What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Initially, it seems fine, did not hear major differences with the BTR5 on a quick listen. They seem to be quite comfortable, got used to pretty quickly. Buttons on the sides are usable too after a little bit of try and error. I am using Tidal on an Android phone :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A couple of these, although I probably need a dozen

6 Likes

Well I use an SP200, SP100, and Emotiva BassX, but sometimes use my Zen Dac Headphone Out. I honestly didn’t know there were colour options. All I know is that I got an email from Arthur telling me the shipment has been delayed, and I’m looking at a minimum of 2-3 weeks for it to ship from Germany to me, and if I wanted to cancel the order. I’m a little bit tempted to get the Singxer. I’m so in love with my Hemps I was gonna put SE ahead of balanced, but I’m giving my T60 Argons some listening time, cause why not, and I sort of forgot how great they were. So now I’m wondering if I’ll be happier with the Hemps from the inferior SE of the Singxer but get to run my Argons balanced, or keep the G111 order and just hope I’m happy my Argons sound good out of it. I mean, I don’t have to get rid of my Emotiva, but it would be nice to drive both headphones properly, as well as my 600 Ohm 880s, though if I’m being honest, unless the G111 really makes the 880s better than the Emotiva, I don’t see why I’m ever gonna use those instead of my Hemps for music enjoyment. I just want everything without an unlimited budget, apparently

1 Like

Sonova bitch! :confused:

Kodak and now Sennheiser. I don’t know. Sometimes I think some companies should not be “allowed” to “disappear”…

1 Like

Belden Brilliance 1800B 110 Ohm cable to make some sweet, sweet AES/EBU digital cables for my Pi2AES. Small purchase, big enjoyment.

11 Likes

One of my girlfriends had some like 50-year-old Sansui speakers stashed away in a closet, and I wanted to know if they still worked. However, the only speaker wires I had were terminated with banana plugs and I didn’t want to strip them for speakers that I didn’t even know were going to work, so I borrowed some of my girlfriend’s jewelry wire to test:

This totally worked! The speakers play just fine, and they have some kind of built-in bit of reverb that actually sounds nice with swing jazz and soul music. (Though they don’t sound especially good with really busy music.)

However, the jewelry wire may have worried some people in the house, so all this to say… the new speaker wire I bought arrived in the mail today. :grinning:

17 Likes

Lol, I’d say so, with a name like that…! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have an A-100, but only use it for my speakers so far. I asked the manufacturer/company if they can get me a silver G111. See what happens :frowning: :crossed_fingers:t5: I went for G111 kuz it’s supposed to be a great match for Arya & Bifrost, and the type of not cold, spacious sound I like. Singxer prob just as good, and MLP.

Today’s the day I rejoin iLoud gang

17 Likes

I actually never saw them with the grills off

@Jose_G gave me the idea when he removed his in the What Did You Do Today? thread.

1 Like

are they hard to remove? how did you do it?

You pry of the front with a spudger, push the tweeter grill in from the front, bend the woofer grill prongs up and push it out from the back, put the front back on and you’re done.

1 Like

Any sound difference? Or just for looks?

I was aiming at Clairvoyance or Monarch as my next IEM, but when the Oracle/Excalibur came I went for the Oracle. If it is as good, but at $200 less, then it is a bargin.

They are smaller than expected, but build and cable seems solid in quality and the same for the accessories. Only one size spin-fit tip, but very cool unboxing.

9 Likes

Fucking finally, after those days of me resisting a lot of urge to buy some IEMs/Headphones, I finally have this fella! My first DAC/AMP ever, and I must say the sounds that I am hearing from these so far have been enlightening to say the least. Time to listen to The Strokes more with these on.

23 Likes

Be careful of audio cutting out as my roommate had to return one. Sounded good otherwise tho.

1 Like

A new valve train

12 Likes

Something a bit more old school:

• Sennheiser HD580 Jubilee
  • AKG K702 65th Anniversary

25 Likes

Just got the feliks Echo mkII in.
Haven’t owned a tube amp before so I’m excited to try it out!

25 Likes

I am seriously considering one for my first tube amp as well…

What DAC/DACs are you planning on feeding it from?

2 Likes