suggest anyone who is interested seriously getting the most out of this IEM hobby to try to get your hands on as many different types and sizes as possible. What works for me and what I consider “the best” may not work at all in your ears.

Getting a proper, comfortable and complete seal is the most important aspect of this hobby. If you don’t have that, then everything else doesn’t matter.

If you’re serious about your IEMs, you need to first be serious about your tips.

I’ve shown this picture before but I’ll show it again to demonstrate how trying as many tips is really important. This is a collection of only my most used tips…

If you’re interested in some tips, don’t hesitate to try them. While you’re shopping why not buy extra sizes and few other brands to try while you’re at it? Try everything! Your IEM experience will only improve.

5 Likes

Yeah that is true and to me so far in my opinion, when it comes to quality and comfort, the E Types just hit it right for me and alongside those would be the Radius Deep Mounts and boy those things with those in my ear, I cannot hear any shitalong with the E Types but the Deep Mounts does it better for me.

@Rikudou_Goku By the way I tried your Micropore mod method that you have suggested but…I didn’t used a Micropore tape, instead I have a Transpore and the sounds while covering the vents I must say it did improved by a margin, though I think it would be even better if I get the right tape for it.

I am actually kinda liking the Fiio tips that came with the FH3. Or at least they are the first OEM silicone tips that I didn’t immediately reach for my other tips. Well I didn’t for the Etymotic, but that was more because I didn’t have any that would fit.

Since we were just talking about this, I figured I’d mention that I’ve been playing with an iFi xCAN that arrived in the mail today and the bass boost on it is delightful. (And I’ve never really liked the bass boost on any of my FiiO or xDuoo products.)

So yeah, good call on the EST with louder bass. :smiley:

1 Like

Transpore tape? No clue what that is, seems to be surgical tape from Google though.

The important aspect with micropore, is that it allows for some breathing room. So if normal tape is too bassy or it starts to distort, micropore should help.

Same. I have a Fiio Q5s. I don’t rely on hardware bass boost. IEMs are so good today, you should be able to find something ideal without it or EQ.

1 Like

Is a “Bass Boost” function different from EQ? I just assumed it was just a generic EQ preset.

I believe it is similar. But it’s hardware instead of software and you aren’t able to pick the gain level and other settings as you can with EQ.

1 Like

With the specific amp/dac I was referring to, iFi claims their bass boost is done on the analogue side of things, but I have no idea how much of a meaningful difference that makes as opposed to doing it on the digital side.

1 Like

Just finished my custom cable for the Clears. I must be the only one using a KBEAR Rhyme cable on a Focal Clear, lol

3 Likes

btw @luizgarcia

(the bass roll-off might be due to some measurement errors as the nozzle is actually oval shaped.)

2 Likes

Wow! That is a big roll-off! I hope it is indeed a measurement error, do you have them with you? How do they sound?

Its not mine lol, its Super reviews.

https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,Ikko_OH10,Ikko_Gems_OH1s

(he is streaming right now: Ikko Gems OH1s FIRST LOOK! Plus NF Audio NA2+ - YouTube )

2 Likes

Cool, i will make sure to check it out

The ear canal is slightly oval shaped so its better tech to have oval . Not many do it though I imagine due to the extra RnD costs. If she is rolled and doesn’t sound right I will tape holes 100% LOLOLOLOL

1 Like

alright, this doesnt look good at all…

BIG channel imbalance…

1 Like

Hrm, not sure, may be a dud, but I will have them around soonish so we shall see. They were 180 direct from IKKO so I will judge based on that.

He got 2 units from them. You would expect that units being sent to reviewers should have better QC than that (one of his units had missing filters as well)…

1 Like