What did you buy today? (Part 2)

21 Likes

Too excited to have this plugged in and running, out of focus shot of the Lake People RS-08. Last piece of the puzzle will be a dac to pair with this and im thinking
used Ares II but i wont turn down a Bifrost 2.

EDIT** So fun hearing the difference between the e30 and micro BL DAC! Time to save for better DAC!

19 Likes

I would be very interested to hear your comparison of the RS-08 to other amps you’ve tried.

1 Like

Got a pair of Grado today

17 Likes

I have the asgard 3, the bottlehead crack with speedball, and ifi micro bl to compare using the Aeon 2 closed with the micro bl dac.

From initial impressions, the sound from the rs-08 comes off more forward and detailed compared to the asgard 3. Details on the rs-08 are better defined where to me the asgard 3 sounds rounded off, smooth and warm and less defining in the details in comparison. Rs-08 doesnt have the warmth of the asgard and is more neutral. I would say the asgard 3 seems a tiny bit laid back in comparison to the rs-08. Rs-08 doesnt smooth off the highs like the asgard and i havent run into any sibilance issues personally. The rs-08 sounds more dynamic than the asgard 3 imo and the low end has good impact and I believe better impact than the asgard 3 but the asgard 3 rumbles more. The rs-08 sounds more natural in comparison to the asgard 3. Asgard 3 has more of that holographic sound. Very happy to have them both now that I can compare.

Ifi micro bl compared to the rs-08 using the ifi micro bl as the dac. Its hard to compare them because they dont sound too different but from what i can initially tell is the rs-08 sound like it has better resolution, clarity, and detail but the micro bl is not very far behind from what I can tell. The micro bl is slightly warm in comparison. Switching back and forth, it seems the rs-08 sounds more full and impactful. I really really like the ifi micro bl. My choice for portability with little to no compromise for my wants. Ill have to compare them again when I get a better dac.

Compared to the tube amp, bottlehead crack w/ speedball and switching to the t1.2 since a2c cant tube, the crack is more fun, more low end, mids are more forward and tubey. Rs-08 better detail, separation, resolution and a step up in technicalities I believe. Rs-08 doesnt sound as busy as the crack from initial impressions.

So happy to have these amps. These are my end game amps since I dont plan on going over 1k price mark anytime soon. I like these ‘flavors’ i get to choose from.

Edit ** The dt880’s on the Lake people rs-08! Need to get them balanced now.

3 Likes

Even though they were all ordered at different times, all of my new amps decided to arrive on the same day!

A Quicksilver headphone amp to pair with my Eikon and my Elex:

An Emotiva to pair with the old speakers that I posted about earlier:

And a bluetooth dac/amp for my IEMs, with a cameo from a board game Kickstarter that also arrived today:

25 Likes

This would be interesting. My DT880’s on the G111 sound better single ended than balanced on the Jot2. But that’s mainly a statement of quality difference between G111 and Jot2. Balanced on your RS-08 will be interesting to hear back on!

like Christmas! you send Santa your requests throughout the year, and get 'em all on the same morning! have fun!

1 Like

A pair of EMK 10 ft XLR cables for when I get a pair of Adam Audio A7X monitors for my listening room. Once the covers I ordered from Digital Deck Covers arrive I will pick up the speakers at my local Guitar Center.

11 Likes

Ill have to practice soldering a bit more but when i can get the confidence to rip my spare 2nd pair of dt880s apart, ill be able to compare SE to balanced. I do wonder if it would be worth it. Im enjoying the single ended performance very much so far.

1 Like

Ayy nice QS! Don’t forget to get some nice NOS tubes.

1 Like

Have fun with your new Toys,it looks so good :v:.

1 Like

Yes I got that as well. So, after further tinkering, I just find out that they specifically recommend to use ASIO, and everything seem to work just fine with it.

Hmmm maybe I need to migrate to Roon too.

Edit: Just reinstalled the driver on Windows and everything worked just fine with WASAPI. Maybe I had a faulty driver installation? Don’t really know what happened TBH.

1 Like

Soloist 3X came in a few days ago. It may not be obvious from photos, but the build quality on these are quite nice.

And the 3080Ti is finally here! The first game from my backlog has been Shadow of Tomb raider—which might be the best looking game I’ve yet to play.

27 Likes

Tell us how good is the your pretty Burson.
Have fun with and enjoy with it.:wink::v:

And that’s why I’ll always, always prefer physical switches and knobs, lol.

3 Likes

I’ve had these on loan for a little while but just recently made them officially mine :grinning:

Fourte Noir :heart:

26 Likes

Quick delivery is very nice! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Week long vacation and come back to a stack of goodies! First concert tickets purchased this year, but pretty sure I’ll sneak more shows in between now and end of September. Hard to read without zooming in, Monophonics is the band.

Been waiting on that Loki for months and really excited to get it setup and tested out! My dog named Loki passed away last year so will be nice to have something that reminds me of him everytime I make an adjustment.

I have had the ‘What It Is! Funky Soul and Rare Grooves’ CD comp for about 10 years and highly recommend everyone check it out.

14 Likes

This is what I bought today for prime day. Gotta love same day delivery :grinning:

14 Likes