RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Alright here.

I angle it a bit diagonally, that way it fits better and I get a deeper fit (better sound) than I would have gotten if i wore it straight down.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about giving the Moondrop Chaconne a go actually (per your comments). What would be the best in your opinion?

start with the budget range 0-10 usd to find out your taste in bud tonality. Then move up to the high/totl range. Definitely DO NOT start with a TOTL bud like the Chaconne when you arent sure about buds lol.

Yincrow X6
Yincrow RW-9
FAAEAL Iris CE
NiceHCK MX500

Those are my recommendation and they cover a lot of different tonalities.

2 Likes

BAM!

We’ll see what happens.

:+1:

At least wait for the sale in a week lol. I will probably get the other 3 versions of the Faaeal Iris to get to the bottom of what the hell they are doing.

1 Like

It’s already ordered. I didn’t know there was a sale. lol

no big deal for that price range. You probably only save a few dollars.

1 Like

Just a little shoutout about the X6s. Got them in a week or so ago and they haven’t left my amp often.

Certainly a surprising bud. Bass hits well for a bud, and well for a earphone. There’s a tiny touch of sub-bass that even Blons replicate, mids are good. highs are good. I’d say highs are a touch hot for my ears at higher volumes (and I’m not a high hater).

Soundstage is wonderful! Not super immersive or deep, but great separation and side to side width. Vocals still have a presence, tho. Prob my fav soundstage presentation sub $100.

Fit is good for me, no pain and can wear for pretty much the whole day if I wanted. Honestly they’re kinda my comfort buds now. But there is a touch of movement for my small ears, so readjustment is required.

Genres vary, tho. I really enjoy older Rock and indie with them, but some electronic and hip-hop doesn’t jive as much. Still good overall, just kinda particular when they shine.

Quick comparison: Apple Earpods. Folks quickly overlook these, but they were the darlings of Head-fi when they were released. Honestly, Earpods have more bass impact. Might be due to my ears and how they port sound. Highs are softer, mids are smoother. But the soundstage and accuracy isn’t as good, and there’s less detail and a touch metallic tone. I’d take the X6 in end, but both aren’t bad choices.

Overall, for $11, stupidly simple buy.

1 Like

I’m thinking of trying this… :wink:
airpodslobes_grande
Not sure where to buy the washers from tho.

2 Likes

Haha, dedicated for sure.

@Rikudou_Goku…hey buddy out of interest have you tried the Reecho & Peacock Spring?..I deffo rate this slept on set… 2DD’s and a BA what’s not to like :man_shrugging:

No I haven’t tried it. Not really interested either sorry.

GS Audio is keeping my wallet hostage lol.

Your loss I reckon :cry: it’s a better fitting and lighter OH10 with the a similar bass response but with better upper mids and an airier treble :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@luizgarcia might be more interested in it then.

1 Like

2021-06-12: Another discord server joins the fray: https://discord.gg/suHz68S9

2 Likes

Oh boy… I literally just ordered the Mangird Tea, it has not even arrived yet, but a lighter OH10 with better upper frequencies for $110??? I will have to get these! lol

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

1 Like

@Ohmboy Is the one that mentioned it. I take no credit for it. :+1:

1 Like

Chris’s graph :+1:

2 Likes

@Ohmboy , is this the one you tested?

I am finding different names for this IEM, Spring 1, Spring Day, Spring Fever, not sure if they are all the same or not…

Should be that one.

1 Like