RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Can you test this foam with the blon 03 and all it’s mods? Is it better than stock/slater/no-mesh?

I want to “finish” my blons.

I dont think this is something you would wanna use on the 03, this mod reduces upper-mids/lower-treble. The slater mesh mod, does the opposite effect vs stock 03, it increases that area. With this tuning foam, it might just end up more bloated than the stock version lol.

Yep QDC but i actually regret it, i am cutting off the plug and installing a 2 pin plug instead, the QDC plastic hurts my ears big time, for me it is impossible to wear the iem with that plug :frowning:

1 Like

Would you say this Is a good replacement for the stock blon filter if I want to get the “stock” sound?

I lost my filter and I want the old sound back, no slater or anything like that

I guess it might be possible, my old filter is also gone though. :joy:

The person behind this thread has been kind enough to take part in the series of reviewer interviews that I am slowly publishing on my blog.

Please feel free to get to know him a little better :wink:

19 Likes

Excellent interview. Thanks for the hard work!

3 Likes

Tanchjim Tanya

Accessories starter pack 101

Audiosense DT600

Damn, I dont particularly like purple, but this looks sick.

Shuoer EJ07M

Another tribrid into my collection.

14 Likes

2021-10-28: Impressions:

Tanchjim Tanya:

graph - 2021-10-28T182543.411.png

Bass: mid-bass focused, cleaner than most mid-bass focused iems in this price range. The texture is very good though, reminds me of the Sony MH750/755 in that regard. Sub-bass is rolled-off, doesn’t extend that low nor rumble that much, sub-bass texture isn’t that good (average for the price I guess).

Mids: Recessed male vocals but tonality is pretty good due to the warmth. Female vocals neutral and quite good tonality as well.

Treble: 3k is slightly too much for me, as it is a bit peaky for me. But otherwise, it is on the warmer side (due to the bass) and still pretty clean.

Overall: The included accessories are the main reasons to get this iem IMO. But the Tanya itself is actually pretty decent, it reminds me of a mid-bass focused Sony MH755/750.

Audiosense DT600 (30ohm + Tanya filter):

graph - 2021-10-28T182250.563.png

Bass: Sub-bass focused, very clean, tight and fast and texture is very impressive for a BA. Mid-bass can be a bit lacking in quantity though. Extension is good for a BA but doesn’t rumble a lot though.

Mids: neutral, clean with both male and female. Male vocals can lack some warmth though. Female vocals are better than the male, due to the more accurate tonality.

Treble: Energetic, but not particularly peaky, it is on the brighter side though.

Overall: Very good first impressions (with the resistor + filter) and might be my favorite BA iem.

LZ A4 Pro (Red filter, black vent):

graph - 2021-10-28T184617.293.png

Bass: Mid-bass is pretty tight, fast and texture and is elevated. Sub-bass is the focus, but still pretty tight, fast and good texture. There is rumble (although not as much as I would prefer) and extension is good.

Mids: recessed male vocals, and can be a bit unclean, while tonality is good. Female vocals are also a bit recessed and can lack some brightness for the tonality as well as clarity.

Treble: Very warm treble, (can be classified as slightly dark) zero fatigue and not peaky at all. Not very versatile due to this treble, but is more specialized into R&B and works well with rock/metal as well (cymbals can be a bit too tame though).

Overall: Not really a versatile iem like its big brother (A7) (despite it having 12 combinations, most of them are unusable for me though) but can work pretty well for R&B and rock/metal. Although, I am not sure if the price is doing it good, since it is so close to the A7.

Shuoer EJ07M:

graph - 2021-10-28T194001.964.png

Bass: sub-bass is tight, fast and has very good texture as well as fun due to the quantity. Mid-bass is very clean as well with very good texture and fast/tight, quantity is pretty good as well (although more is welcomed). Extension is pretty good and there is rumble but not as much as I prefer (not a basshead iem for sure).

Mids: Male vocals are neutral, clean and has good tonality. Female vocals are more forward and better tonality with very good clarity without being fatiguing.

Treble: Very well-tuned, not peaky nor fatiguing but still plenty of details.

Overall: As I expected (hoped), this is the best one out of the bunch I got recently and tonality wise, it seems to be very fitting for my library. The Dunu EST112 might be in trouble. :joy:

15 Likes

Damn, nice! Btw, IMO impressions like that are much more pleasing to read compared to 200 timestamps like in your reviews. :joy: (but prolly it’s just me bc my musical taste is totally different)

oh lol, and here I am thinking of adding MORE tracks lol.

(at least I hope you like the new table comparison thing…)

2 Likes

Finally. Now just one noob remaining, right @igor0203?

Welcome to the Tea cult gang bro, more than deserved. I couldnt stand that EST112 on top of your ladder :smirk: Glad I can start seling other stuff (cough RSV cough)

Oh and by the way...

Buy Mangird Teas.

4 Likes

Aint happening.

4 Likes

Mine is getting personally delivered by Dudo, that’s why it’s behind the schedule a bit :sweat_smile:

I’ll place an order for EJ07M Pro so they can be delivered about the same time

2 Likes

I have both at the moment. Trying to get hold of some Tanya filters without having to wait for the Tanya to come, only to resell most of it. There must be someone stateside with 2 pairs available to be bought cheaply?

I was very impressed with the ZEX, enjoying and respecting them even if they’re not quite my usual tuning preference. They are more V shaped than my usual choices, so vocals sit further back (but not suppressed more than is acceptable or realistic) and of course the EST means the super-highs are sparkly and not very sibilant, but I still found sibilance in lower treble, like people saying “S”, “T”, “SH”, “CH” sounds… which I haven’t quite been able to tip-roll out.

For some reason when I tried the DQ6 months back it didn’t sit right with me, but this time around I think they are absolutely fantastic. As soon as I can tame the treble on them with some filters, they actually carry some of the key charms of my Aladdin which are my favorite IEM at any price range.

So ZEX is a more V-shaped profile, but they do have quite a few similarities outside of that. Both need treble taming, which at this price, and with supposedly cheap solutions, I’m more than OK with.

2 Likes

Audiosense DT600 + XINHS: Perfection

11 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku any deal better than a 202usd for a fiio fd5 to listen to classical>electronic>rock? in this order^

and i tend to value technicalities in this order:
soundstage/imaging>detail>resolution>bass (texture, slam, detail)

1 Like

Tanchjim Oxygen, you might be able to get it close to 200 usd on 11/11 with coupons + sale price.

But that price is really good on the FD5.

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku Would you say the Yincrow RW-2000 fit similarly (barring the obvious weight disparity) as the X6? Both are essentially MX500-style shell?

no, its a completely different style of shell.