RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Is collecting gold bars your last hobby??? LOL

PC building and tuning. I used to build a new PC every 6months or so and give them to friends and family. I enjoyed building and setting them up more the generally using them… though I do game so I would keep the latest one for myself and give the others away or make servers out of them or media center PCs, etc.

2 Likes

Do you think it is best because it has more mid-bass while the Monarch has more sub-bass? In that case wouldn’t the Clairvoyance also be a good choice for metal?

It’s all about slam and speed. Neither the Monarch or Clairvoyance are very fast IEMs when it comes to bass. None of the Thieaudio IEMs are. The Legacy 2 might change that with its beryllium driver. We’ll find out as soon as it arrives here.

Frequency response is not everything. The Clairvoyance is no where near the resolving capabilities of the Monarch.

The Dunu Zen on the other hand is one of the best IEMs you can purchase for bass and dynamic slam. If you want to feel kick drums pounding your brain, get the Zen and run to the hospital. It will do the job you’re looking for and then some.

2 Likes

I am interested in the legacy 2, but only if it gets the customization options the legacy 3 has. I would rather have in a solid color.

hawaiibadboy says this about the L2s: “Most Similar s far is Ikko OH10”

Sounds very interesting…

EDIT: sorry last question, do you consider the dynamic slam on the Zen very superior than the FD5?

Yup. It is the hardest hitting IEM I own.

1 Like

Guys, I just bought an used copper cable 4.4 balanced yesterday. New price $50, bought at $25. Can’t stop listen it for 4-5 hours last night. The sound improved! Significantly on wider soundstage. It is a discontinued cable, but u guys can check out info here. 768 wires VS 96 wires on stock cable FiiO LC3.5B ! [https://shopee.com.my/Hillaudio-CU-PRO-Pure-OCC-Copper-IEM-Upgrade-Cable-i.6548893.2612727359]
More dynamics, better imaging. Just a little bit warmer (now I know previously I actually feels fatigue a bit due to brighter sound, I thought it was the eartips)…the only con is the thick looks, like a python on my tummy. My officemates (normal earphone people) will be shocked seeing it later.
Hours of tuning, I found out the sound gets more dynamics with max phone volume (combo with FiiO Q3) VS lower phone vol. Compared using youtube dolby atmos video.
Turning on gain mode on FiiO Q3 also gives more clarity, eliminates little noise maybe?. Tested on few vocal focused songs.
I understand some people said it may be because of increased volume. But it is not! I even lowered volume than my normal level, still can hear sound improvement. 4.4 balanced makes volume about 5% more only for my case
Now my $123 FiiO FH3 has become an $200 IEM. LOL! Thanks guys for all the knowledge.

Your right it is not just the volume an amp provides. You can have headphones or IEMs that easily get loud enough, but are still not being driven with enough current or voltage, so the drivers will not perform as good as they can. Other times the output curve may not match well with the variable resistance that headphones and IEMs have over different frequencies which can lead to suboptimal performance.

1 Like

Zen indeed has the best bass texture of my entire collection. :+1:

Only complaint I have with the bass Is that I want more quantity lol.

1 Like

So the mesh filters that I ordered arrived yesterday and surprisingly that was before me going to work. Since I still had a lot of time to mod my BLON BL-03s via replacing its stock filters with the mesh ones I ordered, I did it. With the stock filters replaced with the new ones and gave my BL-03s a listen again, and it has been a revelation courtesy of @Rikudou_Goku

4 Likes

Nothing a low shelf can’t fix, right? hahaha

I did try it, the Zen just doesnt respond well to EQ at all. (worse than the A6)

Oh no, another top contender of mine to not respond well to EQ? Such a shame…

Hey @Rikudou_Goku , what is the cheapest way to get some Final E tips? I got mine from Amazon Japan with some other stuff and shipping was kind of expensive but ok since i was getting other items as well, now i just wanted to buy a second set of tips because i find myself taking the Final E from one IEM to use in another all the time…

Final Audio E500/E1000 includes them. Check where you can buy it the cheapest.

Nice, these include the complete set with all sizes?

yeah, the entire E series does that.

1 Like

Added bonus the E500 is also not a bad IEM either. It was good enough that I also got the E3000 to see what it’s tuning sounded like and don’t regret either purchase.

I am having a hard time finding the E500 anywhere though, similar thing with the E tips…