RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Cable A5? 180 usd. :sob:

That hurts.

Yeah, but I ordered it like 2 years ago. Back when budget cables were really bad. We are really lucky we can get the kind of cable quality we have at the prices we have now.

FYI… I believe the cable you’re depicting here is the same cable I’ve purchased just in a different color.

Warning, the photos are very deceiving on this item. The cable is NOT made of fabric. It is actually a sticky rubber-like material and it has a strange chemical smell. Here are pictures of the blue version I own.

I was able to get the sticky residue off it by rubbing it on a towel. It was not at all what I expected and would never have ordered it knowing what it actually is.

1 Like

My XINHS cable (8 core copper & silver) also came with that smell. I don’t remember the smell of WD-40, but that smell is like a lubricant or something like that. But that didn’t bother me. But the fact that the cable is not made out of fabric is a bummer.

I checked this cable you bought but I want a dull color like silver or black.

I’m just trying to help you make an informed purchase. Before I spent almost 100 bucks, I would have liked to know if the cable was fabric as it appears in its photos.

If you can see closely in the close up photo, there appears to be a complete plastic enclosure over the entire cable. There are smooth highlights overtop what appears to be the textured fabric surface. I can assure you, it is not fabric! It’s the most rubbery of any cable I have.

I agree with you that this information should be highlighted or like his other cables there should be a picture stating that the cable has a pvc skin. The ad on yours amd also the one I want doesn’t have anything about the pvc skin.

The rubber around the wires is probably the same I have on mine (8 core copper & silver). It’s curious that if the cable is indeed fabric, why cover it with a pvc skin? Maybe for durability? The one from CEMA doesn’t seem to have the pvc skin around the fabric wires.

I don’t think it is. It’s just the way this material appears. It looks cool, but it’s sticky and very heavy and thick.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :sob: :sob: :sob:

That’s not good.

hey,
don’t get your hope crushed just yet,
ask for a confirmation from the seller,
there is a fabric one but in black,
maybe they could make it in silver,

cheers,

1 Like

Hi @paulwasabii

Have you ever measured the custom cable you had made with the two versions of copper, bright and brown?

I did but don’t remember. Will do it in a bit.

As far as that 2 core, I would ask him if that is the same as NiceHCK BLOCC which I have.

Thanks, Paul. I’ll ask him.

Here is the copper on copper 8 core and when you subtract 0.4 for internal resistance on these clips, it puts you in that low range for XINHS. I think each separate 4 core might measure slightly higher.

Just keep in mind, each ear is basically a 4 core cable wrapped around your ear. I like the lower half in the tighter 8 core braid than the upper pair after the split. Not bad but its not like that smooth 2 core. TBH, I wouldn’t mind a 4 core in the same colors.

Maybe a six core version the thinner bright copper that he uses in the 12 core here: Large 12 Cores high purity Copper Wire HIFI Upgrade Cable MMCX/0.78mm 2 Pin/QDC Connector for AS10 ZSX ZSN PRO C12|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress

That is indeed a good looking cable, Paul. Thanks for the measurement. Does different the copper wires have the same width? If so, that wouldn’t work for me as the one I have in which the silver wire is thinner than the copper one is already too thick for my ear and sometimes causes some discomfort as the protrusion from the wires creates a pressure point on my ear. That’s why I thought about the 2 core one as it has a round finish around the ears and would be more confortable.

Right, the bright copper is 1.5mm and the dark is 1.2mm iirc. That is why I mentioned the 12 core, that material should be thinner. Might want to ask about a thinner 4 core that is twisted rather than braided. Might be closer to that 2 core.

That probably would work as being twisted it doesn’t have the same high points as the braided cable creates around the ear hooks. I’m waiting for the reply from xinhs regarding how much that CEMA Tianwaitian clone would cost me.

1 Like

Anybody got their hands on the Tin audio T5? The seller in my country said i have to wait til july if i want to get my hands on. Any impression of these?

Seems to be a v-shaped iem thats very different from their regular house tuning. (from others reviews/impressions)

(not mine, this is Super reviews)

1 Like