RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

What would the price be of the saber 3? The two tone colour for different sides looks really nice!!!

100 euro. If you are in the us, shipping is 11 euro.

1 Like

missed opportunity to do one side all red and one side all clear after the split!

maybe lol. I am testing out a custom cable (custom wire and hardware) dedicated for gen 3 atm though.

2 Likes

Some appreciation post, I did not foam roll much when my Grand Berserker 2 came and went right straight to the red foam cause I like the look. I didn’t realise this red foam is actually thick and making the vocals muffled and I found them perfect for my lofi playlist. Changed it to a thinner foam, boom! vocals are much present but still a little recessed but not too much and still find them satisfying with tracks that has vocals. Finding them super nice with my hiphop playlist :notes:

The red foam is the perfect fit for my ear.

5 Likes

Got a sweet little treat in the mail yesterday (but I didn’t notice until today because I’ve been sick and only scooped the mail this morning):

Rikubuds Saber 3

I have to tip my hat once again to @Rikudou_Goku , you just keep getting better with every generation! I swapped from the white foams to the black lower-density foams to pull a little more upper mids and treble to the forefront, but boy howdy, this may be your best one yet! The Gen 3 fit and comfort is the best I have ever experienced from a bud (including bell-shaped) and the timbre is super-natural while allowing the whole spectrum to shine; the subbass won’t blow anyone’s mind, but it does dig deeper than I expected. Midbass is pleasantly punchy but tight, while male vocals and female vocals are well represented with no lack or overbearing qualities IMO. The treble is even and sparkles abound for such a balanced set. Staging and imaging are superior as well. If someone wanted to get into buds and wasn’t sure what particular sound they were looking for, I think these would be my new default recommendation. Just wonderful!

Additional sidenote, the new cables are great, too: a bit stiff to the touch but they have no memory and lay flat, with almost no weight to it.

11 Likes

goku-jumping-goku

Just the beginning of gen 3. :wink:

7 Likes

was hoping I’d get my Saber 3 this week for some weekend use but seems like it’ll be next week sometime

3 Likes

That’s unfortunate, but I assure you that they’re worth the wait!

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku wondering what’s the difference between GB2 and Saber 3? I see both are L shaped tuning. Is it GB2 having a slow bass while Saber 3 snappier and that vocals are forward on Saber3? Not sure how the Z5 treble sounds like but GB2 sounds dark.

GB2 is an extreme basshead bud. Saber 3 is not nearly as bassy as it is and will be more versatile.

1 Like

Can confirm what @Rikudou_Goku said; GB2 is DARK and bass-forward, where Saber 3 is much more balanced. Based on what I have, I would say that the Saber 3 is closer to the Serratus or Grand Alter Saber 2, just with a little more emphasis on bass (Saber 3) compared to the mids (GAS2, Serratus).
Mind you, that’s just from some quick cursory listening; I would need true A/B at length to nitpick the absolutes. Also, that’s with everything having low-density foams other than the GB2 (which I run with ‘donut’ foams to cut some of the bass).

3 Likes

I was just about to ask “How does the Serratus compare to S3 or are they apples and oranges?” Thanks!

I’d need some serious A/B to really break it down, but more similar than dissimilar IMO. Saber 3 easier to drive, too.

3 Likes

Nevermind post office decided not to update tracking until it was delivered :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Awesome! If it makes you feel better, the same thing happened to me; said all estimates were for Saturday, then when I brought in the mail from yesterday they were just chilling in the box.

2 Likes

off memory sounds very similar to bell serratus but I can do a more direct A/B later

2 Likes

initial impressions (stock white foams) - has big bass impact when called for and still thumps when not (a bit more than my preference for most music).
maybe gets a little congested on busier tracks (going to compare to other things later to be sure).
otherwise seems well balanced between the clear vocals and crisp highs.
comfort and fit wise these may be the best buds I’ve tried in the last 10 years, could probably wear them all day if my ears get used to using buds.
hopefully I’ll get some comparisons done and try the other foams over the next couple days.

7 Likes

Alright, which do you think looks better? Silver or black hardware, will be my cable for mmcx Gen 3.

Lightweight af. :+1:

3 Likes

Silver looks better NOW, but will constantly attract fingerprints and scratches over time. I vote black hardware for longevity and upkeep. Also, slightly more understated.

2 Likes