RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

lol, Sure. I already did. I was listening to Dua Lipa Homesick for my details test.

To my surprise, even though the Timeless sounds clearer than the Tea, the details of the fingers touching the keys and key clicks didn’t pop out as me as much as I was able to hear on the teas. They were clear and audible but when vocals were present, they were harder to make out which leads me to believe the Timless is compressed vs the Tea.

1 Like

Can you describe this sound? I’m very bad at explaining music. But this type of music sound very good to my ears with 7hz Timeless.

I just realized I’m doing this in @Rikudou_Goku 's thread. I should probably be posting this stuff in the Timeless thread. Sorry @Rikudou_Goku

1 Like

Any particular song?

I’ve read some great things about the Blurs. You’ve tried a lot of really good IEMs now, how do you think the Blurs compare to them?

2 Likes

2021-09-18: Here are the products I believe a newbie into the audio world should get.

Starter pack:

Iems :

• KZ DQ6 (stock or foam mod)
  • Final Audio E1000 (stock or micropore tape mod)
  • Blon BL-03 (stock or mesh mod)

Earbuds :

• Yincrow X6
  • Faaeal Iris 2.0

Headphones :

• Koss KSC75
  • Koss KPH30i

Tips :

• Elecom EHP-CAP20
  • Radius Deep mount
11 Likes

Hello and welcome to hfgf! :slight_smile:

Better than most transducers I’ve heard, but with the caveats of buds. They are in ear open back headphones. It’s hard to compare, but they are a bliss.

For instance, one of them has as good sub bass texture as my Variations, and no, im not kidding.

The other one does female vocals better than mangird tea.

3 Likes

Over in the 7hz Timeless thread someone said that they bought $100 worth of tips and there was a response saying to not spend their entire wallet, it’s just a hobby!

I’m glad that this hobby isn’t my most expensive one (lol). I love flying rc helicopters and they can get expensive very fast. Because of that my view on how expensive other things in the rc world are have become skewed. $800 for a new heli kit that doesn’t come with everything else you need to fly it? Yeah that’s perfectly reasonable. $500 for a rc car kit that doesn’t come with everything you need? That’s way too much. Why would I ever pay that? $3000 in total for the heli? Yeah thats ok. $3000 for new headphones? That still feels like too much to me. Some things are just funny like that. People just have a different outlook on how expensive something feels compared to another thing.

This guy here is from my home town. He’s a world class pilot. One of the best there is.

5 Likes

It was me. I said that because the guy wanted to still leave cash for gas and bills…

I’ve spent a lot more than that in tips. But you should never spend more than you should.

Always remeber that comparition is a dream killer. There’s some people that cant spend 50 bucks, because in their life or country is too much. There’s other people who spend 10k over night because they are bored. As always, everything needs to be balanced… Just like frequency responses :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly. Being in the heli hobby has really killed my perception of what’s expensive anymore. I just have to stuff comparing stuff and I’ll be good.
just-do-it-do-it

1 Like

Oh and nice hobby you are into :slight_smile: expensive, but amazing I bet :slight_smile:

Gotta love this miracle mod…

2 Likes

Oh yes. Oh so very expensive. At least with audio you can get really kit for cheap (ksc75, yincrow x6 etc). With helicopters you’re spending at least $300-$400 on a small “hobby” grade machine. In the hobby we designate the higher quality helis as “hobby grade” because you can go the mall (at least in the US) and get $100 china helis that don’t fly for shit. That $300-$400 most of the time doesn’t include a radio, battery, or charger. Things just start piling on top of each other. The only “cheap” way is to buy used and most of the time the guys selling are taking a pretty big hit compared to what they paid brand new.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

The only bud I currently have is the Yincrow X6, I bought it a while ago after reading Riku’s review.

My next bud will probably be an LBBS but I’m really interested in getting a Blur at some stage.

Really interested in getting a Falcon Pro as well. Looks a great deal for $220.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t my thread (sorry Riku), but since there’s a few friendly folks here…I wanted to share with you this little clip of me on my vacation!

It was only supposed to be shared with patrons, but you guys are so nice I wanted to share :slight_smile:

EDIT:: I do show up on camera at the end lol

8 Likes

I used to fly helicopters as well. I stopped at an Align TRex 550. I was shocked and scared when I started building mine because it was serious, I could kill someone with it if I made a mistake. I also started getting scared about storing those huge lipo batteries after I saw videos of them exploding. The buddy I used to fly with stored his in an ammunition box. I just had a large metal briefcase looking thing for the batteries.

I loved flying, but I would get so depressed when a crash would happen. So much money and time to rebuild it and it would never be the same after a crash.

I want to get back into it at some point but I’d never go bigger than 450. Even then, you could seriously injure someone if it were to get away from you.

Oh yeah definitely. Thats why I don’t fly anything bigger than my 380s around my neighborhood. They are just too dangerous around people who don’t know anything about them. That was old old then if that thing is still flybared.

I use to fly my 450s quite a lot. For me, it was the sweet spot. When ever it seemed I was in a spot where people could see it, they would flock to me and want to watch. It is a cool thing but I would sometimes get people asking me if they could try flying it.

lol

People do not understand the amount of training and skill it requires to actually fly an RC heli. It’s like balancing a metal ball on a table. Only as soon as the nose is pointed at you, everything is backwards.

I spent tons of time in a simulator but I never got to the point where I could do any crazy maneuvers. I have flipped a few of my helis but crashed once and just never wanted to take the chance again. I crashed an Align 450 because it got too far away from me and I lost track of its orientation near some trees. Boom! Tons of money gone in an instant.

You made me go down into my basement! This brought back some memories. :slight_smile: These are my largest helis I still have…

4 Likes

Hey at least now you can spend a grand and not worry about it falling out of the sky and then then exploding into a million pieces lol :rofl: it’ll just be in or on your ears.

I can totally see how crashing can be really disheartening and off putting when just getting into the hobby, especially back then when flybarred helis were so complicated to setup. Nowadays crashing can range from no damage whatsoever to full rekits. Plus most kits now are built to withstand most crashes with minimal damage with piling the heli into the ground being the outliers.

But if you ever did want to get back into the hobby Horizon hobby has a line a helis under the “blade” name that are extremely beginner friendly. Edit: nvm you know about blade :smiley: Also seeing that 550e now shows it’s age. Flybarred “style” head being really tall but with no flybar mechanics.